Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Bloobers

Hey has there been a theard on ROTK of the bloobers they left in the movie? If there has been please forgive but I couldn't find it and this has been nagging me since last Saterday. When Sam's fighting Shelob and falls for about the 60th time does he say ouch? And were there any others you might've noticed?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Tom Bombadil

Bloobers!

I always thought it was "bloopers".
"Bloobers" sounds like something that comes out of a nosebleed! I know what you mean Fim, but I must have a laugh fit everytime my mental mouth says .....Bloobers! Oh well......
Old 12-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i figured it was just a spelling mistake but hey each to their own! i think there was some but i dont really remember them but im sure i saw one
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol the biggest "blooper" is calling it "bloober" LOL, nice Fim
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

This may be a kind of blooper.
In the otherwise nicely done Smeagol/Deagol scene at the beginning of ROTK they're fishing on the Great River, Anduin but it looks more like a backwater stream then a mighty river, especially when you contrast it to the Anduin the Fellowship were on in the movie FOTR when they left Lothlorien (granted, further south).
Also, consider the difficulty Isildur had in "Unfinished Tales" in crossing the Anduin and the point of the Gladden Fields:
Quote:
The river was swirling dark and swift before him. He stood for a while, alone and in despair. Then in haste he cast off all his armour and weapons, save for a short sword at his belt, and plunged into the water. He was a man of strength and endurance that few even of the Dunedain of that age could equal, but he had little hope to gain the other shore. Before he had gone far he was forced to turn almost north against the tangles of the Gladden Fields.
That hardly sounds like the placid backwater in movie ROTK. But the biggest problem is that the river just looks too small. Even if you imagine a sort of calm inlet, the river itself should be wider since the Anduin seems to be wide at least up to the Old Ford and the Carrock.

Oh, and a bit of trivia (movie got something wrong! go figure).
Isildur was shot by orcs on the west bank, not from behind on the east bank.

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!

Last edited by Tuor of Gondolin : 12-25-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:22 PM   #6
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I think this is a blooper also:
When Arwen is sitting in Rivendell with the book open on her lap, before it falls we can see that there is a large illustration on one of the pages, and then the camera moves away. When we see her again, just as the book falls, there is no large illustration on the page, only writing.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I went again today and found a couple more bloopers:

-When Gandalf and Pippin are through talking to Denethor and they turn around and leave, the bottom of Gandalf's cloak is pretty clean. When the shot goes back to him, though, as he heads for the door, the bottom of the white cloak is soiled dark grey (about a foot of it is dirty!).

-I don't know if I should call this a blooper, but I guess it is in a way: when Pippin gets up to look at the palantir at night, then when we see him from behind walk over to Gandalf, there is a square bulge on his lower back, perhaps the box where the wires attach for a mini microphone or something? It's quite obvious once you notice it!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

Last edited by Shadowfax : 12-27-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:18 AM   #8
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

I noticed something when they are getting ready to board the ship at the end, which I haven't noticed before. The grey soles on the bottom of the hobbit feet! Perhaps they are supposed to look like dirty feet, but they look like the shoe soles they are. I found it very distracting.

This post property of Entmoot.
Bregalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:39 PM   #9
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

This stuff is better classified as "continuity" than bloopers. That's what it's called when something is missed in films. Such as having a full glass on a table one shot and then the next shot it is empty. That's kinda the stuff that you are listing above
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 12-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
This stuff is better classified as "continuity" than bloopers. That's what it's called when something is missed in films. Such as having a full glass on a table one shot and then the next shot it is empty. That's kinda the stuff that you are listing above
Thanks Dúnedain, I knew what I was noticing shouldn't really be called bloopers, but couldn't think of what they were!

Old 12-29-2003, 10:35 PM   #11
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

heres a real blooper. When gollum puts the crumbs on sam and frames him for eating all the food the crumbs fall offsam as he gets up, then as gollum is like "whats this" the crumbs reappear all of sudden.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
katya
Elven Maiden

I noticed that thing in Pippin's back too. I was like, "what is that?" I figured maybe it was a rock or something he was planning to put in place of the palantir, and forgot about it. Of course, that wasn't it...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #13
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Well of course none of them should be called bloopers but...eesh have a go at me will you! That's alright I always like it when people make fun of my spelling errors...cause I know u get a good laugh.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 PM   #14
KyleMcM
Sapling

During the charge of the Rohirrim, there is a close up shot of Eomer as he is reaching for his spear. It almost looks as if someone off camera is holding the spear for him to grab.
KyleMcM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:53 AM   #15
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Frodo and Sam are in the orc armer in one sceen, like they should be, but then, suddenly, when you see them again, Frodo has his orc clothes on, as if he had never lost them, and they arn't Sams, unless Sam had some in his pack, because sam still has all of his clothes on, All that Frodo is missing is his cape, and possably the mithril shirt, but you can't tell, becasue that would be under his other shirt. That might be explaned in the book? I don't remember, but I don't think so??

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 04:06 AM   #16
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Maybe Bloober is a scene done wrong and Blooper is a line which is said wrong.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #17
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
Frodo and Sam are in the orc armer in one sceen, like they should be, but then, suddenly, when you see them again, Frodo has his orc clothes on, as if he had never lost them, and they arn't Sams, unless Sam had some in his pack, because sam still has all of his clothes on, All that Frodo is missing is his cape, and possably the mithril shirt, but you can't tell, becasue that would be under his other shirt. That might be explaned in the book? I don't remember, but I don't think so??
I noticed that too! Another thing too, when Sam is gettting ready to take Frodo clothes he says "you cant go around Mordor in naught but your skin" (which i think is a line in the book) but Frodo has pants on. The line would have worked had he been without clothes as in the book but it kinda lost me there for a sec.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:53 AM   #18
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleMcM
During the charge of the Rohirrim, there is a close up shot of Eomer as he is reaching for his spear. It almost looks as if someone off camera is holding the spear for him to grab.
i thought it looked more like it was in a body
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:39 AM   #19
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
I posted in another thread about this. I really don't understand why people can't see how he gets his shirt back in the movie. When he is brought to the tower the fight that the Orcs start is over his mithril mail, and the other guy is holding his other shirt. That shirt is then dropped up in the tower and the fight begins. It was obvious enough to me that they just walked over to the other end of the tower and found his shirt sitting there...

--Linaewen
Old 01-04-2004, 01:59 AM   #20
Scondren
Sapling

ContinuityWell, it will be fixed in the EE)

After Aragorn rides back from the black gate.....there is blood on his sword. But he hasn't fought anyone yet(Not in the theatrical version)

Also, all the horses just dissapear and Aragorn, Eomer, Gandalf, etc, are stuck on foot.