Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #301
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Kal heard something in the distance, and Eäráng was oblivious to what she heard.
"This way." Kal said to the elf. Wha? What was going on? He followed her outside, where they saw three figures standing in a sea of death. It wasn't the most comforting thought, surrounded by all these dead Orcs, rotting flesh, and who knows what else.
"Hey, isn't that--"
"Lara, Alaird, and Katt." Kal finished for him. They ran to the group, and there was much rejoicing. There they were, five explorers, with two Hobbits, which was really unusual.
"How'd you find us?" Lara asked. She was perplexed over this situation, Eäráng saw.
"We used our eyes--"
"And ears, and nose." Kal finished for him, again. Eäráng was getting very annoyed at this. Why?!?
They all heard a groan just then, and they all looked at the source of the noise. A man had dragged himself outside, and was now staring at the group. He had been stabbed, cut, been used as a pincushion numerous times, and he had still managed to stay alive. But he looked very familiar, very...
MAEW!!! It was Maew! He was still alive! "Wha...wha' happened..." he asked.
"You almost got yourself killed. What happened to you?" Kal asked him. She had missed him very much after she had found him almost dead.
"I...I dunno...left here...Orcs find me...hurt me bad..." was all Maew could spit out before he went unconcious.
"He needs help." Alaird said, very sternly. "Katt, let's get him to a safer place. Here, I'll help." The two Hobbits picked him up and heaved him into a little clearing, where they could help him more. There they bound his wounds, and he was at least better than he was before. The others knew that they would have to find the others of their party soon, so they left Kal there to guard over the Hobbits, and Maew, and Lara and Eäráng went after the others.

Last edited by Eäráng : 07-05-2002 at 01:30 AM.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:11 PM   #302
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird was overfilled with joy when he saw Earang and Kal heading towards their camp, but his joy soon turned to dismay when he saw the greiviously wounded Maew. They quickly got him back to camp and laid him on the softest wool they could find.
"I dont know if he will live. It's more than likely that there are some poisoned wounds amongst these, and he's so weakened already that the smallest knife wound could spell his end."
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:55 PM   #303
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew floated in an out of reality. He didn't seem to be able to move. What happened to me? he thought, but soon gave up on his cognitive skills, staying alive seemed more important at the moment. Faintly he was aware of a yielding material beneath him, but surprisingly, and worryingly if he'd stopped to contemplate it, there was no pain. He tried to focus on something, but he's eyes were gaumed shut and he could hear but faintly. Soon he sank back into he welcome oblivion of sleep.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 01:14 PM   #304
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile, Eäráng and Lara went back into the caves, looking for their comrades Fimbren and Halbarad. They had no idea where they were, and the eyes of the elf and the tenacity of the human were no mach for the hanging, thick darkness surrounding them.
"There isn't enough light to see. Can you see into these dark caverns?" asked Eäráng.
"No, I can't and if you can't see anything, then why did you think I would?" Lara answered with a question. She did have a point there. Everyone knew that elves had the best eyesight of any of Iluvatar's children, and that was not working in this large place. There were just too many caverns, just too much darkness to see. He would have to thank the Orcs for that.
They plodded on in the darkness, groping their way in the caverns, until they came upon a large, lighted cavern, with light coming in from outside. It was beautiful to behold, for in here the caverns were untainted by the Orcs, and there were crystals shining in all their beautiful glory. The light just hit them in the right spot, though, and Eäráng knew that they were in trouble. Behind the crystals, there was a dark shadow, a very big dark shadow...
Old 07-10-2002, 10:12 PM   #305
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

When Lara saw the shadow she felt fear grab her in its harsh cold fingers. She felt unable to move.

"What is it?" She whispered, her voice just above a whisper...
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 10:54 PM   #306
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt kept flitting nervously over Maew. She kept rechecking his bandages and cooling his forehead with a damp cloth. Katt had never actually seen someone die. She always turned her head when the fatal blow occured. But it was a hundred times worse watching someone she knew, slowly taking their last breaths. Katt couldn't just stand by and watch.

Finally Aliard came over to her. "You've done all you can," he said. "Come, you must rest."
"No!" Katt insisted. "We can save him, you know we can."
"You haven't slept in a day," countered Aliard. "Sleep is nessecery for a good healer."
"I still have work to do. Here, you watch over him while I run to get more herbs."
Aliard grabbed Katt's wrist as she jumped up.
He hesitated and said, "Be carefull."
Katt smiled, bit her lip, and sprinted off into the distance.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:01 PM   #307
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

"That, my friend, is the large, dark shadow of a Balrog..."
Lara huddled next to Eäráng, now missing Halbarad. Where was he?
"What are we going to do?" she asked.
"Uh, well, now... we run."
The two leaped backwards and ran as fast as their feet could take them. The Balrog noticed from the other side of the crystals the movement, and it crashed through the crystals as if they were glass.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:33 PM   #308
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara screamed as she slid on the crystal floor and went under a clear ridge. She felt her heart thudding in her chest as she watched the balrog get closer. Eäráng stood out in the open, his figure small to that of the being.

