Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2002, 08:37 PM   #81
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

The company rode faster. He whipped the side of Flik to quicken his pace. Dai looked back and saw the Black Riders. They were advancing more quickly then the company was able to flee. Dai glanced down at his side to his sword. He looked back again and the hobbits riding ponies were not quick as needed to be. He slowed his pace as the others rode past him. He neared the end of the group and he held onto the reigns. He took his hand and pulled out his sword. It gleamed from all the polishing that it had received when he had stayed at the end. It was sharp, sharp enough to cut through almost anything. The black riders were advancing. It is time to fight them, is this evil? Who are they? We have barely left Bree behind until these creatures showed up. We can't run, we're slower then they are, and our ponies and steeds will tire soon. If we can't defeat them, how do we expect to defeat the greater evil waiting for us in Moria? He thought as he rode on behind the company holding his sword ready in his hand.

Last edited by aZnLiTTleD : 05-23-2002 at 08:41 PM.
aZnLiTTleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #82
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Lara, with a very noble air, sounded the order to halt, then she turned around, Eäráng beside her. "Who are you, Black Riders?" Lara called out to them. They hissed at them, then drew their swords. Eäráng drew a bow and arrow and shot the lead Rider, and the other riders looked on with hate for the one who killed their leader. Eäráng made another shot before he had to draw his sword and kill another of their number before he was knocked unconcious by the business end of an Orc blade...
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:54 PM   #83
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
DONT POST ANYTHING!!!I want to post next but my time limit is out and I didn't have the chance to come on here and post. SO DONT POST ANYTHING PLEASE!!!
Thanks
Sotshire Managment.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 12:05 AM   #84
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

Huh?
Old 05-24-2002, 08:47 AM   #85
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Is Earang/Falinaur a Teleri or Noldo, perhaps half and half. I suggest not making him a Vanya.
Noldo would make sense though because if a Teleri Fimbren would not know him so well and they wouldn't be so chummy (because of the kinslaying)
I also need to know, Earang didn't follow the revolt did he? He came to ME in the third age not too long before the War of the Ring correct?

Help me out here Earang!
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:41 PM   #86
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Huh?
I was in the middle of my post yesterday and I couldn't finish it SO I deleted it and then told you guys to hold on until I had posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alaird had been riding his sturdy pony Perri in silence while the others rodes ahead and talked about Moria and the like. Suddenly Laredith called out to the company for silence. Alarid riegned in Perri and turned in his saddle. A black figure emerged from the trees followed by a few more. Alaird gasped in shock and terror but there was no time for aything else, talk or thought for from the front of the company a voice called out for them to flee. Alaird kicked Perri into a run as fast as the sturdy little beast could go, but it was no use. The longer legs of the horses left the two hobbits and their ponies lagging behind. Suddenly the one called Dai wheeled his horse round, drew his sword and rode back towards the hobbits. The rest of the company whirled thier horses round and they all drew their weapons. The black horsemen were drawing near but the hobbits were three paces away from the company.
Alaird and Katirina reached Dai and Earang first(the two men had drawn foward to the hobbits defence), turned their horses and Alaird drew his sword which was a normal steel color"It's supposed to be BLUE."Alaird puzzled. But he couldn't do more for the enemy was on them. Earang let an arrow fly where it found target in heart of the nearest rider. The latter tumbled from the saddle and the others hissed. Another arrow flew but then the riders were too close for archery.
Alaird aimed his sword at the front riders right kneecap. Alaird pulled his pony out of the way of the charging horse. As the rider passed he made a thrust and stabbed the riders thigh. The rider cried a terrible cry and turned on the hobbit. Suddenly it's head left it's shoulders due to a well aimed stroke from Earang. Alaird smiled but his relief was short lived.
A company of orcs had been sneaking up on the company form behind and ambushed the company. Alaird saw Earang fall to the sword hilt of an extremly ugly orc. The creature raised the blade for the kill but the sword never met it's target. A cry of "The SHIRRREEE" Ripped it's way out of the young hobbits throat as he flung himself at the brute. The sword met the orcs stomach and sunk to the hilt under the onslaught of the enraged hobbits thrust. Alaird wrenched his sword from the torso of the orc, he wiped it quickly on his breeches and stood above his companion's head. "COME AND TRY TO TAKE HIM!" he cried defiantly. He saw his other companions fighting the orcs and the remainder of the horsemen but his duty was here protecting his prone friend from being killed.
Sam
ps. Ummmm question WHO is the elf that is on the dark side? Is it Earang or Laredith? I dont remeber this in the story.
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 05-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #87
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

OOC: I am one of the Noldor that stayed behind during the Kinslaying and the Revolt of the Noldor. And yes, you are correct, I came during the Third Age to Middle-earth.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #88
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

As he fought on the back of Flik swinging at the black riders as they came, he caught one in the back as he swung his sword back. The black rider fell of his horse as it ran away. The horseman stood back up and took a swing at Dai. Flik reared and his front feet jumped in the air. His gloves slipped off the reigns and he fell backwards and landed hard on his back. Flik in his frustration brought his feet back down and kicked the grounded black rider and ran away from the battle.

I wanted to help them fight, I promised to fight evil to the death, I will not quit now, I will not die now. He thought as he got back on his feet and picked up his sword with him. He charged at the grounded horseman as he was getting back up from the sudden force of Flik’s kick. Through the corner of his eye the horseman saw Dai, he swung up his sword and the sharp metal hit each other. Dai swung back and swiped at the rider as he dodged jumping back. The rider swung at Dai as he crouched down and it sliced the ends off his hair that was still following Dai down. Dai stood up as the rider tried to catch his balance and the metal pierced the armor and sliced through the skin as it went into his body and cut through his back as blood streamed down the tip of the sword gleaming from his back. Dai lost the grip of his sword and fell on the ground. The shine of the sword gleaming in the sun. The body fell on the dirt path and created a sudden cloud of dust. The lifeless body then laid still, he had died, he had been killed.

Again, I’ve killed another. He thought as he picked himself off the ground. Now only the others are left. His sword gleamed as it stuck out of the lifeless body’s back. He turned around to see the others. The riders had come to ambush and the orcs had come to help as promised. I have to kill them all, black riders and orcs alike, they are all evil. They had ambushed us, asking each other and promising to take us by surprise and by both sides. He thought as an orc started to charge at the boy. With his sword in the rider’s body and not enough time to pull it out, he crouched down and revealed a small dagger from his boot. He threw the dagger as it flew through the air and caught the orc in his left eye. A sudden cry of pain came from the orc as he dropped the blade. His sword gleamed in the back of the body. He turned it over with a kick and drew out his sword. The orc knelt on the ground as he pulled out the dagger, dropped it on the ground and held his eye in the horror of his pain. I have to end his pain, I have to end his suffering, pain and suffering are created only by the forces of evil. He thought as he brought up his sword and started walking to the orc.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #89
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katirina thought Oops! Forgot to bring a weapon! so she got out of the way and dropped off her pony. She quickly grabbed an abandoned ork blade and creeped over to the orks. She slashed open their legs and they barely had time to cry before the others hewwed them down. A small wicked smile crossed Katirina's face. This is power, she thought. I like it. Then she proceded to cut off the foot of an enemy horse.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 09:18 PM   #90
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara's horse reared in fright, trampling a dismounted black rider under it's hooves. She steadied her horse and drew her sword from her sheath, hidden beneath the folds of her cloak. Her sword, Morceleb, glinted of steel, wrought cruel and menacing. Raising it agianst the sun she cried, "Rohan!"
With a lunge she brought the head of a rider clear off his soulders. The sword's bite was deep and startling for a mortal sword.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 12:01 AM   #91
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng woke up just in time to dodge a horse falling to the ground... His horse. "What?!? No, it can't be! It just can't!" He fretted over his horse for no longer than was necessary, for he hewed an Orc down to size, and then taking an arrow, he thrust it into another. Then, he saw the most massive Orc that they had ever seen. It had dark, braided hair, and it had war paint, as if going into battle. Eäráng thought that he was one of the Black Riders that had taken his garments off.

Here it was, the final showdown. Everyone, Orc, Hobbit, Elf, or Human, was gazing upon them, whether it was going to be victory for one side... or the other....
Old 05-25-2002, 08:58 AM   #92
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal heard the orcs approach and turned her horse. Maew gasped as the beheld the Black Riders. One of the others, Kal wasn't sure which one, asked them who they were. Doesn't she know? Kal thought. Isn't it obvious? Everyone drew blade or bow at once. She knew this wasn't going to be pretty. She drew her crossbow and several small axes from her quiver. SHe aimed and fired the first one, hitting one of the larger orcs in the temple. He fell to the ground. She continued firing until she was out of axes. Then she turned her crossbow on its side and retrieved from her quiver several long arrows.

They flew. Orcs fell. In the gore of battle, Kal did not notice that Maew no longer sat on the horse behind her.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:30 AM   #93
Laredith
Enting

Laredith was only armed with a sword, so she had to get into the battle to kill the orcs. Left and right she dodged not only to avoid the orkish blades and arrows, but also to avoid the arrows of her friends...not that she distrusted them at this point, but in a battle you can never be sure. Everyone is moving way too much. All of a sudden, an orkish blade pierced her skin. It went deep within her left arm(Laredith was right-handed). Laredith did her best to keep from screaming. Thankfully, her best was just enough. She continued to kill more orcs without complaint, despite the fact that she had difficulties moving her arm.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 02:59 PM   #94
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Suddenly the sound of hooves was heard and Fimbren rode back from up ahead where he had goner to scout. But it was a shining white fgigure with a flaming sword that smashed the front ranks of the orcs. A Noldo Lord in his fury is a frightening spectacle. Even the riders shrank back from him. "MORNIE ALANTIE" he roared (darkness has fallen). He was in such a battle fury that even his own companions kept away. Orc head after orc head went flying and several riders went stumbling down.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:29 PM   #95
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew vaulted silently off Kal's horse, he knew he would do better on the ground. Favoring the orcs to the mounted horsemen, he waited until Kal drew level with their main body to jump. Landing in a crouch a few feet before a leader of some type, he immediately rolled to one side, the orc's blade burying itself in the soil where he had been. He whiped out his sword as he rose, sizing up the orc host as he did so. Not more than a score, he thought before plunging into their midst. He was Dunadain, and had been battleing orcs all his adult life. He knew not, afterwards, the occurances in battles, they blended themselves together, individual sword strokes lost in the melee, and this one was no different. Through the clanging maelstrom, and the blur of his own sword ringing about him, he caught glimpses of the others' battles, but they were lost from him, born away by his own rushing blood. His blood calmed only when he met one of the hobbits amidst a field of mangled orc. Katirina leaned heavily on her orcish blade, but she grinned at him, breatheing heavily. He smiled, wipeing his own blade on a nearby orc, a trickle of blood found it's way down his temple, the battle had departed from his eyes and that side of the road, elsewhere, the orcs and horsemen were slain or put to flight, 'Well, maethor*, how was your first taste of battle?'

Her grin widened for a moment, but she did not speak, instead she inclined her head and gestured behind him with her blade, her smile faltered a little. Maew turned. Amid the settleing dust Earang faced off with a huge orc cheiftan. Silently, hobbit and man crossed through their dead enemies to where their friends were gathered.

*Maethor = warrior (Sindarin)

Last edited by Menelvagor : 05-25-2002 at 03:31 PM.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 03:43 PM   #96
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Even after the battle ended, Fimbren's blood was boiling, he saw Earang facing off against a huge orc. He screamed "For Eru and king Finarfin" he charged the orc and it turned and blocked his sword but Earang stabbed it from behind. It fell with a thud.

The battle was over.
Old 05-25-2002, 04:54 PM   #97
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

In the growing dusk they company silently took stock of the battle. It is a funny thing with fighting, it seems to eat up time, Maew felt he had not been fighting ten minutes, yet the whole of the afternoon had been eaten away. I was obvious that they could not go on further that night. 'Right, we'll camp down the road a bit, away from all this mess.' Lara said. No one questioned her authority, though it was clear on her face that she was concerned. Earang's horse and one of the hobbit ponies had been slain, and much of their supplies were scattered in the fray. Just about everyone had been wounded in some way, though Laredith was the worst hurt, with her lamed arm. Maew and Katirina stayed behind to collect as much of the belongings that had been lost as they could find, while the others departed to make up the camp and tend to ther wounds. Katirina walked to where her pony lay, it had been struck in the flank by an orcish arrow and had bled to death through the course of the afternoon. She sighed, Maew walked over to her, 'I don't understand death,' she told him, 'Today, I wanted those orcs to die, but more than that, I wanted to be the one to kill them.' Maew was begining to like the hobbit-lass, not the least because of her part in the battle, but all he could find to say was, 'I don't understand it either.' And then he found himself turning away, 'Come, we must gather this up, then rest, you will ride with someone tomorrow.' Kat nodded. 'Be wary,' he added, 'some orcs use poison arrows and blades, do not cut yourself.'

They pulled the saddle bags off of the pony and Earang's horse, and scoured the ground among the bodies for any gear that didn't appear orcish or evil, picking up two more bags, one of which proved to be Dai's, having fallen off when Flik reared. On the way to the campsite, Katirina told Maew of her first expirience in the battle, he nodding when he recalled parts of the tale from his blood-misted memory. The camp was made on the leeward side of a small hill, and water was heating over a conceiled fire. Earang was tending to Laredith's arm, an arrangement neither of them seemed to appriciate, while the rest of the company tended to each other near by. Maew and Katirina set down their own things and put Earang's saddle-bags near him, recieveing a grunt in response as he held a needle in his teeth, preparing to stich closed the wound. Katirina returned Dai's bag, and Maew went to talk with Lara.

'I believe this changes our plans a bit,' he began, 'We are short two horses, and it appears your errend has not gone unnoticed. Have you an idea who the riders were?' Lara replied noncommitally, 'I shall look at the field in daylight, we shall have to decide what to do.' Maew nodded, seeing that she would not be pressed, then, indicating the unclaimed bag, 'Know you who this belongs to? I found it on the road, I do not recognize it.' Lara said, 'Leave it with me for now, someone will claim it before the night is through. You should get that cut cleaned, friend.' Maew had almost forgotten the slash he had recieved, he touched his head just above his right temple, feeling blood. He nodded towards Lara and went to the fire to clean the wound.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 09:19 PM   #98
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

At the end of the battle, the road was red. His sword dripped with blood. I'll need to polish it again. He thought as he found Flik standing nearby. He walked over to a head and pulled a dagger from its eye socket. The company moved further on to make camp as Katirina and Maew stayed back to collect any lost belongings.

At camp they were healing their wounds. Dai had not received any major injuries except for a few scratches and bruises. It was luck this time. He thought as he polished his sword. Next time, I might not be so lucky...we haven't left Bree so long and we were already attacked. Moria...that is a long way...we'll be attacked even more...I might be injured or die then.

Then Katirina and Maew returned. He looked up and placed his sword down on a rock beside him. Everyone fought today...each one helped...but are any of them trying to hide their true evil? Was that ambush planned to persuade us to believe in one another? He thought as he looked down on the ground and two feet appeared. He looked up and it was the hobbit lass holding his bag. "Thank you," he said as he gladly took his bag wondering if anyone hand wandered through it. "I saw that your pony was struck and killed today...Flik here..." He said as he pointed over to a tree where Flik had been tied to. "He's strong, I am not that large and I think he'll be able to carry both of us if you'd like. We leave again when dawn comes...it's better to leave soon to cover more ground and if we both ride Flik, he'll be able to carry both of us as quick as the others."
Old 05-25-2002, 09:40 PM   #99
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara herself had not been hurt as some of the others, but her pride and confidence was. She should have looked out for ambushs. It was her fault that some had been wounded and horses had been killed. But she also knew there was no mourning over past mistakes, she would just look out for them in the future and find out how to prepare for tommorow.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:45 PM   #100
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Alaird saw Earangs horse fall towards the prone man and tried to wake him up but there was no need Earang woke just as the horse fell at his feet. Alaird saw the dismay and shock on Earangs face but saw behind it rage that boiled with a determination to kill the orc that had done that to his horse. Alaird was no longer needed. He saw the others attacking orcs and slaying them. He looked down at Sting which was glittering a feirce blue. He sighed and leapt into the fray. He saw Katirinas pony go down with an arrow in it's leg. He wept to do this to such a staunch and faithful pony but with a wounded leg it would be best if put out of it's misery. Alaird wept as he killed the animal and then he turned on the orcs. He tried to see Katirina but she was nowhere in sight.
The battle was soon over with all the orcs and black riders dead, but something wasn't right. Alaird stood in the middle of the battle field trying to peice it together. Suddenly it came back to him as he saw Dai with his sword in the arm he used to kill. It struck him as the story about the Witch King of Angmar that his cousin Merry would tell him. "Wait!" He called out but the others ignored him and continued. Alaird found Perri and walked behind the others feeling lonely, weary, and frightened at his first sight of blood. His breeches were dark with blood and his waistcoat was torn. He would take care of it when they camped as no one bothered with him and as no one would.
They stopped and made camp and Alaird walked over to a small glade that was a tad further off from the camp. Above him the stars shone and reminded him of home. He now realized what it meant to travel. To be lonely and exiled, tired with battle. The young hobbit threw himself to the ground with a sob half from homesickness and half from weariness and fell into an exhausted slumber. No one noticed he wasn't around the fire and as far as the hobbit knew no one cared.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...