Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #81
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

First I'd like to say that I loved the movie and that I thought it was great. There was one thing that really bugged me though. How come Galadriel didn't give anything to Boromir when she gave something to everyone else? that was pretty much all though.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:37 PM   #82
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
First I'd like to say that I loved the movie and that I thought it was great. There was one thing that really bugged me though. How come Galadriel didn't give anything to Boromir when she gave something to everyone else? that was pretty much all though.
Took me a while to notice that, but yes, that was odd, that he didn't get a gift, or at least they didn't show him getting one.

I liked how they did something to make it look like there were stars in Galadriel's eyes, but it didn't work too well 'cause they were all concentrated in one area. Clever idea, just wish it had been better. Now talk about nit-picky, that was insane, neh? Oh well. *sigh* And that one shot, I think it's when Frodo + Co. is just coming into Lothlorien, or maybe it's after they've spoken to Galadriel and Celeborn, they have this shot, a close-up of Galadriel's eyes opening--oh, yeah, when she says 'one who has seen the eye.' I can't stand that shot. It really bugs me for some reason. They could have either zoomed in more so it was just her eyes, or not done it at all. . .argh, something, neh?

But of course, what really bugs me. . .I wish I had a budget like that for my films. Alas.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:00 AM   #83
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

In the book, she gives him a really pretty belt. In the movie, only Frodo's gift is shown.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 AM   #84
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
In the book, she gives him a really pretty belt. In the movie, only Frodo's gift is shown.
Everyone but Boromir gets a gift in the extended edition.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:10 AM   #85
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Now talk about nit-picky, that was insane, neh? Oh well. *sigh*

But of course, what really bugs me. . .I wish I had a budget like that for my films. Alas.
What the world needs is film directors with an artistic eye for detail like you. Where were you when Peter Jackson got the job? (Even though he did a decent job of things...)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:19 AM   #86
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

I liked how they did something to make it look like there were stars in Galadriel's eyes, but it didn't work too well 'cause they were all concentrated in one area. Clever idea, just wish it had been better.
*nods alot* ouch, yeah. I think in the making of thing on the extended edition junks, they said they used Christmas lights? To give Galadriel that 'starry eyed' look.
~Celebréiel
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:25 AM   #87
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Ouch! Imagine having fairy lights implanted in your eyes...

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:21 PM   #88
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
What the world needs is film directors with an artistic eye for detail like you. Where were you when Peter Jackson got the job? (Even though he did a decent job of things...)

Still in high school

I had noticed the stars in her eyes before, but I hadn't really thought about it until I had seen the special features where they explained how they did it, actually

Fairy lights! Fun! Want in my eyes! Maybe all the silver junk I accidentaly got on my contacts will work. ..

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!