"Run Lara!" He yelled to her.

Lara obeyed running toward over to where they had entered. She heard Eäráng's steps close behind her. Behind his, not far off she could hear the balrog's sickening tread.

Finally the Balrog's footsteps ended and faded off into the distance. Eäráng stopped.

"Wait!" He called to Lara.

Lara obeyed turning, "What?" She said breathlessly.

"His footsteps, their gone," Eäráng mused, "Where did he go?"

"I don't know," Said Lara taking his arm and beginning to drag him out, "But lets go while we have the chance."

They managed to slip out unoticed and make it back to where everyone else was camped out.

"Hows Maew?" Lara asked walking up to Alaird.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 07-16-2002 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:13 PM   #309
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng knew he had to go back, to fight that evil monster. He left the group unnoticed and went back to the caves. He looked in, and he went inside.

He explored around, and then found it; the biggest, most powerful Balrog Arda had ever known. He didn't know how it had gotten this way; perhaps it might have eaten Orcs and such. He stood with his sword pointed at the monster, and decided this would be it. The Balrog noticed him, yet again, and stood up to it's full height. It stood an easy nine, ten meters, maybe even more. The elf backed up, aware of the evil presence he felt as if it clung to his clothes. This was the powermonger, the one that took the cake, so to speak. He shifted his feet, moving them further apart, and got ready to fight...
Old 07-17-2002, 12:52 AM   #310
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt returned to the group. "I gathered what herbs I could," she said. "How is he?" By 'he' she ment Maew. Everyone had been asking the same question so much that Aliard couldn't answer.

Finally he shouted, "OY! He is getting better. He will regain consiousness soon, but you must let him rest! You too!" He pointed at Katt. "But -" she started to say. "You need some rest too." Aliard lowerd his voice. "Now that we're all together there is no need to worry." Katt looked a little puzzled. "Are we all here?" she questioned. "Our group looks smaller."

"Where's Eäráng?" The cry started faint, then as others heard it the panic grew.
"He must have gone back in," said Lara. "We cannot leave him to face the balrog alone."

Old 07-17-2002, 04:40 PM   #311
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Lara was trying to figure out a way to calm down her companions, the last thing she needed was all of them charging maddly around in the mines. She raised her voice to say something, but just then Maew groaned where he lay beside her. Looking down, she stooped quickly at the edge of the mattress. His eyes stared unseeingly past her, white showing around their rims. He remained thus for a moment then collapsed into coughing. Looking at Lara, he spoke two words, 'Halbarad... pain...!' Looking into his eyes she understood, Halbarad was somewhere out in the mines in pain, and she had to find him.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:05 PM   #312
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
"Balrog? You mean there are still Balrogs deep within the mines?' Alaird asked his eyes wide with amazment and fear."How can that be?" "I know not Master Halfling."Lara replied as she stooped down to her knees, she put her hands on the young hobbits shoulder. He nodded and returned to his work"Maew's bandages need to be renewed. Katt what are the herbs you've gathered?" He asked turning to find the hobbit lass. She was standing behind him, and he jumped at the sound of her voice. She handed the herbs wrapped in a bandage to Alaird. He riflled through them smelling them and pressed them gently with his fingertips. "Katt, where did you find these? Athelas, Willow, onion,dandelion,shepherds purse,nightshade,sage so many herbs I dont know what to do with them all, and look Potatoes and asparagas! Katt you're a wonder!!"He laughed, but She shook her head "I am no wonder Alaird. Aren't we by a stream? Many things grow by water."
Suddenly an exclamation from Lara caused them to turn. She was on her knees by Maew's pallet. "He spoke. Halbarad's in pain in the mines. I need to find him." she said as the hobbits stood in shocked suprised by her side. "But Lara...that balrog...it'll make mincemeat out of you." Alaird protested.
Lara shook her head,stood and loosend her sword in it's sheath"I need to find Earang and Halbarad. Stay here and gaurd Maew." They nodded and she turned to pack her pack. She chose some herbs,rope, and food. She nodded farewell to the two hobbits. "Get some rest and stay on your gaurd." were the last words she spoke to them before turning to find her other comrades.
"Well Katt, You must get some rest. I will stand gaurd first, have my cloak. I wont need it." He unclasped his cloak and handed it to the weary hobit lass. She smiled and he smiled a small breif smile back " Thank you" she whispered, "You're welcome" he muttered as he busied himself with Maew's wounds. Katt held the cloak to her face and slept with the faint scent of herbs about her.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 07-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #313
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara entered the mines, the darkness enveloped her immeadiatly, till it seemed as though she breathed, consumed, and lived black.

She wandered for sometime keeping her eyes to the ground in case of tripping over something. She felt like she was a grave robber, exploring the inner reaches of a catacomb.

She suddenly saw in the distance a bright red light, growing in size and fury till it took shape. A being made of darkness and fire. The smell of it covered Lara till she felt as though she could not breathe. Sulphur and burning flesh it seemed to radiate the scents of.

Lara hid behind a large boulder. To her horror she watched a small figure stand up against the being. She knew automatically who it was, Eäráng.

She suddenly heard a groan beside her. Lara turned in surprise and saw a figure lying prostrate upon the floor. Lara knelt beside it and turned it face up. In the dim light of the balrog, not far away, she saw the face of whom she had been seeking. HalBarad's face looked up at hers. His eyes were closed.

"Oh no," muttered Lara.

She put her ear to his chest and listened intently for a heart beat, a breath, anything. She heard a faint pumping and her head lifted gently as Halbarad took a slow breath. Lara sighed softly in relief.

She saw that had been knocked unconcious by something, a scimitar or other orc weapon. A large gash streched along his forehead. She put some of the herbs on the wound and ripped a bit of her cloak and wrapped it around his head as a makeshift bandage.

To her surprise his eyes opened a bit.

"Lara," came Halbarad's voice, slow and wearied, "I wondered if you would come,"

"Shhh," Lara ordered, "You must keep silent, there is one of those creatures nearby, the balrogs,"

"Oh," Replied Halbarad, he seemed distance and did not make sense, "One of those monsters, I'll murder him with my own hands,"

"I'm sure you will," Lara answered sitting him up and slinging his arm over her shoulders, "But for now, lets get you out of here. Why does it always seem like I'm saving you?"

"Your just lucky," Halbarad said.

They managed to get out of the mines alive and without being seen by the balrog. Lara made it back to the camp dragging a now unconcious Halbarad.

"Eäráng," Lara panted, "He needs help,"
Old 07-19-2002, 12:07 AM   #314
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad lay in a deep and pleasant dream. He walked in a land where it seemed war had never touched. No thoughts of Moria or his company came to him, except for one. He seemed to be searching for something. but what it was, he knew not. Walking on a lawn of green grass he beheld something out of the corner of his eye. It was a woman. She had long flowing black hair and was clothed in white. But when the figure turned around and gazed upon him, he woke up and saw Lara, her face lit with a red glow. In that moment he was truly happy for the first time in his life.

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 07-19-2002 at 12:11 AM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:25 PM   #315
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal had elected to stay behind when earang and the others went back into moria. Even if she was a half dwarf, she had had enough of caves for a long while. Besides, they needed someone to keep watch outside and she wanted to keep an eye on Maew.
She sat by the fire fingering the staff she had retrieved. It was a wonder that it was still there, even if the orcs dared not touch it. Just then Maew stirred. She went to his mat.
"Maew? DO you need anything?"
He opened his eyes. "A new head might be nice. This one keeps spinning."
She smiled and reached for a warm moist rag and wiped his forehead with it. "You gave me quite a scare back there. I'd thought I'd lost you for good."
He reached up and hand and touched the wond on the side of her head. "Looks like you kept busy in my absense, though." She winced. "I'd forgotten about those. I should probably clean them." She sat next to where Maew was lying and ripped the shoulder of her tunic open. There was a large slice below her right clavicle that she began cleaning. She also cleaned and wrapped the wound on her leg, but realized that she couldn't see the one on her head.
"Alaird!" she called. "Could you help me out here?"
Looking at Maew, she found he had fallen asleep again.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #316
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng looked the Balrog in its very deep, very dark eyes. It was going to be in this one for a long time. By this time, Eäráng had learned how to control Narya's power, and this was a good thing, for several Orcs came rushing in. He harnessed the power of the ring, and the entire cavern became lit. The Orcs became blinded, and the Balrog had to turn away from him. He then slashed at the Balrog, and black, acidic blood came forth from the wound, and splashed onto the ground. Eäráng brushed some hair out of his face, and prepared to go at it again. He surely missed Fimbren, and he yearned for help, but he knew that he would have to fight this battle alone. He then jabbed the sword into the Balrog's foot, and it yelped in pain (if Balrogs can do that).
Old 07-20-2002, 09:51 PM   #317
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara heard a deafening scream as she ran into Moria. It sliced into her heart, fear reverberating through every part of her mind, soul, heart and body.

