Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Two Towers Trailer Released.....Impressions?

I've already seen a portion of the trailer, on E!, and it was really awesome! A scene of orcs slinging siege ladders up the walls of Helms Deep, Rohirrim flinging the ladders off the walls....incredible! Got my heart stirring to see the film for the tenth time.

Another scene was of three riders crossing a plain....assuming this is Rohan.

Well, first showing is at 11:45......and Israel finally lashed out! Oh, the dilemma.....see the film, watch the war.......see the film, watch the war.......oh well.

WATCH THE FILM! I'll post my own impression this afternoon. Gotta hit that first showing!

[Hope this new thread is okay, figured a new spot to place impressions of the trailer was appropo]
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote