Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2002, 07:50 AM   #21
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Edit - Sorry.

Last edited by Radagast The Brown : 10-28-2002 at 04:35 PM.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:52 AM   #22
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

baseball? baseball. baseball! I don't know exactly what it is. I never played or saw a baseball game. In Israel there is no league of baseball, and most of us never played or saw a baseball game. I do know how it looks like, roughly, but not exactly.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:28 PM   #23
azalea
Long lost mooter

YOU POOR DEPRIVED SOUL!! NEVER PLAYED BASEBALL??!!

Two good movies that will give you an idea about baseball:

The Pride of the Yankees (I'm not a Yankees fan either, but this is the Lou Gehrig story -- it's got heart)

The Rookie -- a recent film from the folks at Disney.

Then go buy yourself a ball, bat, and mitt, find a bunch of your friends, and head down to the nearest sandlot.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:37 PM   #24
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Actually, didn't see real baseball too.

ok, but I don't think I would see them. I'm not SO interested in baseball. it looks like a hard game.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:51 PM   #25
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

There aren't any baseball players in Israel? What do all those Americans olim do? Learn to play soccer-or football I should say I have to say when I stayed on a kibbutz the kibbutznicks kicked our butts in soccer.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:11 PM   #26
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Well, yes. We, people of Israel, like to play soccer. It's the most populer game here. And then, Basketball. No American Football. No Baseball.

I live in a town. And now most of the kibutz (two "b"s?) are in a very big financial crisis.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:14 PM   #27
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

This may sound very un-American, but I don't like baseball. It's so SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWW . . .
Almost every other sport (with the exception of golf and maybe a few others) moves relatively quickly and there is always running, tackling, scoring, etc.
Of course, I'm from Milwaukee, so the local team isn't much to brag about (106 losses this year!). Even the new stadium has lost much of its luster. And it leaks, too.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:36 PM   #28
azalea
Long lost mooter

Ah, pro baseball is slow because it has no heart. I mean, intentional walks? Come on! It's all about winning and money. I prefer baseball games where skill is matched against skill and the people are there for the fun and sport of it.

I would argue that football (American) is also verrryyy sllowww. I can't stand all of those time outs.

Basketball is a great sport in all respects, whether you're playing or watching. It really burns calories! The only problem for me is finding people to play with that don't tower over me.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:20 PM   #29
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I was going to start a thread about baseball/softball but I did a search and found this so I decided to revive it.

The Braves had a rough star this year, but I think that once they get back itno the swing of things (no pun intended) they'll do fine.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:58 PM   #30
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Hey, it's another Braves fan. I must admit that I haven't been keeping up with them too much lately. They'll pull it together.

Also, as a Red Sox fan, it is now my obligation to say that this year is the year. The same goes for the Cubs.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 PM   #31
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Whoohoo! Go Braves!

I must confess that I haven't followed baseball this year as closely as I have in the past. Is it my fault that I have softball practice every day?

Khamul, what do you think about Chipper in the outfield? I'm just sad that I will never again hear the phrase "A chopper to Chipper." I always loved that.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:19 AM   #32
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

If Chipper is better for the team in the outfield, I'm all for it. Then again, I don't know who they've got to replace him with at third base, so I can't really say.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:22 PM   #33
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Something of a baseball fanatic. Here in Portland we have a triple A team in the Pacific Coast League. In addition to playing in two fantasy leagues requiring knowledge on the MLB, I go to PCL games and try to memorize their stats, too. Some people say that's hardcore, but for me it's just entertainment.

We might get the Expos and rename them the Portland Pioneers. There's still a long way to go before that happens, though
Old 04-23-2003, 06:04 PM   #34
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

well youll have to keep the expos from going to washington first

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #35
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

No problem if the Expos go to Washington they will be up for sale in a few years like every other team that went to Washington.

Seriously, I like triple A baseball. It's a little like that movie Bull Durham, except that was a Single A team at the time. When I lived back east I was in a city that had an International League team and I grew up going to several games a year. So I don't have that inferiority complex that some fans seem to have about the Pacific Coast League. On any day that they are at home I can break loose a five-spot and sit in General Admission. If we get the Expos I'll have to budget my ticket buying and lose some spontaneity.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:09 PM   #36
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

i am not really a baseball fan so i dont no why i am posting well i know that legolaslvr! is a baseball fan
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:39 PM   #37
Mycla Leatherleaf
Sapling

I absolutley adore baseball!!!!

It is my fav sport!!
My fav team is the Toronto Blue Jays!

Let's Go Blue Jays Let's play Ball!!
Mycla Leatherleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 08:20 AM   #38
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

looks like your in the sprirt!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:17 AM   #39
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well so what do people think about the big A-Rod trade? The Yanks just keep getting richer dont they. I mean its only $112 million... Thats chump change to Steinbrenner. And of course the Rangers still have to pay him $67 million even though he wont even be playing for them anymore. But they are happy about it because his contract completely paralyzed them. Now the question is how is Derek Jeter going to deal with not being THE man anymore?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 AM   #40
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I am not so much impressed with A-rod. But then, maybe I'm still bitter that he abandoned us in Seattle.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote