Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2003, 06:35 PM   #121
Edro
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf.Freak
When Boromir tries to take the ring, the chain is on it, but when Frodo offers the ring to Aragorn, the chain is gone!
In the book it says that the ring would come off of its chain sometime, somehow.

Edro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 12:16 PM   #122
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

All right, I have been waiting to do this for a long time. I actually watched FotR in slo-mo (all the way up to Caradhras, I got tired after that) to catch all the mistakes. Just so everyone knows, I have the regular screen dvd edition, so in the other editions things might be different. but i will stake my reputation as a Tolkien fan on these.

1. In the scene where Gandalf is walking up to Bag End and knocks on the door with his staff, you can see that his boots are reddish brown. after Bilbo lets him in, he lifts his robe to step over the doorway and hs boots are grey.

2. in the scene w/ gandalf and Frodo discussing the ring, Frodo fills the teapot w/ water and sits down. the next shot of Frodo shows him holding a steaming cup, but any one who has ever made tea with tea leaves knows that it would take at least a couple of minutes for the tea to steep properly and be ready to pour in a cup and drink.

BTW, i've heard people talking about seeing Frodo wearing shoes in the scene where he and sam are walking through the fields. i watched this scene over and over, and i have concluded that the black on the bottoms of his feet are probably just because he hasn't washed them for a while, and this is plausible because i usually don't wear shoes in the summer if i can help it, so your feet can get pretty dirty. (maybe he stepped in some poop!)

3. (not sure whether this is a blooper, but it does seem kind of out of place in Middle Earth) As Gandalf rides to Isengard, you can see green posts connected by green chains lining the path, you know, like the ones used in parks to keep people from walking on the grass. Kinda wierd, huh?

4. In the scene with Gandalf and Saruman discussing the movements of Sauron at the table w/ all the papers, Gandalf is leaning on his staff and has a loop of leather around his pointer finger. next frame, it's gone.

5. during the fight scene between Saruman and Gandalf, Saruman throws Gandalf against the wall, then releases him and G. falls to the ground. G. then looks up and retaliates. as the camera is panning from G. to S., for a split second you can see blood all over the right side of S's face, and this is before he even gets hit with the blast from G's staff. and then the next frame shows S. lying on the ground, with a compleatly clean face. then a few frames later, the blood pattern appears in the right place, after S. gets hit in the face.

6. in the scene where frodo and the hobbits are hiding under the log from he black rider, Frodo is tempted to put on the ring and nearly does. but if you look at the close up they show of Elijah's hands, the hands are not his at all! the fingernails are way too long and the fingers are not Elijah's. (mabye not so obvios to those who have not made it a hobby to study people hands, but once you have studied the actors hands, it is fun to see when the shot is of the scale doubles or of the actual actor. I can tell the difference between Tall Paul and Viggo or the difference between the hobbit's scale doubles and the actual actors, just by looking at thier hands.)

7. In the Painting of Isildur cutting the ring from Sauron's hand, (the one opposite the shards of Narsil) the painting shows Isildur holding the broken sword and Sauron holding his mace above Isi. ready to crush him. but Sauron is holding the mace in his right hand, but he was supposed to be holding it in his left while his right was empty. other wise Isi. couldn't have cut the ring off his finger.

8. (this ones not excaclty a blooper, but it's really funny to watch) in the Council of Elrond, when gimli says the line "I will be dead before i see the ring in the hands of an elf" when he says "elf", a huge glob of spit comes out of his mouth and splatters all over his beard .

9. every body has commented about the ring and the chain in the scene on the mountain, you know, where Frodo rolls down the hill and loses the ring. but nobody noticed that as F. rolls down the hill, you can see that halfway up his shins, you can see a line, where the flesh seemingly folds! what happened was that he was wearing flesh colored boots with hobbit feet on them so Elijah's feet wouldn't get cold.

After i watch the rest of the movie, I'll comeback and tell you what else i saw!
Old 03-12-2003, 09:12 PM   #123
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Very cool...I've never noticed...Now I have an excuse to have to go back and watch it again!!!!
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:36 AM   #124
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by TopazJedi
8. (this ones not excaclty a blooper, but it's really funny to watch) in the Council of Elrond, when gimli says the line "I will be dead before i see the ring in the hands of an elf" when he says "elf", a huge glob of spit comes out of his mouth and splatters all over his beard .
Believe it or not, we have an entire thread somewhere around here about that. It's called 'Gimli's Disgusting Habit' or something along those lines.

Other than that... man you have way too much time on your hands.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #125
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Quote:
"man you have way too much time on your hands."
Yeah. well I am home schooled so I don't have homework on the weekends, and i was bored on sunday so i watched the movie again. I never tire of FotR!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #126
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
3. (not sure whether this is a blooper, but it does seem kind of out of place in Middle Earth) As Gandalf rides to Isengard, you can see green posts connected by green chains lining the path, you know, like the ones used in parks to keep people from walking on the grass. Kinda wierd, huh?
Actually the book describes Isengard as having those post thingymabobs along the road, so it's not really a blooper...they just followed it down to minutest detail for that bit.
And the guy they had for Frodo while the hobbits were under the log was BJ, he was a short fellow from India who whooped Sean Astin's butt (Elijah uses another word) in chess and cooked everything with curry. I seem to remember watching that particular scene on the extended version on DVD and BJ's there so. Some interesting stuff about backstage LOTR.
Cheers,
Sam
ps. You're homeschooled as well. Neat. So'm I.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #127
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bump!
Old 03-31-2003, 02:48 AM   #128
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I love how PJ had a cameo in the beginning of the Bree scene - the hobbits just get into Bree, and on the right side of the screen, the guy who burps is PJ.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:12 PM   #129
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

does anyone know where exactly the van is in the sceene where frodo and sam are leaving the shire in fotr
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:22 PM   #130
azalea
Long lost mooter

Thanks, gimli.
Like I said, I haven't seen it, but I think it was a few pages back in this thread that they said it is in the top right corner. And I said all I saw was (pallindrome) a trail of smoke that I thought was smoke coming from a hut. And someone said that wasn't it though. So I think it's the top right corner, but as I said, I think you'll have to look on the extended ed. dvd.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:25 PM   #131
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Actually, i think what happened was the van, or car, or what ever, was there in the theatrical version (my dad and i certainly saw it!) But for the video and DVD versions, they edited it out, because everyone had talked about it so much. we talked about this a couple of pages back though, so maybe you should read the entire thread.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:09 AM   #132
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well Topaz i usually dont have enough time to read all of the posts because thats a lot to read and some of it is pointless to me.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 04-01-2003, 07:15 AM   #133
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
does anyone know where exactly the van is in the sceene where frodo and sam are leaving the shire in fotr
Read This---->In the scene where Sam and Frodo are in the field with the scarecrow, you can plainly see a car cruising past in the distance, from right to left. This holds the dubious distinction of being the first urban myth (of sorts) spawned by this site - some people swear blind there's a car there, others insist there's nothing at all. All I can say is watch it and make up your own mind. There are two different shots which show the car moving from right to left. One starts at the top right distance, and in a shot a few seconds later the car has travelled down the road a bit and is more easily visible. Complicating matters is that the dust thrown up by the car looks similar to smoke from a chimney in the right distance, making some people think it is just the chimney. But chimneys don't move, and the smoke from the chimney is separate from the moving vehicle. [It is deleted on the DVD, but you can still see an obvious bit of image fakery on the hill just left of the smoking chimney. One can see the hill, tree, and surrounding area move up and down and shimmer slightly where someone has done a cut and paste to cover up the auto.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #134
LadyGreenleaf22
Hobbit

Elven Brooch

Not an error really, just an interesting fact...In TTT notice that all but Sam's Elven leaf brooch are facing the same way!

Also, In FOTR at the Bilbo's party, when Bilbo is telling the troll story to the children, the camera shows two children listening, and those would happen to be Peter Jackson's (ths director's) children!

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused"
LadyGreenleaf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #135
LadyGreenleaf22
Hobbit

Sorry, I forgot this before..

Pater Jackson makes a few cameo appearances during the films...

1. In Bree, right when the hobbit's walk in, they show the road, and on the right, there is a man holding a carrot that belches..thats pete

2.I think this is in The Two Towers, At Isengard, when Saruman is rousing the Wild-Men to reclaim the land the was taken from them, they show a group of men cheering, and one of them is Peter.

3. At the Battle of Helm's Deep, there is a group of people throwing rocks from above the gate, and one of those people is Peter.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused"
LadyGreenleaf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:46 AM   #136
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Peter Jackson's children were also in TTT! Except the little girl has blond hair.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #137
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

in TTT when frodo attacks sam his ring is hung around the button but in the next scene it is not and then it is again
I AM CANADIAN

Old 05-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #138
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_GreenLeaf
Peter Jackson's children were also in TTT! Except the little girl has blond hair.
I know. I hope they're not in RotK too...

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:21 AM   #139
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
Gollum

what do easter eggs have to do with this?

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote