Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2003, 08:14 AM   #61
Fingolfinrox
Sapling

I liked the elves at Helms Deep to.

My favorite scene has to be Gollum's split personality. Its just so realistic and is far more involving than Jar Jar Binks.

"To pursue the unattainable is insanity, yet the thoughtless can never refrain from doing so." - To Himself, by Marcus Aurelius.
Fingolfinrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:01 PM   #62
Pippin's_mushrooms
Sapling

one of my favorite scenes is when Shadowfax comes cantering (I think cantering. Or is he trotting?) up. Another one is when the elves march to helms deep. Another one is when Pippin's on the "tree" and then you see Treebeards eye. There's tons more of fav scenes I have but I can't name them all.
Pippin's_mushrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 01:37 AM   #63
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

The best part was Moria in general. But to be more specific, right after Gimli says "No one tosses a dwarf!" He jumps and I think it's Legolas who grabs his beard so he doesn't fall backwards into the black abbyss below him and slowly die, and Gimli's response is "NOT THE BEARD!" Ahhh...

That and one other, also in Moria. When Gandalf raises his staff to the balrog and "You CANNOT PASS!" That wasn't even as great as it could have been, but that's such an amazing part it doesn't even matter.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #64
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Pippin's_mushrooms
one of my favorite scenes is when Shadowfax comes cantering (I think cantering. Or is he trotting?) up
Yes, Shadowfax is cantering and as he gets closer he starts to trot. And I agree, isn't he beautiful?

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #65
Pippin's_mushrooms
Sapling

he's REALLY beatiful!!! i luv Shadowfax!!!

Last edited by Pippin's_mushrooms : 04-21-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Pippin's_mushrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:55 PM   #66
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

My favorite part has to be when the Ents march to Isenguard and Treebeard says,"It is likely that we march to our doom. The last march of the Ents."

I always get soooo many goosebumps there, and the music's awesome too!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #67
ladyarwen
Sapling

Here are my top favorite scences:
1) When Aragorn falls off the cliff and when he wakes up and rides back to Helms Deep. (when he opens the door to the room that Theoden is in...and he tells them about saruman's army)
2) Legolas and Gimli counting how many they've killed at Helms Deep. But all of Helms Deep was just awesome!!!
3) I really liked when the Ents destroy Isengard
4) When Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas (The 3 Hunters) get surrounded by the Riders of Rohan
5) And I gotta say when Legolas swings up on his horse.
ladyarwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:35 PM   #68
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Lollypopgurl
My favorite part has to be when the Ents march to Isenguard and Treebeard says,"It is likely that we march to our doom. The last march of the Ents."

I always get soooo many goosebumps there, and the music's awesome too!
I haven't seen TT yet, but I would imagine. That was one of the best parts of the book, and the best song. My brother's band is going to add music to it sometime.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:47 PM   #69
ladyarwen
Sapling

oops!

Oops! How could I forget one of the best scenes? I forgot to say at Helm's Deep when you see Gandalf on the hill and he rides down on a white horse with all the dark horses behind him, charging Saruman's army. It's really neat how he has dark riders behind him and he's all white. I thought that part was awesome.
ladyarwen is offline   Reply With Quote