Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Strider Jiana the Strong

Jiana stood outside her home, weeping for her murdured family inside. She set fire to the hut, watching it burn to ashes and giving her family a burial. Her mother, father, two sisters and three brothers all perished at the hands of the orcs. She swore that they would pay dearly when she hunted them.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:44 AM   #2
orithil
Captain Jack

Gandalf

what do we do? no offense meant
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**I dunno, just come up and start talking, I guess, Jiana doesn't know where to go to start looking for orcs.**
Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
orithil
Captain Jack

Gandalf

I can come up with some scenarios.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**ok, just do whatever you feel like at the moment. Oh yeah, and I might be able to post once more today [Thursday], but Friday thru Monday I will be gone on vacation. Sorry, but when I get back, I will post right away. **
Old 07-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #6
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aiwendil groaned. Around her lay the bodies of her family and quite a few Riders. Memories of the attack drifted through the pain.

"Orcs!" Someone cried. The Riders, including her father and brother, turned to face them. Aiwendil joined them. This was to be the day she was to join the Riders of Rohan. The orcs overwelmed them. Shadowbane reared and was cut down, trapping Aiwendil beneath him. She struck her head.

Aiwendil once again tried to slid out from under Shadowbane. Pain jolted through her right leg. For two days she had been here, hoping someone would pass this way before her broken leg devolped a fever. The day before she had noticed smoke to her right. If she could just get out from under her stallon. Aiwendil slipped back into unconscienceness.

(ooc: Aiwendil is about a league from Jiana's home. If this won't work let me know and I'll edit)

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #7
orithil
Captain Jack

Nazgul

Orithil stood in the middle of a raging battle "HOLD THE LINE!" he called out the orcs were attacking osgiliath again he came up behind an orc and stabbed it in the back. Catapaultes were going off around him. Next to him stood faramier. Orithil rounded up his unit and made a charge slaughtering 40 orcs but losing 10 men all of a sudden boromier said "retreat to the barricades" Orithil started to run when he reached the barracades archers shot there arrows and killed 120 orcs the casualtes were growing on both sides.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

Last edited by orithil : 07-24-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana wiped her eyes and mounted her waiting horse. She turned her back on her former home and began riding, unknowingly, towards the place where Aiwendil was.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:54 AM   #9
orithil
Captain Jack

Gandalf

We must call the riders of rohan someone shouted we must Orithil agreed the line could not be held for much longer faramair suggested retreating to gondor, more orcs piled for foward and archers were killed then a catapault went off and the retreat was called the surviving men ran to gondor to make there stand. the signal fire was lit to sommon rohan or anyone to there aid times were desperate.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana rode forward, scanning the carnage for any living creatures. She noted with grim satisfaction that many of the dead were orcs. Then she saw Shadowbane, with Aiwendil lying under him. She swiftly dismounted, then noticed the signal fire. With a sigh, she turned to see if she could help Aiwendil.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:11 PM   #11
Acalewia

Aiwendil's eyes fluttered open and rested on the young woman over her. Her hand tightened on the hilt of her sword but then relaxed.
"How many orcs were killed?" Aiwendil wispered.
"Enough" the young woman answered. Aiwendil put a hand on Shadowbane.
"I need your help to get out from under my horse." Her leg screamed with pain and her head throbbed.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #12
orithil
Captain Jack

"FIRE THE CATAPAULTS"!! yelled orithil from the wall, orcs went flying "wait" said faramiar but it was to late a seige tower pulled up against the wall. A dozen arrows took down the first wave of orcs but more swarmed through deadly hand to hand combat erupted along the walls orithil charged the orcs just in time to see faramair fall "FOR GONDOR" yelled orithil as him and the remaining soldiers on this part of the wall charged the hoarde of orcs.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana managed to get Aiwendil out from under Shadowbane, and examined her leg, cleaning the wound and bandaging it. Her grey eyes were soft with concern for Aiwendil, but full of hatred for the orcs.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #14
orithil
Captain Jack

"hold them here"!!! yelled orithil as he stabbed an orc in the stomach "HOLD THEM AT THIS WALL" WE CANT" yelled a gondorian soldier "were are the riders" replyed orithil "rohan has forsaken us" said the soldier "I see said" said orithil with a sigh "take a platoon of soldiers and get faramiar to lord denethor, then ring the retreat bell the rest of us will hold them here until then" "ARCHERS" yelled orithil and another volley of arrows thudded into the orcs "FOWARD" yelled orithil and charged head first into the enemy but from the ground he heard a soldier cry "HOLD THE GATE HOLD THE GATE" the defenses of gondor were failing.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #15
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana knew Gondor was in dire need of aid, but she could not leave Aiwendil there without help. She asked her, "Is Shadowbane dead?"
Old 07-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Acalewia

"Yes" Aiwendil said sadly. She glanced at the beacon. Gondor was calling for aid. Then she remembered something.
"There is a house half a league to the north. We passed it on our way to Endoras. I know not if the orcs attacked the family that lives there, but we have to see"

Old 07-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #17
orithil
Captain Jack

The bell rung and the gondorian warriors fled the wall in dismay but the gate was falling the city was ablaze Orithil directed some of his soldiers to the gate while the rest shot volleys of arrows into the orcs but since the wall was so long even if you purposly wanted to leave the wall it was hard to do so the fighting on the wall continued.Luckly before the wall was about to fall 30 fountain gaurd arrived at the battle and quicky reinforced the wall Orithil ran up the wall to get a better look at the enemy because he knew this might be his only chance. When he looked over the wall all he saw for miles with orcs he turned to the fountain guard next to him and said "what of lord denethor" said Orithil "he has lost his mind and will do nothing he said" the fountain guard stood tall and another bell rung to get all soldiers back to there positions the gate was falling but the wall was regained. "FIRE THE CATAPAULTES" yelled Orithil and more orc went flying. Then the orcs catapaultes slung a volley of rocks and bolders into the side of the wall and many gondorians died.Then BANG the gate was flung open and a trolls poured threw gondorian spears took down the first two but the thrid slew the front line defenders arrows poured into the troll from above but orcs swarmed through and the soldiers were forced to abandon the wall to fight in small skirmishes in the city streets this was certinly gondors darkest hour.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #18
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana stood for a moment, undecided, then turned to Aiwendil, her mind made up. "Come on." She pulled Aiwendil up onto her horse, Suldal, and mounted behind her. Then she took off at a hard run for the house Aiwendil spoke of. As they rode, she told Aiwendil, "If they are dead, we must hasten to Gondor with all speed. If not, we must bring the able-bodied ones with us. Then we must go to Edoras to call the riders together!"
Old 07-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #19
Acalewia

Aiwendil nodded. In less than three quarters of an hour, Suldal came to a stop. There was no movement or noise save for an occasional wicker of a horse. Three boys peaked out of the stable. one disappeared and a woman stepped out.
"The men are gone," she said. "They drew the orcs away" there were tears in her eyes.
"We need a horse" Aiwendil said softly. "And anyone who can hold a lance or sword." The woman nodded.

Minutes later, Aiwendil, Jiana, and four teenagers began their ride to Endoras.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #20
orithil
Captain Jack

"Get them" yelled Orithil as he cut off an orcs arm then stabbed it in the stomach, was in the middle of a very crowded and bloody street there was fighting everywhere barely any rooom to move and a cave troll "Gandalf will saves us where is he?' yelled a soldier "I am not sure he left the wall about an hour ago to fight a troll" said another as he stabbed an orc. "do not dwell on these things" said Orithil as he cut off an orcs head,but to his dismay he found himself face to face with a troll he ducked the trolls sword and then picked up a spear and threw it through his face they almost had control of this street but that would not be enough.