Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

I just finished this book recently, and I found it to be, by far, one of the best books I ever read. Its a story about a young boy on a raft in the pacific ocean after a boat sinks....and he's with a Bengal Tiger.
But its also a story about religion and the power of stories and believing in things...an amazing book.

Has anyone else read it?

Katie
Katie of the Golden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
Lótiel
Hobbit

I read Life of Pi a little while ago, I really enjoyed it! Very good about religion, but also a very well told tale! Must agree that it´s one of the best realtively newpublished books I´ve read lately!
Lótiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

I haven't got round to reading it yet but my friends say its great. They all had to read it before their interviews at Cambridge uni. I'm uncertain whether I'll like it or not though, sometimes I don't agree with the critics and sometimes I do! Mx
Old 03-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

on a raft and with a tiger.....it does sound an amazing story! and something i'd like to read. thanks for mentioning it.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Jabberwock
Enting

Great book! Pi is a super character. I think I read this book in one sitting. It's hilarious, heart-warming, enlightening.... worth reading.
Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #6
Jabberwock
Enting

movie

I just recently read somewhere that a movie is being made of Life of Pi for release in 2005. M. Knight Shyamalan is going to direct it. I guess he's from the same region of India as Pi in the book so the project interested him.
Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yes, that's the word on the street. The book has been a big hit up here in Canada and I've been meaning to read it for some time now, but alas, it's on that rather long reading list of mine...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote