Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2002, 11:11 AM   #21
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Midgardsormen
... But Galadriel saying that Frodo will not survive....is that to keep the unsuspecting in suspense??..,
All I can say to that is Frodo Lives!

BTW, welcome to the moot and hopefully I can see it later if they show it on my side of the planet. I'm going to sour grape for a while and say "at least I can be a little more patient than the rest of these unlucky orcses about December.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 11:15 AM   #22
Pailan
Elven Warrior

I had to wait until 8:30 PM to see it. Well actually, more like 11:30 waiting for the movie to end. Only one showing per day. The theater was packed hardly an empty seat to be found. My friends bagged me so I went alone.

When Treebeard's eye opened The whole place gasped! YES! PJ got that bit right. The White Rider, Eowyn, Faramir, Theoden Wormtongue and Gollum! AWESOME! If I can I will go again tonight.

Concerning King Theoden I qoute sir BP:

Quote:
He recites a poem as he is being armoured by his squire, it is chilling.
Besides seeing Treebeard this was the most impressive moment. I'm digging through TTT to find it. Yes Bropous, it was very chilling. I wanted to hear it all!

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 11:21 AM   #23
Pailan
Elven Warrior

BTW, I loved how seemlessly the preview was inserted into the last reel. No credits to wade through; folk clapped and cheered when the words "Coming this Christmas" appeared on the screen.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 12:06 PM   #24
Darth Tater
The man

OH MY FACKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Theoden rocks! Eowyn, mmmmmmmm!!! Faramir! Eomer! GANDALF THE FREAKING WHITE! He's like Gandalf and what Saruman would be like if he was good and something different entirely! Gollum!!!!!!!!!!! Precioussssssssssss!!!!! HELM'S DEEP!!!!!!!! Oh, and of course FANGORNFANGORNFANGRONFANGORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peter Jackson you are a cruel cruel man, I need Two Towers now!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:10 PM   #25
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Im going Thurs.

Me and Strawberry went to see Crossroads today and we were hoping for a trailer for FotR. She was getting really cross when it didn't show. What's she going to be like with the real thing on Thurs???
Help!

P.S. Is Faramir really as cute as on the website??? I liked Sean Bean but his YOUNGER BROTHER... mmmm

IWANNASEEITIWANNASEEITIWANNASEEITIWANNASEEITIWANNA SEEIT!

I shall go mad!
Old 03-30-2002, 03:15 PM   #26
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I KNOW! I CANT BELEIVE THEY DIDNT SHOW IT!

AND THEYVE TAKEN DOWN THE LORD OF THE RINGS SECTION IN WHSMITH'S!!!

HOW DARE THEY!!!

HOOOOOOWWWWWWW DDDDAAAARRRRRREEEEE TTTTHHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYY.

*Strawberry ice cream steams at the ears and is now a lovely tomato hue*

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #27
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Sssshhh, shhhhhh.

You see what I mean. She's terrible. And even worse when she lost the poster.

MAJOR DISASTER.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:06 PM   #28
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Oh dear... do you realise I actually forgot yesterday this was coming out I was so busy?
And what with one thing and another I won't have the chance to see it for another few days

However, a friend went to see Fotr (minus trailer, but she'll never know the other day at the big Odean at Leicester Square in the evening. Apparently it's still playing to packed houses. So that's why it's still generating income over here!

Which is cool, because from what I've gathered (never been there, far too expensive even by London's standards - £10 a ticket ffs!) it's quite a good cinema (should be - it's where all the premieres are held!).

Which is a long winded way of saying that when I do go to see it again soon, it'll be to a packed house in a great cinema. Just wanted to rub that in to all the people who don't have it playing anywhere near them!

Oddly enough this is the only good thing I can think of about living in London right now...
Old 03-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #29
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Going back tonight for the ELEVENTH time, I'm approaching my record for Star Wars and The Poseidon Adventure theater viewings.....

