Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2002, 02:22 AM   #21
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

ooc: I don't know. I sent her a PM. How can you have a RPG with only two players

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #22
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Sorry you guys.

Gwen shook her head at Lex's brothers. "That wasn't funny Lex. They could have HURT Ellie! There come to a point where mischief goes TOO far! They need a taste of thier own medecine. Where's some shaving cream?"
Lex and Ellie looked at each other. Whatever their crazy friend was going to do it was going to be good. "Gwen, we dont have any cream." Lex said. Gwens face fell but then she dug into her pocket" I've got...Te dollars. What've YOU got?" Lex dug in her pocket "A dollar and ten cents." Ellie dug into her pocket "Unless you want to use gum for trade...that's all I've got". Gwen grinned mischeviously "Oh I think we have enough for um...two cans of shaving cream?"
The three girls left the house and walked to the store on the corner. They not only had enough money for shaving cream but body glitter as well. The girls were walking out of the store when Ellie noticed something glittering in the gutter. She bent to pick it up.
It was a small medallion, about the size of a quarter it was heavey for it's size and it looked like gold. On the surface was writing that she couel not read. It looked like some kinds of writing in the Library. "Hey you guys wait up!" She called to the other two.
Ellie handed the medallion to Gwen, Gwen stopped to look at it "Let's look at it when we get to the house, AFTER we do what we came to do." They ran the rest of the way to the house. They ran up the stairs to the boys bedroom(they were fortunatly at a friends house). There Gwen pulled out the shaving cream"Um Gwen I dont think that um they'll appreciate this" Lex said uncertainly"Well I'm sure Ellie appreciated thier HARMLESS qoute en qoute prank today. This is NOTHING compared to what they might do next. Let's get a move on!" With that the two other girls grabbed glitter and shaving cream. "Oh you guys stay away from the school books BUT get all BUT the dorkiest clothes in the dresser." Ellie sat down on the bed to read her book.
Ok there we go.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 03:50 AM   #23
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Ellie sat on the bed, reading her book. She didn't really want to participate in whatever Gwen was planning so stayed far far away from them. She forgot about her book and put it down as she looked at the amulet she had found. It was very heavy and made of gold, and had strange lettering on it in an alphabet she had never seen before. On the reverse side, she saw a picture of a tree with seven stars above it. Suddenly she knew that she needed to find out more about it, that it was her destiny.
She called out to Lex and Gwen. "Are you finished yet? I really want to go down to the library to check out this amulet. I'm sure its important." She stared at it more closely, examining all the delicate engraving, more skillful than she had seen in her life, while she waited for her friends.*

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Last edited by Nazgûl Queen : 03-24-2002 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #24
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Gwen looked up from the pillowcase she had just smeared with shaving cream"Yeah we're almost done. Hey lex you almost done with the clothes in the closet?" Lex looke dout form the closet"Yeah I almost go the last pocket". Suddenly the fornt door slammed "Um you guys. I think the boys are home" Lex said as she stared at the door in shock. Gwen gulped"Dang. Lex YOUR ROOM QUICK!" She grabbed Ellies hand, yanked her off the bed, and ran to Lex's room. There the two miscreants and Ellie climbed out of the window and ran to the library. A scream sounded from the house. Gwen smiled that her mischief had worked. The girls were making their way to the library when...
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-27-2002, 03:05 PM   #25
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Ellie dropped the amulet she had been holding. Lex picked it up and stopped dead in her tracks.
"Dios mio." she said. The others knew this was serious, if Lex had reverted into spanish.
"What is it?" asked Gwen.
"I've seen this symbol before... somewhere."
Gwen and Ellie looked at each other and then at Lex. "What do you mean?"
"I mean I know this symbol. THis tree with the stars over it... it's in Lewis's books."
Ellie was confused. "Huh?"
"On the back cover of The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis, this symbol is imprinted. It just so happens I was reading it again. I have it in my bag." Lex took her backpack and pulled out a hardcover book. She turned to the inside back cover and, just like she had said, there was an imprint of the tree. "This gives me an idea."
Lex got a swiss army knife from her pocket and cut the glue between the paper on the inside cover and the cover itself. THere, the girls found...

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:08 AM   #26
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

"A note!" Lexi shouted. Ellie stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face her. "What do you mean, a note?". "Somethings written on this piece of paper. Its in the same strange language as on the amulet!" Ellie grabbed the note and examined it. "We REALLY need to get to the library. You know how I told you the amulet gave me a strange feeling, like it was calling to me? Well, this note is even stronger. I can hear strange words running through my head, like 'Eru' and 'Arda'. I've GOT to find out what it means!"

The girls ran to the library, nearly knocking over the public in their rush to find the meaning of the note. When they got there, they searched top and bottom for a clue, but to no avail. They had almost given up when Gwen spotted a tiny book in the corner of one of the shelves. They picked it up and opened it, when they saw....

Old 04-23-2002, 04:47 PM   #27
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Lex's brothers coming into the library. Gwen muttered something inentelligble beneath her breath."What was that Gwen?" Lex asked as she looked at her friend."Nothing you want to hear. Make a break for the back of the library. ELLIE!Snap out of it!"
Ellie was staring at the book in her hands. It was a small red book with sliver writing on the cover. Underneath the word "Halflings Journey" was a a smal indentation exactly the size of the medallion. But before Ellie could get a closer look at it Gwen pulled her towards the long staircase that lead to the second floor of the building. "Ell, if you dont mind I KNOW this is an enthralling book but there are TWO teen guys and we know THREE things about them. One they've gone crazy. Two they want us or ME for lunch and three THEY'RE bigger than us! Lets worry about our lives first and THEN worry about the Halflings Journey OK?!" Gwen was explianing all this as the three girls rushed to the staricase. They ran up the stars ind duck behind a row of bookshelves. Gwen sat down panting and looked over at her friends. She grinned and they began laughing quietly. "Now that we've escaped from those "BROTHERS" we can look at the book." Gwen replied....
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-23-2002, 06:18 PM   #28
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Ellie walked up the stairs in a daze, hardly noticing the boys following. All she could think about was the book. 'Halflings Journey..." what could that mean? What is a halfling? Why does this book sound so familiar?
As she sat down and began to read the story of one "halfling," she noticed the indentation on the cover. What did it have to do with the amulet? On an impulse, she picked up the amulet and pressed it into the cover, where she heard a kind of "clicking" sound...

Old 04-24-2002, 02:00 PM   #29
Michelle The Fair
Enting

I am about to join this rpg. i wil post my Character today.

Michelle The Fair

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:49 PM   #30
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

What is Michelle like? Please PM me the answer and I'll put it on. Thanks Michelle.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-25-2002, 11:11 PM   #31
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

This is Michelles character.
Name: Allurasarin Songguard
Height: 5'5"
Commonly wears: bluish-greys,light greens or pinks, and tans(loves to wear dresses or peasent blouse and jeans.
Eye color: brown
Hair color/type: Auburn/ straight(waist length)

Originally from Alabama, she has come to California to study history and drama. As the middle child of a family of three, she tends to be a bit shy. But if you talk about a subject she knows well, she'll talk up a storm. She is very fond of trees, and spends much time in the woods or the park. She loves reading and can often be found in the library. Most of the time she has pretty keen ears and eyes(except when her nose is in a good book). she is also a very swift runner.
Who's turn is it?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-26-2002, 02:37 AM   #32
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Michelle sounds like a kindred spirit to Elanor...

Old 04-26-2002, 10:45 PM   #33
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Allura had been looking for a book on midevil armor styles, when she saw three girls dash up the stairs and dart behind a row of bookshelves. At first she paid them little attention, but her book search took her down the isle they were hiding on. One of the girls held a small book in her hand, but Allura could not see the title. The girl with the book pulled out a medalion and placed it in the cover of the book. It clicked, then there was a bright white light, followed by darkness.....

OOC:I read the other character profiles to give me some ideas. I like Ellie, so I thought it would be neat for Ellie to have someone similir to herself.

Old 04-26-2002, 11:58 PM   #34
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex didn't understand why the other two were so afraid of her brothers. She could handle them. Yet Gwen dragged her down the isles and they crashed to a halt. before she could say anything, she noticed ellie pressing her newly-found amulet into her new book. Just then, another woman came around the corner. Before Lex could cry "No, Ell!" a flash of light surrounded her and she found herself in a large field. Dogs were barking in the background. She turned to yell at Ellie, but was interrupted by a gruff "No one tresspasses on Farmer Maggot's land."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 04-28-2002, 07:53 PM   #35
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

