glib
Sapling

what were your questions

what were your questions
Old 12-10-2002, 03:50 PM   #22
Nibs
Head Hollara

Well, I was kinda bluffing, but okay:

Tell me, Kyle, do you know who any of those people are preceding you in your list? Or do you even care, as long as your step ends in bringing you some amount of wealth?

Secondly, do you realize how silly it is to post your own name and address in a message board?

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:57 PM   #23
glib
Sapling

no

i dont know those people but if what think of it like this.. The guy eric price posted it so i could c it...he went into the same thing that i did...i sent him a dollar so he wasnt played...if people are honest then it would work...im not sayin everyone is honest but like its $6 what so bad about that.. so far ive made more than what i have gave and its worked for me...Yes i know its stupid to post my address but everyones address is everywhere in phonebooks etc..if i dont talk trash to nebody they have no reason to stalk me so i dont care
Old 12-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #24
Nibs
Head Hollara

...which proves you're not the kind of person I'd want to send any amount of money to.

Have a nice day.

Old 12-10-2002, 04:53 PM   #25
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Re: what were your questions

Quote:
Originally posted by glib
what were your questions
Hmm a couple of questions do require an answer.

1. As you are providing a service that folks are paying you for then surely you are running a business. How do you go about registering your business with the IRS? (or Income Tax Office in the UK).

2. Why send cash instead of a check? (maybe because a check needs formal ID and a bank account to cash).

3. Is it not easier to contact the various Spam, Junk Mail, Tele-sales firms, Salesman, and so-on directly and ask them how much they are willing to pay for your personal details? (of course it's not, besides it's embarrasing to listen to someone laughing hysterically at you on the phone).

4. Why does this scam stink worse than a barrel of sardines on the back of a camel?

5. Don't you think it is absolutely stupid to encourage kids to post their private details to millions of people? Yep the details are available in the phone book but who are the perverts in this world gonna pick.........a random address from a phonebook or a spammer that has "I'm gullible" written all over their address?.

(note to the Admins. Sorry slight flame content in this post, delete it if you feel nessesary )

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 12-10-2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:09 PM   #26
Nibs
Head Hollara

Heh... too bad he stumbled on a board frequented by intellectuals...

Not that I'm one of them, mind you.

But I am impressed that you actually stuck around to answer those questions, glib... I thought it'd be one of those post-and-run situations.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:12 PM   #27
glib
Sapling

Yeah

u know jus makin some money..sorry if i p***** u guys off, i only put em where necessary, the guy asked how to make $ so i gave him a sugestion...i got torched by a bunch of peeps..o well...Neways im out...need some $ makin tips holla at me
Peace
Old 12-10-2002, 05:22 PM   #28
Nibs
Head Hollara

Interesting definition of "bunch" you have there, glib, as there are but two of us "torchers". Or are we "hollaras", Coney? That has a nice ring to it.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:29 PM   #29
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Nibs
Interesting definition of "bunch" you have there, glib, as there are but two of us "torchers". Or are we "hollaras", Coney? That has a nice ring to it.
Hollaras......I like that

Cool you responded to the post before any ........erm......impressionable ...'mooters got caught into it

I've seen this kind of scam too many times

To Glib: Good luck with your dealings with the IRS!..........like it or lump it, there is no such thing as free money

Beatallica
Old 12-10-2002, 05:33 PM   #30
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Cool you responded to the post before any ........erm......impressionable ...'mooters got caught into it
Without flames, too! Is that not cool? He didn't seem like a shabby character, but... well, you read my posts.

And I'm putting something in my signature concerning "hollaras" right now.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:25 PM   #31
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Get rich quick schemes are usually not permitted at most MBs, and in the case of this particular thread which started out otherwise, has spun out of control. Closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread