Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2002, 11:43 PM   #21
Vanimdil
Enting

Here's my type on the test:
You are most like
Galadriel, the Lady of Lorien

Like many elves, Galadriel has a rich inner life and a level of mystery. Although elves say both yes and know when sought for counsel, their insight is valuable. She has exceptional empathic abilities.
You are likely to be quiet, and gentle, enjoying helping other people grow and realize their potential. Others may view you as mystical. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.

Very interesting, although I'm not sure what orcs have to do with it. Anyway it's cool! I liked the range of choices and the detail of the descriptions too.
Vanimdil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:43 AM   #22
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

Here's my info:

You are most like
Frodo Baggins, Son of Drogo

With many acquaitenances, Frodo is deeply attached to a few people, like Bilbo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Sam. His high ethics come out in his treatment of Gollum and Saruman. Frodo has pity on Gollum and believes that change can occur.
You have a strong personal morality. You are committed to relationships and their growth. You tend to be an idealist, believing the best of the world around you. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.

So my good side is frodo, but my bad side is orc....hmm....

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
AngieBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 01:02 AM   #23
Lyrian Aryns
Sapling

I got someone I never even heard of before... Probably 'cause I haven't read all the books, yet...
Could anybody tell me who Beregond, Guard of the Citidel is?

:\
Old 01-12-2002, 02:19 AM   #24
Anise
Sapling

You are most like

Galadriel, the Lady of Lorien

WOW... pretty tight match.

Anise
- told you I was an elf -
Old 01-12-2002, 04:57 AM   #25
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Lyrian, Beregond is a friend of Pippin's in Minas Tirith. He's a very cool character, loyal to Faramir brother of Boromir. He probably won't make it into the second movie though. I don't want to say too much, knowing you haven't read about him yet.

Haha Wayfarer. *turns to walk away and feels FrodoFriend tugging on his sleeve* What? Oh, bother! No! There's no limit, go butt-crazy with your personalities! Sheesh! Now go run along and play with your Frodo dolls! *mutters* Kids
Old 01-13-2002, 01:59 PM   #26
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

I got Aragorn.
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 02:20 PM   #27
mrs legolas
Sapling

I took the test and I am more like a dwarf...

but if I could pick a character from the first book to be...(I am only half way through it)...I might like to be Goldberry I think...

Last edited by mrs legolas : 01-13-2002 at 02:23 PM.
mrs legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #28
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

"You are most like
The Dwarves

As the halls of Moria show, Dwarves like building and inventing.
The world exists to be explained and analyzed. You prefer to work quietly without interruption. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination."

Wrong-O. I've never trusted these tests.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:15 PM   #29
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

I got Galadriel and Aragorn. I expected to get Galadriel, and I got her twice. I always knew I'd be an elf!
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:49 PM   #30
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Really, bropous? They hit the nail on the head with mine.

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:52 PM   #31
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Missed by a mile in my case, Aragorn [wink!]
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #32
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gollum

I got Frodo

Sadistic? me? naaaah never...
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:43 PM   #33
Vardasoroniel
Enting

Strider

i came up as merry - now i'll have to go back an reread w/him in mind . . .

--vardasoroniel
Vardasoroniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:50 PM   #34
AragornKicks
Sapling

Nazgul

oof. Galadriel, the Lady of Lorien. *shrug*
AragornKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:56 PM   #35
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I was Faramir
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:03 PM   #36
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I was "The Dwarves". On the other survey I was Gimli.Hmm and my name has dwarf in it....
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #37
Elfstone.
Hobbit

Big words

I took the test the first time but skipped two questions didnt know what some of the words meant but hey i ended up with legolas however when i retookthe test i got Aragorn BOUYAH to all you guys out there

Elfstone

p.s. hey thats why i named myself elfstone
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him. He is not so mighty yet that he is above fear; nay, doubt ever gnaws him."

- When Aragorn son of Arathorn looks Sauron straight in the eyes and Sauron cowers.

Anduril flaming in my right hand.
The Palantir's blue eminating glow in my left hand.
3500 Year's of Kingly Numenorean bloodline flowing through my veins.
Who's your Tyler Durden, now?

Christ Reigns.

Romans 10:9
Ephesians 6
Psalm 91
Elfstone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:13 PM   #38
Alethes
Enting

I took it again and got the dwarves, which are pretty similar to Aragorn, which I got the first time.

I don't know which one is more like me though. Both are reasonably accurate.
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:32 PM   #39
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

SHG

Quote:
I was Faramir

Isn't he the mortal version of Finrod?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:55 PM   #40
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

I tried to get to www.hobbitlore.com again but got "cannot find server".
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote