Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2003, 08:05 AM   #101
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Amandil
Ahhh, I see. (So Australia's not going to war, then?)
No idea. But if mucho-big war breaks out here in N. America, and Australia's not going to war, then sure, that's where I'm going!

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #102
Amandil
Guy-who-should-come-here-more-often

Location: Alberta, in spirit -- Vlaanderen, in body (Canada? Never heard of it!)
Oh, a war in North America? That would be a change! In that case, I'd probably stay and fight for my home, even if I wouldn't fight for the international state which I am a citizen of. There really should be more wars in North America. I'm getting tired of this "lets go and fight a war in somebody else's back-yard" way of doing things.

"Why would you want to tamper with anything Tolkien did?" --Ralph Bashki

"Seeking self, I find nothing but myself, but in this I drink the cup of gall I really am. I want everything, and I may have everything, but I have nothing except what I have. What I have I know is not what will fulfill me, and I know this in the bitterness of satisfied desire. Everything I have is still not enough, and in getting everything I have, I have not myself, indeed what I have may have twisted what I am and might be into an image of my own possessions. I will to possess, but I end up possessed by what I possess." -- William Desmond (Ethics and the Between, p. 209-210)
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote