Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2002, 10:05 PM   #81
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Christiana was about to call a halt when Legolas suddenly shot his bow.There was a crash,and then legions of Men came down against them.Drawing her sword,she prepared to do battle.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 05:24 AM   #82
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Meanwhile, Nimmorn stood before the burning tower, staring at the flames in the distance. Then he heard something behind him...thankful to his foresight that led him to string his bow, he turned, nocked an arrow, and looked into the darkness...

...before him was an orc. Strange, to see one, even here, as all the orcs had fled to the east...

...he shot. The arrow hit the orc between the eyes, and it shrieked before falling to the ground, dead. Nimmorn cursed; the cry would probably alert any other orcs that might be around. Hearing a sound to the right, he turned, drawing another arrow--and faced another elf.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #83
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The discovery of the bodies of the missing scouts had been a nasty shock. Eruwyn's small army had left the open meadow as soon as possible after burying the remains of the scouts. They still pressed foreward even now they had lost the element of surprise.

Imarwen felt uneasy, a thousand men suddenly didn't seem enough to be safe. She remembered the bodies on the meadow and shuddered. Again she checked her knives, she had been doing so nearly every ten minutes but the familiar feel of the knives eased her troubled mind a little. She wasn't the only tense one, the better part of the army was alert and weary. Even Eruwyn their leader seemed ill at ease, though she masked it well. Imarwen briefly wondered how it would feel being responsible of 1000 soldiers.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:59 PM   #84
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Fimbren is still inside the tower so I don't know who the guy who Nimmorn met is and it would be best if Nimmorn didn't come in the tower...yet.
So what is in the north and what is in the south?

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-26-2002 at 02:03 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:08 PM   #85
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

After several hours of searching, Fimbren found his way to the stairway that led to the tower's top. The opened the door and was confronted by something he had not expected. There was one of the Fell-Beasts, like the Nazgul had flown on, but riding it was the Mouth of Sauron. Everyone thought that this sorceror had been killed but now, Fimbren saw, his own power had allowed him to escape. Fimbren slowly drew his sword, Ringil, Fingolfin's sword, and walked towards the beast which turned towards him. It screamed and Fimbren lunged. The fell beast leapt from the tower and the rider fell several feet from Fimbren. While the Mouth of Sauron stood and drew his weapon, the fell beast swooped down on the villagers who remained in Minas Ithil and the unsuspecting two elves below.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:27 PM   #86
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
It was night, and Eruwyn at least had enough sense to post elves as guards. She, Revamir, Imarwen, and the other leaders sat around a small fire (they had risked one, reasoning that the enemy already knew where they were) and discussed their tactics. "Starting tomorrow, we ride in battle formation. I want the Rohirrim in front, then the Elves and Gondoreans, and the Ithiliens in the rear. We'll be on full alert from now on."

The others debated this and Eruwyn sat quietly, hearing each point of view and nodding. Finally, she looked at Imarwen.

"What do you think?"

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:37 PM   #87
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana addressed her followers
"friends,tomorrow we begin battle for Ithilien.At first light,Cheyanne will howl to Eruwyn.If there is a smoke signal,we will charge on the north bank,while they charge on the south."
Legolas:"get some rest."

In the morning, they assembled.a howl rose in the still air...

ooc:Nariel,this is ur signal!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 10-01-2002, 07:12 AM   #88
Earniel

OOC: Hah! I'm promoted to one of the leaders now! Yeay! Don't mind me I had a funny day today.

back to last night:
Imarwen remained silent for a while before answering. When she spoke, she spoke slowly and thoughtful.
"It is wise to ride in battle-formation, it'll keep us from being surprised. Yet the trouble is that we do not know who we are battling! Apart from traces of campfires and camp sites we haven't had any real sighting of the enemy. It's disturbing. We do not know their numbers, tactics or strenghts. And I've got the feeling that they know ours much too well. It is as we're constantly being watched. If it comes to blows, which it doubtlessly will, we won't survive without our Northern army now that we've lost our element of surprise. I think it would be wise to abandon all unnecessary luggage from here on. We're a small army, speed can be our advantage."

OOC: sorry that I posted again too late.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:26 AM   #89
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

The mouth of Sauron rose to his full height, he was tall for the blood of Numenor flowed nearly pure in his veins. Fimbren shivered, this was no Nazgul but he had a power, cold and great. Fimbren looked around, he still hadn't found what e had come for unless...he looked towards his opponent, of course! The mouth of Sauron had it! Fimbren stood to attention, his sword in front of him and bowed, to his suprise, his assailant did likewise.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:23 PM   #90
Christiana
Elf Lord

ooc:so is the "bane" to be revealed at last,huh?

Old 10-02-2002, 02:35 PM   #91
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: crap, that means I have to think of a bane. Give me a day or two of battle before we reach the climax....

ic: Eruwyn was not asleep when the first light of dawn touched her eyes. And, just then, a howl she heard very far off. If she had elfblood, she could have estimated the distance. Quickly she rose to rekindle the fire. The others would be waiting. And now, alone, she had to make the decision. Would they attack or would they wait? She took her cloak and held it over the fire, then pulled it off, a large cloud of smoke rising. As if an omen, the smoke formed itself into the shape of an arrow. "Attack" she whispered to herself, then let four more such clouds rise, before awakening her troops and marching off to what would surely be ther doom of many.

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Old 10-02-2002, 04:16 PM   #92
Earniel

Imarwen woke to the calls 'to arms!' For a moment she wondered whether they were under attack but then she figured out it was meant for everyone to arm and prepare themselves for the journey. She rose quickly and dressed even faster. Her armour proved a little more difficult. She was uncomfortable in the chainmail she had been given. Whether it was dwarfmade or not, she couldn't tell but as long as it meant more protection from enemy weapons, she wasn't complaining overmuch. When Merrah, her horse, was saddled and ready, Imarwen went in search of Eruwyn and Revamir. If there was news from the Northern army, they would know it.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:35 PM   #93
Christiana
Elf Lord

When the smoke went up, Christiana and Legolas charged with their troops into battle.Only then did she notice that all the enimies were men...

From the other side,Eruwyn heard the commotion.

Old 10-13-2002, 05:21 PM   #94
Earniel

Imarwen stopped and listened. There was a lot of noice coming from the north. Was it the northern army? It couldn't really be anything else. Then at last she spotted Eruwyn and went to join her. "What news of the northern army, Lady Eruwyn?" she asked.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:20 PM   #95
Nariel
Elven Warrior

"None," Eruwyn answered with a worried look on her face. "We must continue advancing. Soon we will find what is causing the attacks."

Just then, a hoard of men cam running through the bush, straight at them "TO ARMS!" Shouted Eruwyn and drew her sword....

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 10-14-2002, 04:48 PM   #96
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana's sword, Shimmersing, flashed from its sheath. Thrusting it through one enemy, Christa whirled in a balanced move to slash an attacker sneaking up behind her. Gathering her strength, she leaped up on to Lightfall. Holding onto her mane with one hand,with the other Christa wielded her sword, while Lightfall reared and struck out with her hoofs. At her side, Cheyanne snarled, holding two fighters at bay.

Old 10-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #97
Earniel

Other people heard Eruwyn's cry and repeated it throughout the small host. People moved into battle formation in just a few minutes.

Imarwen stood at Eruwyn's side and reached with both her hands behind her back. She pulled the two daggers from their sheaths. There was no time to reach Merrah now, she would have to stay here and pray the valar for her survival. Her daggers weren't exactly wellsuited for fighting in the front row but she didn't really have much of a choice. She readied herself for the uncoming attackers.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #98
Earniel

OOC: Hello? Who's still here?

*crickets*
Old 11-08-2002, 10:33 PM   #99
Christiana
Elf Lord

i am

Old 11-11-2002, 10:46 PM   #100
Nariel
Elven Warrior

still here.

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor