Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2001, 11:19 AM   #1
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Sam Gamgee Today's the BIG day!

Waaaaahhooooooo!
Only four more hours until I get to see it. Maybe we could discuss our trips to the Movie, what happened when we got there and stuff like that. You know goofy kind of.
The totally bouncing out through the roof and up the walls
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
anduin
Entwife

There is already a countdown thread.

*EDIT* Sorry Sam, didn't read it very well I guess. Some people started threads stating how long they had until they saw the movie.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 09:10 AM   #3
anduin
Entwife

So what happened at the theater Sam?
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I asked a guy at the popcorn stand how I could this big LotR poster they have. He didn't know so I asked him to get a manager. The manager came out and very rudely told me I couldn't get it. I said, "You're a nice one." And he cussed at me and left.... It was fun! Today I wrote a letter to Carmike Cinemas about it...
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 06:09 PM   #5
hama

My son has arranged with the manager of the local Borders book store to get me the special edition display when it comes down....Now THAT is a good boy...much like a kind and gentle Hobbit.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 04:40 PM   #6
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Nothing much happened at the theater. When I saw the name on the"Movies Now Showing"board I squealed like a banshee. And then again when I saw the poster. And then there was this one guy who cheered as the lights went out and I just HAD to answer. I screamed once or twice when the nazgul attack the Hobbits and the inn. I honestly thought that they were a goner in the Inn where they're sleeping.
What were your most favorite parts?My most favorite parts(Limit:3) were#1. From the time where Sam says "This is It"to the Bucklebury Ferry and#2. the scenes in Moria from the end of Frodo being shaken about like a salt shaker to the scenes where they're crying outside of Moria for Gandalf and #3 the part where Sam starts out for the boat and gets dragged into it by Frodo. What were your general impressions and all that?
Sam
Ps. You're cool Anduin
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 05:04 PM   #7
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I convinced my friend that he really wanted to see the midnite showing. I was in Hollywood with some visiting relatives touring the sights and I saw the tremendous line outside of Graumanns(?) Chineese theatre. It was only 9 o'clock. So I called him and convinced him and he went to get tickets while I hurried my kin along home and then booked it to the theatre. We had a relatively good place in line, it was around 10:00, and we were talking and joking when the two gentlemen behind us got into our conversation but we didn't mind so all four of us were talking until someone said "I'm hungry." And we all said, "Me too." I struck up a bargain that we, my friend and I, would go get food if these two guys would hold our place in line. Everyone agreed and we went and got food. It was around 10:50 that we left. I figured we'd have plenty of time before they let in the theatre.
Nope.
We got back and as I was looking for a place to park my friend said, "Ummm.... hey. Where's the line?" We ran inside the theatre, lukily they didn't mind us bringing food inside, and looked franticaly for our line holding friends. They saw us and had saved us seats, middle theatre center even!! So the deal worked out well for both parties.
Oh yeah and then we saw this movie.....
Old 12-21-2001, 07:01 PM   #8
GoldenMallorn
Sapling

You were in HOLLYWOOD?!The PREMEIRE? Did you see you know any of the CAST?
I saw it and thought it was really good. I dont really have a favorite part. I guess I liked the Bree scenes the most.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:17 PM   #9
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Whoa whoa whoa!!! I didn't say anyhing about a premeire. I went to the midnite show on the 18th like everyone else. That's it. The story would be a whole lot better if it was the premeire, but, then again, I probably wouldn't have left to get food if it was.