Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #341
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
But alas for poor Sane, for as soon as she had conked off atop her horse, she went back into the feverish nightmare realm that is the blackland of Finals. As the Merry Band gathered around their fallen leader, they recognized the symptoms.

"Ah no...She's been stabbed by an wraith of Ex'ams...Sneaky and deadly little boogers they are. Have an unfortunate habbit of sneakin up on you at alarming speed." One of the older, grizzled Bandit veterans said, and as he did so, Sane yelped and tossed in fevered protest and nailed one of her bandits square on the jaw.

The grizzled veteren stroked his as yet unharmed chin and took a pace backwards, "Either that or it could be she was shot by something or one of our over enthusiastic herd members; if that bolt sticking out her back is any indication. Or perhaps a mix of both..."
"I'm going to take that bolt out...you, try to keep her still" About 4 of the MB sat on her patient, Sis shook her head. "Hopefully she'll recognise the voices." She spoke a little louder, "Sane, chica. This is Sis. If you don't get some rest, you can't battle the wraiths. I'm going to take this bolt out and bind it up, then I'm feeding you a sleeping draught. I want you to try to let go until morning."

She glanced at the MB, they knew what they were up against. "Okay kids. Let's try it."

The scene was brief, but lively. Sis stepped back from the neatly wrapped warrior, then stepped back to pull a pillow under her better. "Hey, sweetie. I'll keep watch right here. Sleep tight." She looked back at the MB, some nursing sizable bruises. "Perimeter, please. Keep our nudniks downwind and quiet."

She spoke softly, to herself. "I hope everyone is okay. "

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #342
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Sir Gw and the Gang now finally got gathered up and was on the move.

"No more interruptions, please." said Sis.

(And then it all faded - Dallas like - and Pamela Ewing found Hector in the shower - large as life. And it faded again - back to the Quest scene...)

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-13-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:38 AM   #343
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

And the Gang, incl Hector, was off again - without any strange interruptions.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #344
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

tolkienfan found herself separated from the group. Her horse had hurt it's foot during the charge toward the orcs. She had fixed it up as best she could, and was hoping Sane or Mari or Sis or someone would know what to do next. She was just wondering which way to go when Aeran found her. She followed him through the forest.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!

Last edited by tolkienfan : 03-13-2008 at 11:32 AM.
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #345
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Now that TF had been found and the band joined the jolly Gang and they all moved off, singing "We're off to the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!".

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-13-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #346
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari shot murderous glares at the band. "Oh come on, people! Hadn't we agreed on moving about silently? You haven't forgotten about Sane telling us that there are elves around now did you?"
At that moment Aeran came back with TF. Mari looked around and checked if everyone was there: Sir GW, Acally and Anicetos, Nicro and Sqeeky, TF, Hector, Nautipus, Sas and Fredrico... Only Katt was still not found.
"Acally, would you please take a look at the horses? You seem to know some things about them." After all was checked and declared okay Mari did another quick headcount. Phew, everyone still there. This continuously doing headcounts was not going to work. Something had to be worked out and Mari had just the idea. They were not going to like this...
"Allright! Let's go find Sis, Sane and the Merry Banditos. What I'm going to say next may sound a bit harsh, but it is necessary: I hereby ask our animal friends to prevent everyone from straying. You are allowed to use extremer means to do so. This does NOT mean you are allowed to seriously hurt someone, but semi-forceful persuasion is okay. You can object to it later. Now we have to focus on finding the others again. Who knows what might have happened to them!? I will not forgive myself if our straying has caused them to get hurt."

With this they all finally took off. The camp of the others was found quick enough with the help of the animals and trackers. One of the Merry Banditos quickly informed them of what had happened to Sane.
"Oh no. Is she okay? Sis, if you need any of my herbs, you're welcome to them!" Mari said in horror. This is what she had feared from the moment they had left home.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 03-13-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #347
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

"Whats the matter?!" said Sas when he heard Mari, "What's wrong with Sane?"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #348
Mari
Elf Lady

"She got shot and was stabbed. Now she has to fight off Ex'am wraiths." Mari answered with a worried look on her face.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #349
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Oh man." said Sas "Those are tough."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #350
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

"Thanks everyone." said tolkienfan. "Is there anything I can do?"

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #351
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sir GW rode up to Mari."I will gladly render my more than able knightly services on Sane's behalf. Where to, able leader?"

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-14-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 AM   #352
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari smiled up at Sir GW on his horse. "I don't believe in leaving friends behind good Sir, but I suggest you take it up with Sis. Perhaps there are some herbs you can safely get while we wait here for Sane to recover?"

Old 03-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #353
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sir GW dismounted and, since he also had a bit of knowledge in herbiculture, soon found some useful such, and handed them over to Mari, mounted up again and awaited Sis orders as to the continued journey.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #354
Nautipus
Kraken King

Nautipus, feeling useless, sat down and watched the drama unfold around Sane, and simply kept his eyes open for anything that he might recognize.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #355
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Sis looked up from her fractious patient. "Here's the situation, guys. The bleeding is pretty controlled, and I think it's all muscle tissue involved. So, from a medical standpoint, she's stable, although not quite up to fighting trim. She could move, but I'd rather she didn't sit a horse, for a bit. Ideally, we'd take her on a litter of some kind. The risk with that is that she'll punch my lights out when she comes to," Sis added wryly, but accurately. "I'd like to keep her sedated, because she needs the rest, as well as to keep her movement minimized for fast healing. Sir GW has replenished my stocks enough for that. So, if we can rig a litter, and if we can remain reasonably quiet and not encounter a party every 100 yards, I'd vote for continuing. Sneaking quietly through the woods until we get to the King's Road and can make some time would be the best option, generally. Or Generally. "
"Naughty, I hear you ran into someone you knew. Care to get the crew up to date?"

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #356
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

And since nothing was happening the band got bored and began playing the Theme From Raiders of the Lost Ark again - over and over.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #357
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

tolkienfan, giving up trying to quiet the band, walked over to Sis. "The plan sounds good to me, I'll help make the litter."

Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #358
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sir Gw also helps out making the litter. In his time he was once a guest at some Indians and had learned how to make the special Indian transport litter.

With Tf's able help he manages to rope together a replica.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #359
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Ummmmm....... Band? Could you please stop playing?" said Sas turning twords the band when he could see everyones patience running very thin.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #360
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Ok." said the bandleader, yet again quieted down the band.