WHile Lex and Allur were being confronted by Farmer Maggot Gwen found herself at the base of a tree with the wind knocked out of her, Ellie had landed squarly on her friend and both were startled and suprised at the trip they had taken. "Ell" Gwen Gasped breathlessly"GET OFF O' ME!" The sound of her voice startled her. It was decidedly NOT American. It was in fact a contrified British."Wot's goin' on around 'ere?" she asked herself as Ellie rolled off of her friend to lay quite breathless and suprised by her friends side. "Lex you aright?Lex? LEX!" Gwen sat upright and looked on the far side of her friend"Ell, Where's Lex?" Ellie looked up at her "I dunno Gwen." SUddenly the formers first look of startled suprise dissapeared into a slightly bemused look" Gwen when did you change into capris an' a vest?" she asked a small grin playing on the corners of her mouth"An' when'd you lose your shoes?" Gwen looked at her friend who had stood up beside her"You should lookit yerself. You NEVER wear capris. And last time I 'eard you 'ated goin' barefooted an' yet 'ere you are standin' 'appy as you please with out yore shoes." The girls looked at each other and began laughing. Suddenly a voice sounded from the branches above them "I'm sorry but I dont see anything to laugh at. Excuse me for not getting the joke but what exactly is so funny about being a Hobbit?"The voice spoke with a cultured and refined accent. The girls looked up more suprised than they had been before" 'Oo's there?" Gwen asked her voice full of suspicion. A figure dropped out of the tree in front of them. It wa sonly slightly taller than themselves, but it had the same barefeet and curly head as the two girls who stood in dumbfounded shock infront of him. The young man had in his hand a small brown book and in the other a pipe. He wore a green shirt and brown capris with suspenders. He smiled at them and held out his large hand. " I take it that you're new here." Gwen nodded"I guess you could say tha' sir" she replied. The eyes twinkiled in a merry smile"Well then I'll introduce myself...I'm Frodo Baggins. And you are?"
Gwen smiled back at Frodo "My name's Gwen and this is Ellie my silent companion." he took her hand and shook it vigorously. "I'm VERY pleased to meet you." Suddenly the sound of shouting came from a nearby field "OH NO!"Frodo gasped his eyes widening in a terror stricken expression"Wot?" Ellie asked "Farmer Maggot" was all the handsome young hobbit would reply as he sped off towards the shouting...
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-29-2002, 03:46 AM   #36
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Ellie followed after Gwen in a daze, hardly noticing the far-off shouting. Strange words spun through her head, and she stared at the strange world surrounding them. The sun shone down bright on her head and the earth was soft beneath her feet, and she started humming a tune unknown to her. When she looked up again Gwen had vanished with the foreign "Hobbit" but she didn't seem to care.
Suddenly, as she clutched the book and medallion to her chest, she broke out into song in a language she had never heard before.

"A Elbereth Gilthoniel!
silivren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!"

Her voice spread out through the countryside, surprising herself with its clearness. As she sat down next to a tree, looking out on the beautiful countryside, she fell alseep under the smiling eye of the sun.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:28 PM   #37
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex came running up to Ellie and Gwen, followed closely by what appeared to be two other hobbits, one young and the other old. The two were startled to find Lex wearing a green tunic, with brown trousers and brown boots, a green cloak, and carrying a bow and two daggers. "What on earth?" said Ellie

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 04-29-2002, 02:52 PM   #38
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Allura came to in a large open field. "No one tresspasses on Farmer Maggot's land." Allura sat up, far too quickly. When her eyes finally foucsed she beheld an odd sight. A young man only four feet tall, wearing capris, was threating her with a pitchfork. She also noticed he wore no shoes, but the tops of his feet were covered with patches of curly hair. The young man with the pitchfork withdrew his weapon, such as it was.

"Careful now, you've suffered quite a blow to the head. You should lay back down." Allura laid back down with the young man's help. He took a knee beside her and taking off his jacket he folded it and placed it under her head. "Might I know your name, my lady?" he asked. "My name is Allura Sarin Songgaurd," she answered. "What are you doing here?" the young man asked her. "But where is here?" Allura said to herself. He looked Allura straight in the eyes seeing her confusion. "My lady, you are on Farmer Maggot's land." "But where is Farmer Maggot's land?" she asked. "You are in the Shire," he replied. Allura shook her head saying, "The Shire? But that was only in the stories mother told me, and my dreams. I must have hit my head hard when I fell," she said bewildered. "Lady Allura, you do not know what land you're in. Can you a least tell me how you came to be here?" "I truelly wish I could answer that," she looked at the sky above then closed her eyes,"but I am not completely sure myself. Why do you call me 'My lady'? And who are you?" Sweeping a graceful bow he said, "My name is Peregrin Took, though most call me Pippin or Pip. May I say it is indeed an honor to meet so beautiful a lady." Allura turned her eyes down, her cheeks blushing. Then she caught the last part he said. "You are the first Elf I have ever met." Elf??? She had no time to ask what he meant by that. "Your companion has went with my cousin, Merry, and Farmer Maggot to look for your other friends. And to bring back some help for you." By this time Allura's mind was begining to cloud over again. So she only faintly heard the last he said has she slipped into darkness once more.......

OOC: Sam, I hope this is better, if not, any sujestions would be well accepted on my part.
Michelle

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 04-30-2002 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:57 PM   #39
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Ummm this is taking a slightly contradictory turn. Michelle is alone with Pippin in a feild and Lex is being led along by who I might assume would be Merry and Farmer Maggot. Why wouldn't the two hobbits take Allura too? Unless of course Allura had been knocked unconsiece by her fall and had'nt woken until the others were gone, but then what would Pip be doin' out in the field? Could we have some alterations made so it makes a TAD more sense?
Thanks
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-29-2002, 09:28 PM   #40
Michelle The Fair
Enting

i have changed mine. glad i did.I like it much better. As for why Pippin and Merry where in the field in the firs place. Frodo could ask them. They were trying to stealing Farmer Maggot's crops again, and got spotted before they could do the deed.lol