First ten times I saw it at a matinee showing, at $4.50 a seat, then tonight we're going "prime time" and paying the whole $7.50. But it's worth it!!

I babbled all the way to Mount Bierstadt this morning to my gf about the trailer, tonight will be her first viewing of the trailer, but it's her sixth time seeing the film. I hit the romance jackpot when I met this wonderful lass......back in 1981!!!

BTW, O Spudly One, I don't think I'll be able to make it til Christmas either......maybe we should start a support group? LOL!!!! And regarding this MASTERWORK of bait, I do echo your comment:

OH MY FACKING GOD!!!!!!!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 03-30-2002 at 09:44 PM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 10:32 PM   #30
olsonm
Elf Lord

It was great! I liked the part with the orcs beating on the drums while Aragorn and co. stare them down over the wall.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #31
Darth Tater
The man

You girls are gonna go googley for Faramir, gonna be like Legolas all over again! Which is ok, cause we get Miranda Otto! Wowsa!
Old 03-30-2002, 11:48 PM   #32
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I saw it earlier today. Saw the movie for the fourth time
Trailer was great, only they cut out the "in dreams" song at the end. aww

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 11:48 PM   #33
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i can't go see it til tues day

"I WILL EXPLODE, THAT HAPPENS TO ME SOMETIMES!"
Old 03-31-2002, 12:04 AM   #34
Darth Tater
The man

Hmm, in dreams wasn't cut when I saw it, weird.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:37 AM   #35
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
It is amazing; scattered chatter throughout the film, then when Gandalf says, "Fly you fools!" the place goes silent. The silence becomes deafening with the first arrow to hit Boromir. I tell ya, there were ladies leaned forwards in their seats hanging on every action, and even the kids were quiet. This is a movie with an impact.
The third time I saw it, after Gandalf said, "Fly you fools!" and the movie kinda got quiet, someone LAUGHED! If he would have laughed when Boromir died, I would have gone off on him after the movie.

I saw a preview of TTT on TV and it was like 5 seconds long. It showed some scenes of Helm's Deep and left me wanting more. Musssttt find theater with preciousssss.... yesssssss.... preciousss trailer....

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 01:05 AM   #36
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Well, some little kid (maybe 5 or 6) got really into it, unfortunately. Every 30 seconds he would say "that was close!" "that was close!" "that was close!"

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 01:11 AM   #37
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

While I'm off on my rant about things that bugged me while watching the movie, the theater where I saw it had a faulty sound track or something. The part where Boromir tried to take the ring was super-quiet. It got better before he got shot with the arrows. The first time I thought it was a glitch, but the second and third times proved it was a faulty track. I never really got what Boromir was saying as he tried to take the ring. Oh well, I guess I can hear it when I go to see it again for TTT trailer.

Thank you for listening to my ravings.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 01:13 AM   #38
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

I just saw it. It's still palying three times a day at the theater I go to - and they're still all packed. Also they didn't cut anything out where I saw it either.

It was cool - it's just that by showing the close up of Gandalf - everyone knows he comes back. But I guess that's unavoidable - especially the whole year.

I'll have to see the movie before I say anything about it - the trailer looks cool though.

Oh - and I saw Panic Room before seeing LOTR again - that's a really cool movie.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:03 AM   #39
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

"There is the rider...and the horse......"

THOOM.

"There is the arm...and the spear......"

THOOM.

"There is the rain on the mountains....."

THOOM.

"There is the wind on the meadow......."

THOOM. THOOM.

Theoden King. Gandalf Greyhame. Faramir. Eowyn. Eomer Sister-Son.

We have seen it [twice]. And it is GOOD.

[Holy F**ing s**t! IT'S TREEBEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 06:02 AM   #40
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

bropous

The way you describe it, I almost feel like I've seen it. I can also imagine the pitch and tone of the narrator; plus some hint of the music.
(not to mention some other excited EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO 3 or 4 rows in front)

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-31-2002 at 06:09 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote