Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Arwentomboy
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel Lol!!!!

I must say I adored the movie, but my mom found a HILARIOUS website on movie mistakes, not only in FotR, but also Star Wars, Titanic, etc...
For example, you know the scene with sam, frodo, and the scarecrow? Look closely in the background, and you will see a car plainly visible, going from right to left. I had to go back a second time to see it! The website is Movie-Mistakes.com. Check it out!
Arwentomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 07:27 PM   #2
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

...Really? o_O..I noticed another mistake in that scene. In the close shot they're closer th the scarecrow..by..like ...ALOT than they are in the wideshot. We're talking atleast 10 foot difference between shots here.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 10:04 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

Moviemistakes.com is usually pretty accurate, but they've got quite a number of errors in their list of LOTR bloopers at the moment. Next time I have some free time I'll put my own list together, including corrections to theirs.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 01:19 AM   #4
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Wow, arwentomboy, I will certainly have to look closely for that when I see the film [time #5] tomorrow. If it is there, it almost makes the film a candidate for a Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment! I kept looking for contrails in the wide shots, but this one slipped right by me, if it is there. Mike and the 'bots would have a field day!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 10:09 AM   #5
Gandalf The Grey
Hobbit

Gandalf Error

When Sam and Pipin are talking about apples Aragorn throws Sam a apple and then he throws pipin a apple but if you look real closely before pipin falls down down on the ground pipin already has a apple in his hand.
Gandalf The Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 10:18 AM   #6
anduin
Entwife

Arwentomboy....I hope you don't mind but I changed the title of your thread a bit to make others aware of the topic.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 08:08 PM   #7
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

Re: Error

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf The Grey
When Sam and Pipin are talking about apples Aragorn throws Sam a apple and then he throws pipin a apple but if you look real closely before pipin falls down down on the ground pipin already has a apple in his hand.
Hi,
Not meant to be rude or disrespectful Gandalf the Grey, but didn't Sam give Pippin the apple before Aragorn through the one that hit pippin on the head? that's what i thought i saw.
Angie

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
AngieBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 08:18 PM   #8
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

It's Merry!!! Aragorn throws Merry an apple, Merry then gives it to Pippin and walks off, then Aragorn throws another apple at Pippin which hits him in the face. Pippin has TWO apples. There are no mistakes there (unless I'm totally off my rocker!)

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 01:59 PM   #9
Gandalf The Grey
Hobbit

oh
Gandalf The Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:14 PM   #10
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I am pleased, dear FrodoFriend, to report that you are, apparently, firmly ensconced in your rocker.

Funny that Pippin was hit in the head with an apple; "pippin" is an old term for "apple".
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:24 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Jsut a minor, minor, minor aside, Anduin: I don't get the "and easter eggs" bit. Maybe I've been struck once too many times on the helm by an Orcish scimitar....
Old 01-06-2002, 10:10 PM   #12
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I've been wanting to try pippin apples, but right now I'm hooked on the small braeburn apples(which are the same type of apples that Merry and Pippin eat in the movie)that grow in New Zealand. Did any one notice the carrots stuck in Merrys pockets? I thought that was funny. When they were walking through the forest you still see carrot tops sticking out of Merrys breastpockets. Just something interesting.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:42 PM   #13
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

of apples and pillows

Merry ALWAYS seemed to be eating apples, didn't he? At the party, at the apple scene (of course,) and even in Rivendell! (I THINK it was Rivendell.) I just thought that kinda strange...I thought Sam was supposed to be the apple lover.

And did anyone else notice the pillows that they used in Lothlorien? They looked exactly like normal pillows covered in old, stripy, pillowcases. It didn't quite fit in.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:15 PM   #14
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

HI,
Thanks for clearing that up for me FrodoFriend. Sorry for the mess-up. Renille, when does sam eat apples in the book? I can't remember, i guess i'll just have to brush up on my Tolkknowledge.

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
AngieBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #15
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

When they're leaving Bree. Sam has a pocket full of apples, a present from Nob and Bob, and he throws one at Bill Ferny and says "waste of a good apple." And there's sometime when he says "Apples for walking and a pipe for sitting. But I reckon I shall miss them both before very long." But maybe that was the same time.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:30 PM   #16
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

bropous:

Easter eggs are things that are purposely placed in the film - they're not mistakes. Sometimes it's just a a camera man or set designer that sneaks something on the set.

Cartoons a lot of times are full of easter eggs - because the animators can insert a couple of frames.

Software also has easter eggs - because the developers put their names and small bits of info in. Or with certain key strokes - an animation may run or something.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:06 AM   #17
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Samwise: Good observation there on the carrots. I'll look for those next week when I see the film again.

Renille: Sam says the thing about apples for walking right before they pass by Bill Ferny's house and his hits him in the nose with the apple. ;- )

jerseydevil: thanks for the definition of "easter eggs"!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:40 AM   #18
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Tom Bombadil Re: of apples and pillows

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille
And did anyone else notice the pillows that they used in Lothlorien? They looked exactly like normal pillows covered in old, stripy, pillowcases. It didn't quite fit in.
I HAVE NOTICED THAT ALL 3 TIMES! It has driven me CRAZY!! Did they briing those from thier hotel!?!?!? I can't stand them!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 07:42 AM   #19
garrfin
Sapling

Treebeard some mistakes!!

did anybody else see the car drive past when sam is stood by the scarecrow at the start?
Also why, when frodo and sam are talking in rivendell, is the railing only waist high to a hobbit?it should be waist high to an elf obviously.did anyone see anymore?
Old 01-07-2002, 09:03 AM   #20
anduin
Entwife

Thanks jerseydvil for the definition....I wasn't online to give him a answer and definitely wouldn't have given him such a thorough one.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote