Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2002, 11:25 PM   #61
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal had said little during the meeting. When she followed them out of the tavern, she immediately knew where they were going. Groaning, she kept walking. This was one area where her Elf and Dwarf blood fought. While she was a superb rider, she hated horses. However, she knew that on horseback was the only quick was to get to Moria.
She had grimly smiled when Fimbren had recognized her. immediately she recognized the false friendliness in his voice. Indeed it had been long since they had seen each other. And rightly so , she thought. I've been avoiding him for seven years after what he pulled on me. But now the others didn't seem to trust her much either. As she mounted her horse, whom she had named Linsul, she thought to herself that she must prove her loyalty to this group.

She leaned over and offered Maew an arm. He leapt behind her onto Linsul and they followed the rest of the group at a slow trot.

"So, Maew," She said. "WHy has it been so long since I've seen you?"

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 08:20 AM   #62
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Fimbren jumped onto Nahar's bare back and trotted over to Kal.
"Kalnarnan," he said "why have you been avoiding me?"

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-17-2002 at 01:56 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:34 PM   #63
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal swore to herself. WHy hadn't she remembered that Fimbren could almost pass for telepathic?

She gave Fim a sweet smile. "As if you didn't know. After what you did? I would never have come back here if I had known you would be here."

FIm looked comfused. "What is it I have done?"

"As if you didn't remember. You turned me in! YOu betrayed your own kind! And I thought I could trust you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we were hiding in the woods to avoid the Riders of Rohan after we had accidentally killed one in self defense. You jumped right out from behind those trees and started talking to them as if they were your best friends. You told them that I killed Garinald. Only because of my elvish blood was I able to outrun those horses. ANd you. I couldn't tell you how much I hated you after that."

They heard a loud snore and both realized that Maew had fallen asleep on the horse. They both knew Maew rarely slept. Apparently they must have bored him a great deal.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-17-2002, 01:16 PM   #64
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng looked at the nervous and puzzled Dai and said to him, "Don't worry, hobbit. I shall not lead you to any danger. Like you, I am a follower, not a leader. Lara is who I follow. No one else." Dai looked at him strangely. Why is he saying this? Does he want me to trust him, just to pull me into a trap? Dai pondered this as the others came to the gate.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #65
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew woke to the pounding hooves that had ghosted through his dreams. By the sun he had slept about four hours, he groaned. He rarely felt the need for sleep, four or five hours was suficient for him in most cercumstances, more than that left him feeling oddly sick. Last night he had sat long in the darkness, watching the waxing of the moon; he was no longer plagued by doubt of Falinaur's intentions, or the intention of their quest, but something still held him back. A whisp of a thought floated in the back of his mind, warning him not to trust yet. Something was not quite right.

'Kal,' he said, to rid himself of sleepborn nuances, 'How goes it? It has been long since I saw you last.'
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:52 PM   #66
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren laughed at Maew's drowsiness, "Wake up friend" he smiled. Then he grew serious.
"Firstly Kal," he said, "please remember I am your elder by thousands of years so you MUST respect me!!!!!!" calming down he continued, "And secondly, I did know those riders and I was just going to explain to their leader, Fengil, what had happened. I was not betraying you. They pursued only because you ran before I had a chance to explain."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-17-2002 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:56 PM   #67
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: of the two names Eäráng and Falinaur, which is Quenya and which is Sindarin since Fimbren would use the Quenyan name.
By the way I should also mention I'll be away until next Thursday so you can write for me (I'm ancient and wise, I've got a temper, i'm not Feanor so not too fiery of a temper, also I have a little bit of an Ego. My horse's name is Nahar.)
Don't do too much without me please

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-17-2002 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:22 PM   #68
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

OOC: The name Eäráng is the Quenyan name, while Falinaur is the Sindarin name. And don't worry. We'll do good with you. You can count on me!
Old 05-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #69
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

OOC: I'm a human. A 16 year old who looks years younger. Read my description in the other thread.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:35 AM   #70
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew realized that he had woken to the conversation that he had dropped off to, and it must have been going on the entire while he slept; he remembered the begining of it, and his dreams had vaguely followed the storyline, first running with Kalnarnen, then standing with Fimbren as he tried to explain to the Rohirrim, and now he felt he had almost been there. He would not speak of it, however, and was content to wait and watch Kal's reaction to this latest relevation.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:57 PM   #71
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird woke to the sounds of voices in the courtyard. He blinked at the sunlight that was poring through the round first floor window. He blinked and yawned, it seemed to be about six in the morning which was a time he did not favor for a wake up call but if he wated to go with the company he had to get up. He hastily pulled on his much faded yellow wasitcoat, his scarf came on and was tied in a knot around his neck then he pulled over his shoulders a patched up cloak which at one time must have been green. He picked up his pack, grabbed his walking stick and opened the door to the passage way.....
I need to go so continue, I will be back.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 12:10 PM   #72
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal laughed at Fimbren. "Ha! Respect you! I'll respect you when you've earned it. And don't lie to me, Fimbren. I may be half dwarf, but I have the ears of an Elf. I heard you. And I remember it like it was yesterday. 'My friend Fengil,' you said. 'I believe I have found what you were looking for. There is a Perenaug hiding in the trees and just a few hours ago I witnessed her kill one of your comrades. If you are quiet you may be able to ambush her.' You call that explaining?"

Fimbren's temper was returning. "I said no such thing. Perhaps you have the ears of a dwarf after all." he muttered under his breath.

Kal whispered to her horse and the animal went into a trot, leaving Fimbren behind. She didn't want to finish this conversation.
"Yes, Maew. It has indeed been long. Where have you been?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-20-2002, 07:15 PM   #73
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew hid any slight amusement he might have had at the exchange, complying readily enough with the change of subject. 'Oh, here and there. I stayed for a time at the Northern court when Aragorn was visiting, but I prefer the wilds. I hope they do not all vanish with the coming of the King!'

Kal laughed, 'A ranger to the end.' Maew matched her smile, 'indeed, but I plan on making a trip to Erebor after this little escapade. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. Now what of you, friend? Do I not guess rightly that you have had many adventures on your ride north?'
Old 05-20-2002, 08:46 PM   #74
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng rode up in front of the group of riders and said, "Enough of this petty talk! Now is the time to ride to Moria! Is everyone here?" Lara rode up with him and said, "Yes, good Elf, we are." Eäráng then cried, "Now, to Moria and the East!" There came a cry from the riders, "Moria and the East!" and they took off down the road, from the gate where it began...
Old 05-20-2002, 11:05 PM   #75
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

The company rode off to Moria as they cried in unison. Dai had not cried the phrase as they rode off. Instead, he wondered and thought. Moria...so...our quest leads us to Moria. But for what? Why? Why does the quest need all of our help? An army ready to attack, the need of help from others, a quest to Moria. Is there an attack planned? But on what? This was carefully planned, its an offensive, we're going to fight evil. But what evil? Could any be spies? Earang...Fimbren...they strike me as the most mysterious. I'll have to keep my guard. They rode down the dirt path as Dai's cloak fluttered in the wind and dust clouds built up behind them.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #76
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katirina was thrilled to be back with the wind in her hair. Where is it we are going? she asked herself. Moria? Sounds like a grand place. She smiled a little wider and urged her steed forward.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 01:57 PM   #77
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"Yes, many." said Kal. "However, danger, I have found, is overrated. It is simply a game played by enemies to induce fear. For the past few years I have lived in Bree and kept quiet. So you head to Erebor. Perhaps, if Chance allows it, I may accompany you."

Just then she heard the mention of Moria. She had been there a few years before. It was nothing too surprising. Dark, dreary, filled with orcs. The tricky part was getting past the Watcher and into the caves. There , she thought. That's my dwarvish side talking. Her Elvish half dreaded the thought of the caves.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-22-2002, 06:54 PM   #78
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng rode in the back, not talking, musing over the crowd of riders that were going along the road. Is this the group that was supposed to dethrone the Orc lord? This is quite a different group than I thought it was going to be. Will they be able to get out of Moria alive? This is what he was thinking about the whole ride to Moria.

Laredith came up alongside him and sneered, saying, "Why did Lara decide to take you along, huh? You servant of the Dark Lord! You'll be the death of us all!" Laredith rode out in front of him. What is her problem? She hates me, sure, but why does she say it aloud? Eäráng thought. It was going to be a long journey.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #79
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"LAREDITH!!!!! "
A voice roared behind her.
She tensed at the sound and thinking it was Falinaur turned angrily.
To her suprise Fimbren was riding up behing her, obviously very angry.
He was a great elf lord and very frightening when angry, Laredith shrunk back.
"Listen to me!" he shouted. "Nearly no elf, and certainly no elf of Valinor has ever served the dark Lord willingly! Is my word not enough for you to trust Earang?!?!?! He is far older than you can imagine as am I!!! Beware your cocky tongue youngster, It will get you in trouble!!!!!"

Earang came up and put his hand on Fimbren's arm. "Calm down" he said and Fimbren's body relaxed and his face calmed. Yes you're right. He turned to apologize to Laredith but she had already ridden to the front of the group. Fimbren almost pursued but decided to stay back. Instead he went to find Lara and ask what exactly they were doing.

OOC: Is Earang/Falinaur a Teleri or Noldo, perhaps half and half. I suggest not making him a Vanya.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-24-2002 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:52 PM   #80
Laredith
Enting

Laredith sighed. Perhaps he was right. Actually, he probably was right. Oh well, apparently name calling wasn't allowed. Suddenly, Laredith heard some kind of...noise. The clopping of the horse's hoofs made it impossible to hear. "Quiet!" Laredith hissed. They all stopped. The noise sounded like it came from behind them. She turned around and saw black riders approaching them.

"Wait a minute! I thought the ringwraiths were destroyed!" Laredith thought aloud.

"They were. I don't think that's them. However, they look dangerous, so I think we had better make a break for it!" Fimbren exclaimed. They made the horses go faster...
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote