Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2002, 11:31 PM   #121
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

My thoughts on Sam in Cirith Ungol: I think that's one song that PJ will leave in, or at least part of it, it's to important to the story (and too many people would kill him ) As for Frodo, there are plenty of ways to have him be nekked but not indecent. Weren't his clothes lying torn up in a pile near him in the books? (actually they might not have been, that might have just been my twisted memory... ) It'll work somehow.

On a completely unrelated note: I'm glad everyone likes my sig!
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:02 AM   #122
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Sam Gamgee

Even if they leave out all the other songs, they should allow this one, I think.(They had better )they could have Sam just hum, or just say a few lines and hear someone answer.
Also, in the book, it says Frodo was lying there naked .I sincerely hope that they won't take Tolkien seriously. I just imagine Frodo with some old ork rags or pants on; or maybe the orks searched his clothing then gave it back?
Whaddaya mean theyr'e laeving Shelob till ROTK? The only thing keeping me going was the thought of those epic scenes. I've got to wait till then!?

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:12 AM   #123
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

There is no way that Frodo's, umm, bits will be shown, cause then kids wont be able to go see the movie. Maybe everything will exposed in the R rated DVD! But I think he should be naked, but covered with a rag or something.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #124
Elf Girl
Lurker

They are bumping Shelob to RotK because that was the shortest of the books and cliffhangers discontent people. They are used to endings in movies.

Last edited by Elf Girl : 01-19-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:14 AM   #125
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Sam Gamgee

I was reading some of the older posts and I came across one by Midgardsormen at 03-30-2002, and I felt that I had to say I agree completely.The way you worded it was exactly how I pictured it in my mind. For the movie, just have Sam fight off the ork, then rush over to Frodo, and wrap his cloak around him right away.(you probably don't even remember that post,but I couldn't stand it )
P.S. What is all this I hear about Arwen at Helm's Deep? Does Elrond know his daughter is going off to war?

Hello? Shelob? This is Sauron. I just wanted to let you know that if you do not appear in the second movie, you will be fed nothing but my nail clippings for the rest of your life.*click*

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:58 AM   #126
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

Thank you, thank you (on page six for those who are curious )
But, back to the singing....I though the poem being recited in the trailer was so powerful!!! But seeing Sam sitting on the stairs...singing?? I think PJ will put it in if it WORKS, but if it just looks silly, or makes people want to laugh or disbelieve the danger Sam is in...then it might be better to find a different solution.
Yes, Arwen is at Helms Deep...we do not know if she went with her father's blessing or snuck out the back door
We will have to be patient!
Old 04-09-2002, 09:17 AM   #127
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
There is no way that Frodo's, umm, bits will be shown, cause then kids wont be able to go see the movie. Maybe everything will exposed in the R rated DVD! But I think he should be naked, but covered with a rag or something.
I'm thinking they'll have an "artistic use of darkness" to "cover" him. (Shadows falling in just the right places).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 07:38 PM   #128
arenya
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Midgardsormen
Thank you, thank you (on page six for those who are curious )
But, back to the singing....I though the poem being recited in the trailer was so powerful!!! But seeing Sam sitting on the stairs...singing?? I think PJ will put it in if it WORKS, but if it just looks silly, or makes people want to laugh or disbelieve the danger Sam is in...then it might be better to find a different solution.
Yes, Arwen is at Helms Deep...we do not know if she went with her father's blessing or snuck out the back door
We will have to be patient!

couldn't agree more. I read somewhere that Arwen is at Helm's Deep to "blow a horn" I think it's to call out for more troops or something. I can't believe that PJ decided to make her go there! I know he's trying to increase the romance between Aragorn and Arwen, but he shouldn't have her be everywhere!

sorry had to vent

"I sit beside the fire and think/of people long ago,/ and people who will see a world/ that I shall never know./ But all the while I sit and think/of times there were before,/ I listen for returning feet/ and voices at the door." -Bilbo
arenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 08:08 PM   #129
Elf Girl
Lurker

You speak for me also.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #130
Pip
Elven Warrior

You guys are right. I also would really like the song in there. Granted it's the one song that is not really my favorite. But it would still be a really cool part in the movie.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:43 PM   #131
Earenya
Elven Warrior

I hadnt really thought about it, but I really hope that the song is included....
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote