Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #21
Bacchus
Elven Warrior

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the original article's assertion that Arwen is "barely mentioned" in the Hobbit. I certainly don't recall any such mention.

Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:05 PM   #22
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Bacchus
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the original article's assertion that Arwen is "barely mentioned" in the Hobbit. I certainly don't recall any such mention.
Does it say "barely mentioned"? I guess I missed that. The whole idea of Jackson making the Hobbit makes my stomach turn. I guess I missed the mistake in that article because of my overall disgust at the whole idea that he might do it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:01 PM   #23
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Impending sense of doom*

Arwen was barely mentioned in Lord of the Rings, and look what happened to that!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:34 PM   #24
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Ian Mkellen and Andy Serkis would have to reprise their roles. I guess, for the sake of continuity that Hugo Weaving as well, and a SHORT cameo by Liv Tyler would be ok. Ian Holm is questionable...maybe...and I think Sean Connery should play Thorin.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #25
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I think Peter Jackson is the ideal person to direct it. He did such a great job on the "trilogy" there is at this time nobody better suited to do it. I can't wait! I'm sure the MGM/US vs. New Line settlement will be quick in the offing. All my friends are excited, too. Most of us have read The Hobbit many times and most of us also like the Rankin / Bass version.

I would like to see WETA come up with a weekly History TV style Guide to Middle Earth highlighting various regions. They could talk about what happened in those regions and enact some pseudo-myths. They could also set a few tales from The Silmarillion. I know. It will never happen, but I can hope.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #26
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Hm, I couldn't care less who did The Hobbit, as it is my least favrite Tolkien book. Now if it were Farmer Giles of Ham, it would matter.