Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #61
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

OK. works for me. We could just wait for you. Or travel to the Shire. Maybe that messenger could stay with us, showing us around? No... That wouldn't work. Any ideas, anyone??
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #62
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

We could head to the Shire and try to find a non-human to bring a message into it. Maybe a hobbit from Buckland?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #63
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Do you think we'll be allowed in Buckland? That's not OFFICIALLY part of the Shire. Should we just avoid it anyways? What do we do?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 02-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #64
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I think we will be. Like you said, it's not REALLY part of the Shire.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 02-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #65
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I don't have my book with me, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it says in the Appendix that Aragorn met with the "Travellers" (Merry, Pippin and Sam, as I think Frodo was gone by then) by that lake to the north of the Shire, by Fornost. I think it's called Evendim or Nenuial, depending on the language. It probably wouldn't be the most convinient place to meet hobbits, since we are to the east right now, but we should remember it as a possibility, especially if we travel all around the Shire to find the "bad guys".

Old 02-24-2004, 07:41 PM   #66
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Why do we have to go AROUND the Shire to get to the bad guys?
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 PM   #67
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I just meant that we'd be travelling all over the place. I sort of doubt that they'd all be convinently located right in our path, near the Brandywine Bridge or something. And if they were, it woundn't make much of a story, now would it? I also sort of imagined that a lot of them headed north after the first scouring of the Shire. Not sure why, it's just a feeling I have. Could be because in the Silmarillion most of the bad guys lived in the north.

Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 PM   #68
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, well in LotR all the bad guys are in the Southeast. And then there are the Uruk-Hai, which are from Isengaurd, but they're just special. But whatever. You and Sici decide. I can't, and you made this thread, so all the responsibility goes to you. mwahaha!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #69
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Even if we do go to Evendim/Nenuial it won't be for a while anyways, I just brought it up as a possibility for later, another possible place to meet hobbits.

We should think of something to do soon, it's moving to slow now. Should we get attacked, just to spice things up a bit? Or maybe we find something, a clue to where the "bad guys" are? Or at least meet a hobbit or someone who can bring a message to the Shire for us.

Old 02-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #70
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Ok. I'm making us meet a hobbit. Cause I dont know how to write us being attacked and I can't think of a clue for the where the bad guys are. Unless the hobbit knows anything. I'll just have us meet him. Someone else continue it.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #71
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Will someone else give Mr. Brandybuck a first name, or does he not trust us enough to tell it? I can't decide what to call him.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:07 PM   #72
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Ok. His first name is Madoc. It's my hobbit-lad first name from Barrow-Downs.

btw, Lal, I saw it was your birthday today. Happy Birthday!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-03-2004, 12:55 PM   #73
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Thanks

Back!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #74
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Welcome back, Lalaith!! Nice to see you again. (Not literally, of course. How would you say that? Nice to see that you're back? OK, don't mind me...)
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-04-2004, 11:04 PM   #75
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Yeah, welcome back!!

So, now that we have everyone together again, (except Madoc, who we just made up anyways) what should we do?

Old 03-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #76
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I don't know.
What sort of direction we're you wanting to go with this?
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #77
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I just thought we'd let it drift along and see what happens, but there were two things I definetly thought should happen, to help save the Shire:

1. Warn the hobbits...we've already started that.
2. Eventually have some sort of confrontation with the evil Men.

I also thought we might send people to other parts of Middle-earth to bring in outside help, maybe we could use that as an excuse the next time that someone is away for a while and can't post.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #78
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I am a bad decision-maker. Someone else decide. Where are we going? And what are we doing? Ethy, Sici, Lal? Anyone?
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-16-2004, 06:37 PM   #79
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I'm bad at making decisions as well, so don't look at me to choose. I'll go along with whatever.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #80
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

OK, Sici posted about us going to the Black Forest, and forgive my stupidity, but I'm having a mental block. What is the Black Forest?
-Two Towers extended DVD