Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #21
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"I was sleeping, and then I had this dream," Airyane said. Cærdic could see that she was rather unnerved. "Only I think that it was real, sort of."

Cærdic opened his mouth to ask what she meant, but she held up a hand to silence him. "I was being chased to this awful black mountian by this . . . thing. I don't know what it was, but it was terrible. I tripped, and it caught up to me. It raised a dagger high above its head, and was going to kill me. Then, this big white bird came and pecked its eyes out. It dropped the dagger, which cut my cheek. It wasn't deep, but it burned like fire. And when I woke up, I had this scar, which wasn't there before."

Cærdic didn't know what to say. What she said about the scar was true, she had never had a scar there, at least, not since yesterday, when Cærdic last saw her. "I don't know what to tell you, child. I'm not very knowledgable in the area of dreams. Perhaps you should speak to Lainya," he said, referring to the cheif healer of Ci'tinai. "She would be able to make mor esense of this than I."

"But I seek your opinion," Airyane said.

"I have none," Cærdic replied, telling the truth - mostly. Strange dreams had troubled his sleep lately, but he had thought them the aftereffects of dinner, or too much ale at the tavern, or fatiuge. The fact that Airyane was having these dreams, if that was what they were, disturbed him.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:21 PM   #22
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Jaelyn came running into his captain's room, his sword in hand and a fierce glare in his eyes. He stopped as his eyes landed on Jen'airah, where she stood before the mirror. Feeling foolish, the man resheathed his sword, "You really not ought to scream, Jen, you scared the life out of me... Jen? Jen, what's the matter?"

Jen'airah's hand was quivering, he could see it from where he stood. He watched as it rose to her mouth, her face a picture of horror and surprise. "Jaelyn... leave. Please..." She whispered, her voice just as astonished.

Taking a deep breath, the young man shook his head. "I can't do that, ma'am. Not when you look as if you've seen a ghost. Besides, you've been my best friend since we were but children. How can I leave you now?"

"Just do it. Please... I just need sleep is all."

"Aye, and I'm marrying your nephew's son's dog. C'mon, Jen. You can tell me what's bothering you. I won't tell a soul."

"Jaelyn, as your captain I order you to leave my quarters this instant! Begone!" Jen'airah shouted, whirling on her friend in her distress.

Jaelyn froze as he looked at his companion. She gasped and turned away quickly, sheilding her eyes from him. Opening his mouth, he took a step towards her and stopped. "Suitenra suemus egothra, cutrika vela dare ventis lijed ioran." He murmured, his tone gentle and soothing.

Jen'airah shivered, unable to help herself. She knew the old tongue just as well as Jaelyn; he had been the one to teach her. And she knew the phrase even better. "Cursed are we who sail through hell..."

Bowing his head, the second-mate gave a grunt of a response.

"Jaelyn... what am I to do?" Jen'airaha asked, the sorrow in her voice breaking the surface as the tears fell from her eyes.

Raising his head, Jaelyn strode across the room and embraced the woman tightly. He sighed as she buried her face in his chest, trying to fight away the tears. "Ani noe cadere animis, ani noe lacrimo... Pera haen noe kye thera abi in malam rem..."

A few moments passed and Jaelyn sighed again. He had never seen Jen'airah so distraught, not even as a child. For that he loved her, and admired her. But now, he loved her even more, because he knew nothing he could do for her, though he yearned to do something, anything.

"We'll find something, Jen'airah. Let me help you..." He whispered, holding her against him as she cried.

"What is there to find? The crew will decide on mutiny. They won't stand by me when I'm like this, Jaelyn."

"They must. And even if they did not have to, they would. You are their captain, and they adore you. You are the best, and kindest we have. They will stay, and not one will think of you differently."

"I can pray to whatever gods there be left that your words are true."

"There is no need. Go back to sleep. I will think of something for you, if it will put you at ease. Sleep well, Jen." He stepped away and smiled at her, brushing the hair away from her tearstained face. Kissing her on the forehead, he smiled again and left her to return to sleep.

Jen'airah watched as the door closed, her face blank other than the faint trace of awe the crossed her features. Wearing a slight, reassured smile, the young woman crawled back into her bunk and nestled against her pillow, staring at the lantern she had lit earlier. She watched it until the flame flickered out, and her room was shrouded in darkness, and soon her mind fell away from her as well.

OOC: Sorry about the lengthyness, just trying to make up for my absence. Hope it's not too much. ^_^ Anywho, here's a little idea of what master Jaelyn said. Hope that helps.

Suitenra suemus egothra, cutrika vela dare ventis lijed ioran. = Cursed are we who sail through Hell.
Ani noe cadere animis. = Do not lose heart.
Ani noe lacrimo. = Do not shed tears.
Pera haen noe kye thera abi in malam rem. = I will not let you go to the devil

[the language I used is partially made up, but some of the words are latin. Though I wasn't sure if I was using the right word, so some of them are modified. ]

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #23
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fimbrethil
"Talya, I am sorry this task has befallen you. It doesn't make sense as to why the powers that be chose you, there are so many other races better suited..." Higera was cut off by Talya.
"You mean people who will jump quickly to anger and make rash unwise desions? Granted some of mine could have been better but I know how to think rashly and my mind was and still is unclouded by hate and anger. That is why I was chosen, not for my prowess or courage or fighting skills, for we both know I none, but because I am patient and almost never come back from a hunt empty handed. I except what has been given to me and I move on from what has been taken...."
She looked back only once, and that one time was a mistake. The monster had, by then, discarded his arrows for a sword. Lifting it in a false attack the blade flashed and was then lodeged in Higera's heaving side. He went to his knees. The trees grew thicker and Talya was forced to turn and look at where she was headed. She did not see the monster mount his horse, she did not see him try in vain to catch her, and she did not see Higera, her best friend, take his last breath.
Talya jerked out of a light sleep, sweating and breathing hard. "Higera...are you alright?" She said in a pained vioce. The knowledge that her friend was hurt and that there had been nothing she could do about it and the knowledge that he had been the only one who could have possibly reasured her parents in some small way and save them a little worry had knawed at her for the three days she had been traveling. But what was worse, what had kept her from riding and hunting and gaurding like she should was the knowledge, or lack of, that she didn't know what had happened, to Higera, to her family...to her whole world. It was alien to Talya now, it seemed somehow less inviting and more ominous at this distance. All this pinged around in her head while she was getting Brèla ready. Once her faithful horse was ready Talya turned back and stared at the outline of trees, the forest that had once held sweet dreams and whispers of the trees, now it held mystery...but then what in her life didn;t anymore? Sighing she turned away and her heart of hearts Talya knew it was the last time she would see her home. " Waise heill breoal, wiol pomnuria ilian. Ilf pomnuria orodum du sundavor jierda kalfis. Eka ethgri ono edoc'sil varden! Welden eka un pomnuria manins." She had done it...now the gods or whatever forces that were at work here would protect her and her family. Turning, it was almost night fall, Talya rode off toward the city.

OOC: Go to the discusion thread for stuff about this post.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #24
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"I ran away." I said truthfully, but not revealing the whole truth. "What about you?" I said observing my surroundings. If this guy decided to attack, I couldn't escape. <Smart Reia. Reeeeal smart.>

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 03:31 PM   #25
Fimbrethil

After two more days, or nights, ride Talya had her first look of the city, Ci'tinai. "We should be there befroe nightfall Brèla." Talya said trying to collect herself. It had been a rather uneventful ride,but unnerving all the same. She had only rode at night, so the fact that she had meet no travellers shouldn't bother her, but it did. Sometimes when she rode she would hear a sound of hoof beats behind and she would turn and look but no one would be there, but every time she heard them she speed her mount foward, and despite this the hoof beats had been there almost every night. It was enough to scare anyone.
Arriving at the city Talya wondered what she was to do now, "He never said anything about that. I suppose I should just try and find an inn tonight first...What am I going to do?" These last words came out a whisper.
She walked into the city no one payed her any mind. This was a place that recieved many visiters, some of which, Talya didn't notice, didn't ignore her, but watched her with the greatest of interest.
Going to the cleanest inn she could find Talya asked about a room and a stall for her horse. Paying the man and then tkaing care of Brèla she went to her room and didn't sleep.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #26
Arcala
Elven Warrior

Sakaiye finally started paying attention to the girl, and for reasons he couldn't explain, decided to ask where she was going. So, "Where are you going? I'm going-" At this, he stopped. Where was he going? He'd always wandered around the desert with only himself and Aralia. But wait! He suddenly remembered a mountain city that Tokir had talked about. Perhaps he could take this girl- what was her name?- Reia, yes, that was it. Perhaps he could take Reia there. Whatever she had run away from, it prob'ly couldn't attack her there. "I'm going to the mountains," he said, and pointed in their direction.

ooc: Sorry I haven't been psting, I've been kinda sick.

ooc2: I'll try and make up some reason for Sakaiye to stay in the city with Reia. (Remember, he doesn't like cities. )
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Arcala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #27
Fimbrethil

Talya just lay in bed for while thinking about what she would need to do and how she would find more people like her when she finally dozed off.
She was standing in a deserted city that looked exactly like Ci'tinia. But it couldn't be could it? Walking along the streets the only place that had any fair look to it at all was a tavern called "White Hawk". Stepping inside Talya froze. Standing behind the bar was Higera. "Don't be afraid Talya. I'm still the same person I was, just in a different place. In a while, you will know when, come back here. You'll find what you're searching for." Higera said in a strange voice that seemed far off.
"Higera? So...you did die? I'm sorry. But what about my family? They won't know I'm okay!" Talya looked thunderstruck that her friend wh ohad seemed so strong and powerful could fall this easily.
"We accept what has been given to us and move on from what has been taken."
And the dream ended.
Talya woke up and wandered around the city restoring her food and bags. Secretly, she wouldn't even admit it to herslef, she was also looking for that tavern.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 PM   #28
Legoles

Quote:
Originally posted by Arcala
ooc: Sorry I haven't been psting, I've been kinda sick.

OOC: Yeah, I know the feeling[asthma sucks ] anyway

Ic: "The mountains? You wouldn't be talking about Ci tiani would you? I had a dream set near there... forests plants a wraith, everything..." She mused out loud.
"oops." She said again, covering her mouth

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #29
Arcala
Elven Warrior

"Yes, I was talking about Ci'tinai. I'm traveling towards there. Want to come with me?" He refrained from talking about his own dream.
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Arcala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:04 PM   #30
Legoles

"Yes, thank you Sakaiye. May I have some of your stew?"

PADFOOT LIVES!