Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2000, 08:44 PM   #1
Smeagul

is it true that.......

i was just wondering if peter jackson was the director who directed Braindead?
Old 10-23-2000, 11:30 PM   #2
Eruve

Re: is it true that.......

A movie book I have lists a movie called Brain Dead (1989) starring Bill Pullman, Bud Cort, Goerge Kennedy and Bill Paxton. It's director was Adam Simon. I don't know if this is the movie you're referring to or not. This book lists the following movies for Peter Jackson:
Bad Taste
Dead Alive
The Frighteners
Heavenly Creatures
Old 10-24-2000, 12:16 AM   #3
anduin

Ahh! I love Bud Cort! I must see that movie....however small or large his part!
Old 10-26-2000, 12:53 AM   #4
The One Ring

All right, allow me to straighten out the confusion here. Yes, Peter Jackson directed a movie called Braindead, also known as Dead Alive. This is not to be confused with Brain Dead, an entirely different movie directed by Adam Simon. The first is a ridiculously gory shock-fest parody of horror films. The second is apparently some sort of serious thriller. (at least according to IMDB.... I've never seen either one)
Old 10-27-2000, 09:03 PM   #5
Wizard of the Secret Fire

I have not them either, but it is true, PJ ahs directe the well known Braindead movie.
Old 10-28-2000, 03:10 PM   #6
Michael Martinez

I will once again caution people against putting too much faith into the IMDB. It's just a visitor-driven rumor mill/database. Yes, there is a lot of neat information there, but also a lot of erroneous information. Anyone can submit information to the IMDB, so it's hardly an authoritative source of information.
Old 11-27-2000, 04:08 AM   #7
Keyser Soze reborn

But it is true that PJ directed a movie called Braindead, no matter how unreliable IMDB is.