Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-29-2002, 06:55 PM   #141
Laredith
Enting

OOC: Ahh! You people keep forgetting me! (partailly my fault, but anyway...)

Laredith was still in her position behind the tree. She was still irked that she was of no use to the group as of this point. All of a sudden, she heard that strange hissing sound again. Ever so carefully, she let her hand go near a bush, and then attacked it. At long last, she finally got a hold of the hissing thing. By now, she had drawn her sword and placed it at the thing's throat. In the darkness she couldn't see what it was.

"WHO ARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU LISTEN TO SECRECT COUNSILS!" Laredith exclaimed. It hissed again. Laredith had already figured out that the thing in her hands was some kind of intelligible beast.

"SPEAK, FOOL!" Laredith exclaimed once more.

"Laredith, what is going on over there?" Lara asked.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 10:00 PM   #142
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara stood from her seat, Halbarad following her suit.

"Laredith! Are you alright?" She called again.

This time, a terrifying shriek answered her call, one that was not human and not Laredith's. Lara took off running toward the sound, her heart pounding along with the footsteps of Halbarad behind her.

They reached a clearing where Laredith stood, her sword drawn, gleaming in the moonlight.

"Laredith what was that? Did you see it?" Lara inquired. The air seemed thick with fear.

"No, and I'm glad I did not," answered Laredith, obviously shaken by the encounter.

"You were brave to challenge the sound," offered Lara trying to make the soldier feel better.

"I believe we should go back to the camp and back to the firelight, do you not agree Lara?" Halbarad said looking around warily in the dark glade.

"Yes, lets," replied Lara tring to steady her voice and swallowing the dread that gathered in her throat...
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 10:33 PM   #143
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Once they had reached the small fire one of the Gondoreans had made Halbarad gave Laredith some extra hides. "Forget that noise. Sleep for now." Lighting his pipe, Halbarad whispered to Lara "Have you any idea what that was?"

"I fear not. Whatever it be, it bodes ill for us." Looking off into the night Halbarad said "Yes, I agree. We cannot sitt here for much more longer. If it is alright with you my lady, I would like to send out some scouts. If possible they may find the creature Laredith encountered earlier and learn news of Fembrin and the hobbits."
Old 05-30-2002, 07:01 AM   #144
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"I believe we must, for if my companions are still out there they may end up encountering this thing," answered Lara
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:04 AM   #145
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird accepted Halbarads invitation for pipe by the fire after he hd set some snare for more rabbits. He listened quietly and Halbarad looked at him in suprise"You're strangly silent Halfling and I hear it rumored that Halflings are talkative folk." Alaird laughed"Nay lord when you've never travelled before an' you take up a quest many things happen that you dont understand. You listen an' try to figure things out. All I know is I'm supposed to stay faithful, like my grandfathers who travelled Middel Earth. In fact that's why I'm taggin' along. I wish to see the lands my grandfathers did. I imagine that after Moria I'll have to leave this company." The hobbit sighed with regret"An' I'm sorry sir for not trustin you. My own Grandfather is a knight of Gondor. I should have known you by your stature for my Grandfahter talks often of his leige lord King Aragorn also known as Elessar..." The hobbit faltered at the suprise on Halbarads face "Wot did I say?" he asked concernedly. "Your grandfather is in the service of King Elessar?" the man asked in wonder. "Yes. An' my other grandfather he went to Mordor with the Rig Bearer Frodo. He was his servant Samwise." Halbarad whispered to the hobbit"Dont just tell that to anyone small one. It could put you in deadly danger." Alaird nodded"Well master it's time I get to bed." The young hobbit fell into deep sleep and was woken what seemed only minutes later by Fimbren and Katt"Shh come with me halfling. We're going to Rivendell." Alaird grinned."'old on I've got to get my staff." Alaird grabbed his staff and followed Fimbren.
They woke Dai and went to the horses. Alaird shook his head. He whistled low and soft for Perri. The pony came from the shadow of the trees and Katt and Aalird mounted him and followed behind Fimbren and Dai....
Ok I gotta go. DONT POST UNTIL I'VE FINISHED MY POST PLEASE!
Thank you
Sotshire managment
ps. I need to stop dissapearing for a day or two and then come back. The thread get longer and longer and I cant read it all. Please update me someone all I know is that someone went off with me and Katt and Dai and I dont know why. Why?
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 05-30-2002 at 06:09 PM.
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:52 AM   #146
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc:fimbren took the hobbits and rode off and we dont know where -.-
Old 05-30-2002, 12:50 PM   #147
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Alaird is not smoking with Halbarad, he is riding with me currently.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:54 PM   #148
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: ok...he rode off later that night. post finrod for the rpg can resume
Old 05-30-2002, 01:01 PM   #149
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

[wait for post]

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-30-2002 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:02 PM   #150
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad left Lara's side and went to a group of the Gondoreans. "The Elf hasnt returned, nor the hobbits. I need two people to accompany me." After the two men had been picked they went where their horses were chewing on some grass and mounted them. "They set somewhat towards the east, in the diretion of the Weather Hills." Waving a hand at the camp as he set off witht he scouts he thought Goodbye, my lady.
They had prolly ridden 3 miles from the camp when they had heard a hissing noise, and it was the exact same noise Laredith had heard. Grabbing another man's bow he let fly a shaft into the bushes the hiss had came from and what crawled out stunned all three Men.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:04 PM   #151
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

deleted
Old 05-30-2002, 01:07 PM   #152
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Suddenly Fimbren rode between the men and towards the creature. "Elbereth Githoniel!" yelled Fimbren. The creature shrunk back into the bushes.
"HALBARAD!" yelled Fimbren, "send your men to get the others and tell everyone to come to weathertop. You come now to weathertop. The hobbits are there and need our help, hurry!!!!!!!!!"
Halbarad, dazed, sent his men to get everyone else and he and Fimbren rode off to Weathertop.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:12 PM   #153
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Eyeing Fimbren with suspicion he said "Fimbren what has happened? Tell me now! Why in the first place did you ride from the camp?!" Nearing Weather top they followed the path around and into a small dell, here they dismounted.

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 05-30-2002 at 01:24 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:20 PM   #154
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

whoops..disregard this post:P

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 05-30-2002 at 01:24 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:26 PM   #155
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren sighed, "I had recieved some news and had to meet up with some of my kinsmen from Rivendell here. The hobbits were the companions I wanted, I knew they'd like to mee some more elves. When we got here we found most of the elves slain and the rest severely wounded. Most are still unconscious and so I left the hobbits with them. We need to find out what happened. This attempt to retake Moria is, I think, more than just the Dwarves returning home. Why else would Gondor be so heavily involved?" He looked at Halbarad intently and Halbarad turned away. They came to where the hobbits were. Beyond was a bloody mess of dead and wounded Elves.
"They were attacked while sleeping" said Fimbren.
Quickly the two of them walked down to where Dai, Alaird and Kat were tending some unconscious elves.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-30-2002 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:39 PM   #156
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

"Stay where you are. I need to examine the ground. Did you find anything when you arrived such as a weapon or anything not belonging to the elves?"
"No, im afraid not," Fimbren said mournfully.
Halbarad crawled with his face near the ground in an area by the slain elves. "Look here. The ground is rutted up in the spot. And beside it is a large print. It couldnt have been made by any of the Elves,for their footprints would hardly be seen in this light. It was made by heavy a riding boot." Sighing Halbarad stood up and looked about the land from he top of the hill. He could see their company riding to the foot of the hill, and Halbarad went down to join them.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:02 PM   #157
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng woke up from a fitful sleep, when he heard commotion coming from the camp. "Lara! What's going on?" Eäráng asked, wanting to know what the problem was. Lara answered, "There has been a creature in the camp. Fimbren, Halbarad, and two of the Hobbits have rode off, with several men, and we don't know where they are or where they were going. There is a search party being formed to find them, but we don't know where to start."

The search party was formed a little later, consisting of Lara and Laredith, along with several of Halbarad's men. Eäráng decided to go off on his own, because he needed to get to Moria, to see if his quarry was there...
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:24 PM   #158
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

The search party was met by Halbarad's two companions who led them allm to Weathertop. Halbarad came down to meet them and explain.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:40 PM   #159
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad and the company met up at the bottom of the hill. there he explained to Lara what had happened. "But I think you need to talk to Fimbren. For what reason he had to meet his kinsman here, i know not. " At that very moment Fimbren walked up witht he hobbits behind.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:55 PM   #160
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"Fimbren," Lara asked the elf as he approached, "What is your say in this?"