The ones who were not injured, including Lara, ran down the deep dark halls of the mine, seeking Eäráng to give him aid in his battle against the balrog. They seemed to be drawing closer to a light, not the red forboding light of the balrog but a white light, clean and pure.

They came just out of reach from the tips of the rays. They saw in the illumination Eäráng. Before him the crumpling figure of a dying evil. Eäráng turned and saw them. He motioned for them to stay where they were. They held back and watched as the elf made the last blow upon the creature. It fell to the ground, dying flames spurting from its vanishing body, till all the darkness had been chased away and the light from Eäráng had doused the flame of which the evil creature had been forged. In a failing cry of death, the balrog descinagrated completely. The room seemed to shake with its last breath. The earth trembled beneath them.

"Run!" Cried Eäráng.

They all obeyed, the elf's footsteps close behind. A deafening crash followed as some of the rocks from around fell in, crushing the remaining orcs. The company stoped and turned, dust cloaking them thickly till they looked like ghosts. Silence came and settled upon the room. The last Balrog had been vanquished.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #318
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Alaird turned from his gaurd post and ran over to Kal, she was holding her hand to her head, on her leg was a quickly thrown together bandage and her shoulder was bleeding. "What've you done to yourself?" he chuckled as he began cleaning the wounds. Kal winced "Take it easy halfling. I only have one skin." Alaird looked up "Do you want an infection? I have to scrub at these or else I'll have to lance the wounds WHICH(may I remind you) hurt ALOT more than just a good scrubbing.Hold still." The wounds were soon clean and bound up with some sage and yarrow, Kal stood and limped to the guard post and Alaird began a stew with some rabbit found in one of his traps and a few of the potatoes Katt had found. He looked up from his work towards the sleeping Katt.
Her face was turned towards the fire and on it was a look of peaceful content, the shadows created by the flames danced across her face creating an eerie and strangly beautiful design.
Alaird felt himself blush, he had the strangest feeling as he paused in his work and gazed at the slumbering maid. He quickly blinked away a tear and turned back to his work, but inside he knew that he felt protective of Katt. Before he had left the Shire to fight and go to adventures in lands unknown to him, now he wished only to stay and protect the wounded and (to his suprise)Katt.
Deep in the glade somthing had seen the light of the fire and was now watching the camp with hungry eyes...
There finished,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 07-26-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:37 AM   #319
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt dreamed.

She drempt of them never leaving the camp. She drempt of waking amongst thick ferns. She dreampt of stepping into a clearing where Aliard was busy cooking sausages. Lara, Halabred, Maew, everyone was sitting around the fire in the late morning sun. Their swords were polished and hung from trees as ordiments. What was a large pile of orks in waking, had turned it to a hobbit hole. Her's and Aliard's hobbit hole. The entrance to Moria was just a solid rock wall. They were home.
Then darkness covered the sky. Everything turned pitch black. Then she was in Moria. She had never really been there, but it was worse than the under the pile of orks. She could hear her friends calling to her, but she could not see anything.
"We are all going to die!"
"Help me Katt!"
"I'm bleeding! Help!"
"We are ALL going to DIE!"
"Katt, pull me out! I'm buried under these rocks!"
"Katt, some herbs please..."
"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!"
"KATT!" It was Aliard's voice. She reached out to grab him, but she was falling into a patch of thick blackness.

Katt awoke with a startled half scream, then a gasp as she saw she was still in darkness. She saw the flames of the small fire and woke herself fully. Aliard was near her now. She grabbed him and steadied herself. "We can't go into Moria," said Katt. "It will end in disaster. We will all die."

OOC: Ooh! Forshadowing!

Old 07-31-2002, 05:10 PM   #320
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Alaird had just finished dressing the rabbits and putting them into the pot when Maew called him."Master Halfling...water...please." Alaird knelt and smiled "Of course Maew. And you needn't call me Master Halfling, Alaird is fine, water? All right. I'm cookin' a bit of a stew so we can have somethig substantial. A gift from Katt." His smile faded and he rose to get the water. He was getting the water when Katt woke with a start and grabbed his jacket, her eyes wide and staring.
He stifled a scream, but held back "no need to be scaring the poor lass Alaird" he thought. She grasped his waistcoat in desperation "We cannot go into Moria Alaird. It will end in ruin." She sat up to look him in the face "We cant Alaird. The others must get out." her eyes pleaded with him "Katt it was only a nightmare. You're all right. We wont go into Moria." she ighed a shaky sobbing sigh "Oh Alaird" "It'll be alright."he whispered as he held her, keeping her safe from night fears. Then he remebered Maew...
Sam
ps. I'm leavin' tommorrow. We need reinforcements for the conquering of Moria. Where is everyone?
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...