Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2002, 12:31 AM   #41
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I need to get my bearings hold on:

Lara played by Handmaiden~Human, in charge of this thingymabob
Dai played by Az~Human, looks like a kid.
Katirina played by Katt~Hobbit lass.
Maew Play by Menel~Ranger.
Falinaur played by Earang~An Elf who faught with Lara in the last battle.
Laredith played by Laredith~An elf in the service of the King.
Alaird~Hobbit Lad from Tookland who decides to move his rump now.
Kalnarnan played by Nariel~Ummmm dunno.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alaird stared at the group now gathered round the table. He had listened intently to the conversation ever since the one called Meaw had said something aobut Fairness and foulness. He stared without realizing until Rob came up behind him with some more ale" 'ere Ye go master." Alaird nodded his thanks and gazed up over his tankard to the group. "Come on Al you sluggard. You wanted to take up with someone now DO IT. What should I do? I could try the song..." suddenly a voice from the other table picked up voice...
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:56 PM   #42
Laredith
Enting

ooc: No! I'm not an elf! I'm just a regular human. A little more than a mercenary, really...(one who is, as someone put it, "overzelous". Nice description!). Now back to the story.

Laredith was becoming more and more agitated at being left out of the conversation. She was finally beginning to see things the way the others were (ie, that Falinaur was not an evil elf). She had waited long enough to speak. Finally, she couldn't contain it anymore.

"Alright. If you have any need of my services, I would gladly give them," Laredith told them. The others thought long and hard about it. After all, Laredith did have a reputation for her "faliure streak".
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #43
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: I like being a hobbit "lass"

Katirina- "So, where are we going, when are we leaving, and what are we doing when we get there?"

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:51 PM   #44
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara smiled at the hobbit, "All will be revealed in good time,"

She than turned her gaze to the young man who had approached the table, Dai was his name. He looked no more than fourteen or so, but there was a gleam in his eye that made him seem beyond his years if you looked into them. He looked strong, but she sensed a deep seriousness in him. He did not look the type to smile often.

Lara gave the boy an understanding shrug, remembering what it was to be young and underestimated, "Dai, you have what seems a bravery not found often in those of your age. If you are ready to travel to the farthest reachs of who knows where and meet who knows what without turning tail and running, but still have just fear in your heart, you may come, for being brave is not the absence of fear, but of selfishness. That goes for all who dare upon this road,"
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:26 PM   #45
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird edged toward the table and cleared his throat. Everyone looked up at him. He suddenly felt foolish and suddenly aware of what he was doing "I was wonderin' if you needed an extra hand on this thing. I've been watchin you all for a bit an' an' well I've been lookin' for an adventure...an well..." Here the young Took took a breath "My grandfather was Peregrin Took of Gondor. 'e's a knight an' all, and my other grandfather 'E was Samwise Gamgee the Ringbearers servant. Do ye need an' extra person in this expadition an all? I was lookin' for someone who felt foul I mean LOOKED foul an' felt fair. An' I umm noticed you all looked ummmm...umm..umm"
"Look far from satisfactory companions on a journey?" Asked Maew. "Um yeah" Replied the now highly embarressed young hobbit.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #46
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Just then an elf of noble bearing came over from across the room. He had long golden hair and was dressed in green and silver.
"The young hobbit" smiled the elf "is exactly what you need." The company gaped at him.
"I am Fimbren and I have been told that you need companions. I feel that I can help. You see I was born in Valinor to a Noldorin father and half Telerin, half Vanyan mother. I have fought in all the wars since the revolt of the Noldor when I followed my friend Finrod Felagund son of Finarfin son of Finwe to middle Earth. And I am a healer. Will you have me?"

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-15-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:33 AM   #47
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Then Fimbren looked over the group.
Suddenly he stopped. "Kalnarnen!" he gasped. "This is very suprising. I haven't seen you in many years. And I've been travelling a lot. " The he saw Falinaur and laughed. "A merry band of fools we'll be. Hello Falinaur. Haven't seen you since you were a boy in Valinor. Did you follow the revolt or stay in Valinor with Finarfin?" He began to laugh. "I certainly hope you'll have me" he smiled kindly at them. "Won't you take this elf's services?"
Old 05-15-2002, 01:23 PM   #48
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng looked at Fimbren and exclaimed, "Oh my Eru! It is you isn't it?" They both first shook hands, then turned into a hug. Fimbren said, "These people are very lucky to have you around. With you, they will know the way. And who might these good people be?"

Eäráng introduced everyone to Fimbren. "This is Maew, a Ranger of these parts. This is Lara, a soldier of Gondor. This is Laredith," with this Laredith looked shocked, "a mesenger of the King. These Halflings are Katirina and Dai, and Alaird, over there. This crew will set out for Moria, as soon as everyone's ready."

Then Eäráng and Fimbren talked and talked and talked, like there was no tomorrow.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:36 PM   #49
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finally, Fimbren smiled, "so, youstill haven't answered my question. Can I come with you friends?"
They looked at eachother and Kalnarnan had an uneasy look on her face. But finally Lara answered...
Old 05-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #50
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"You may come and so may you Alaird," Lara answered with a smile, "We can never have too many elves along. I never thought gathering companions for a journey such as this could be so easy. Well We might as well call it a night, for it seems that we have our company. We shall leave at morn's first light"
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:12 PM   #51
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew spoke as Lara rose. 'There is still the practical matter of travel to settle. How shall we travel, do we have horses or do we walk? Are we in any great haste?'
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:07 PM   #52
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"Yes Maew, we are in great haste. I fear my battlion is very near the mines from Rohan and I had promised to be there when they arrived. My commander is well, very strict with such orders. We go by horse, or pony if you prefer," She said indicating to the hobbits, "Now I suggest we all get a good night's rest for I shall be up before dawn banging upon doors to awaken you all."

And with that Lara left her companions for the quiet solitary stillness of her room. And just as she promised when morning came, she was about getting her fellow travelers ready for the long quest ahead.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:51 AM   #53
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

A knock came to his door. He awoke on his desk, falling asleep while thinking during the night. He got up and picked up his sword. He walked over to the door with his boots stomping on the loud wooden boards. He stopped at the door and yawned as he stretched his arms out. He could hear footsteps moving in other rooms and knew that it was time. The quest had begun, his fate was being decided.

He opened the door to see Lara. “We leave soon, get ready and I will call the others.,” explained Lara as she walked away down the hall to the others rooms.

He looked back into the room, then down at his sword hanging from his waist. I’m ready. He thought. But where are we going? I have not heard of where we were to journey to yet. Lara is in a hurry, there is a battle that will commence. Why will we be needed if they have gathered a battalion? And where and why have they gathered the battalion? And the others that have joined, the elf seems to know the dark one well. Could they be bringing us to our deaths? Or will they be on our side. No matter what, the others that have joined the company will fight them back. And I will not let my fear take over myself. I will die for the cause if we are to fight against evil. Fear is a stupid emotion. He walked outside and saw Flik, a couple of hobbits were readying the horses as the company was to leave soon. He walked over to Flik and stroke his mane.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:19 AM   #54
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was already in the stable when Lara went to get her horse. He was speaking to Nahar softly. "We are leaving shortly" said Lara. "I am ready my young friend" smiled Fimbren.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:51 AM   #55
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren walked over to Dai.
"My friend, Dai is your name I believe," Dai nodded, suprised. "Listen", said Fimbren, "I don't think Lara would betray us so fear not and Falinaur is a good elf. It is Kalnarnan I am worried about, keep your eyes on her, she is a strange one."
Old 05-16-2002, 01:21 PM   #56
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katirina rode up on a pony outside the inn.
"The dawn called me," she said. "I am ready."

Old 05-16-2002, 02:03 PM   #57
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Katirina" called Fimbren. "How was the nights sleep? Rfreshing I hope. Are you ready then?"
Old 05-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #58
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

"The night was peacefull. Nothing disturbed me where I lay. Will we have such nights on our journy, or is this the last before our quests end?" Katirina sighed. She knew the answer.

Old 05-16-2002, 08:20 PM   #59
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng was speaking softly to his horse, "Don't worry, we'll be getting out of here soon." Lara came to him and said, "It's getting light now. We shall be leaving soon." Eäráng said to her, "I know. Caerdhras and I are ready." Eäráng went on for the gate of Bree, waiting for his friends at the same gate that one party of five went through many years ago...
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:17 PM   #60
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

Dai nodded to Fimbren with a smile as he rode on towards the gates of Bree. He kicked the side of Flik to hasten his steed's speed. He rode up next to Earang and nodded to Earang as he rode quicker in front of Earang. Fimbren...why should I believe you? I do not think Lara is to lead us into danger, but with you and Earang now together. Why? What do you plan to do? Trap us? Or be on our side? And where are we going? He thought as he rode closer to the gate. He finally arrived at the gate and pulled the reigns to stop and turn Flik around. He saw the others riding up from the inn coming closer. Who can I trust?