Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #301
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Speaking of what has been done, BJ, remind me how many thousands of rockets have been fired into Israel by the folks they are blockading because of those thousands of rockets.
Remind me how many rockets that blockade has stopped.

If history shows us anything, it's that peoples rarely learn to live with one another until they've had enough death and devastation. And the tough, heartless kind who typically make it in to the leadership slots don't even learn from that. They've already choosen the principle over the personal.

I don't want to see it continue any more than any other rational human being does, but we have to cease to be enablers.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #302
inked
Elf Lord

I suspect the blockade has stopped rockets like the wall has stopped suicide bombers, but, hey, you are the numbers guy, right?
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #303
inked
Elf Lord

I see that rockets continue to be fired into Israel............

Fortunately, the Israeli's are very bright and have a "wall" for rockets now:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...-time-1.354696

One hopes that this wall is as successful in stopping rockets as the first was for suicide bombers.

On the side, do you think the UN could enforce a "no-rocket zone" if they chose to do so? (Not that the murder of innocent Israelis seems to count at the UN, but, at least, theoretically?)
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 04-11-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: speiling as usual
inked is offline   Reply With Quote