Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2000, 02:47 AM   #21
Darth Tater

Re: My screenplay

But it could mean so many things. It could mean "that was awefull!" or "that was incredible!" or "I'm a lazy bumb and didn't read that!" As for the :P, we all know what that means! :P
Old 02-05-2000, 05:12 AM   #22
anduin

Nice action I know you were expecting more, but you know me
Old 02-05-2000, 05:19 AM   #23
Elanor

I guess it seems a bit too much action to me. Kind of bloody, bloodthirsty, etc. Let's just see I'm not overeager to see a movie based on this.
Old 02-05-2000, 08:55 PM   #24
Darth Tater

Elanor, if you don't like blood I would have to recomend you don't read any more of the screenplay. We're gonna see a lot of it. Thanks anduin, I guess
Old 02-05-2000, 10:25 PM   #25
Elanor

Thank you for the warning! Maybe I'll check in here and there, but now that you know my opinions, you don't have to worry about me complaining any more. So go ahead. Far be it from me to stifle anyone's creativity.
Old 02-25-2000, 01:41 AM   #26
Darth Tater

Finally a new instalment!
Feel free to speak up if you have any problems with this one, I myself thought for a while if it was "canonical"

SCENE 7
[Morning. Carandhel is mending a wound on Calerial’s arm. Aragurth and Aramorth are sitting at the side of the area. The fire is out. Beledan still lies on the ground, but is awake. The wolf is gone but he is covered by his own blood, as well as its. Feadur enters.]
Feadur: The horses are gone, there are signs of a fight. It seems the wolves did not simply run in fear, we have sustained greater losses then is seemed.
Aragurth: At least we all survived. I see this is a miracle, what we encountered last night was a great test, we were proven admirably.
Carandhel: [Getting up from bandaging Calerial.] Let us go. Without horses our journey will be longer and harder then anticipated.
[All slowly rise and begin to walk. Calerial, Aramorth, and Beledan all have slight limps. The group moves slowly. After a while they stop, Calerial bending over and panting for breath, Aramorth and Beledan doing the same, but not as obviously.]
Calerial: I would that Manwe would have mercy on us now!
[Suddenly a stranger appears coming up a hill, which had hid him. He is robbed in gray, and has a beard which is beginning to turn white. His hat perches almost whimiscly upon his head, but somehow grants a feeling of age and wisdom to him. He has a scarf around his neck which is obviously unnecessary, and he uses a great staff to lean on.]
Stranger: When a child of Iluvitar prays he is heard. You will not go unguarded.
[All turn to look at him. Feadur and Beledan prepare to reach for their swords.]
Feadur: Who are you, a servant of Manwe or of Morgoth?
Stranger: I serve the light, I follow the commands of Manwe, and curse that name of which you speak.
[Feadur and Beledan take their hands away from near their swords.]
Carandhel: We welcome the aid of any who do not serve evil, for we go to fight it to claim our revenge.
Stranger: Revenge is an evil thing and never profits much.
Feadur: Nevertheless we must seek it.
Stranger: So be it, I will aid you as I can.
Beledan: And what, may I inquire, shall you be known as?
Stranger: Many names have I, but you may call me Mithrandir.
Old 03-23-2000, 01:14 AM   #27
Darth Tater

Back to the top so people will read it and COMMENT!!!
Old 03-28-2000, 12:27 AM   #28
Darth Tater

Finally a new installment (not that any of you care)! I really would appreciate feedback, don't mind if it's negative.

SCENE 8
[The company walks on. They are in a land covered in tall, tan colored grasses. The air is harsh. Beledan walks with Mithrandir and addresses him, an air of respect in his voice.]
Beledan: Mithrandir, it is not often that one such as yourself is seen in these lands. Tell me, where do you come from, and where do you go?
Mithrandir: [Pausing in his step, looking up towards the sky in an absent minded yet thoughtful manner.] Where I come from you do not know, and would not believe if I said. Where I go is where I am lead, and the power that leads me even I do not fully comprehend. [Looks at Beledan.] But you, your destiny does not seem as obvious as that of most mortals. I sense in you a seeking for something you are not yet aware of. [Beledan looks puzzled.] Do not fear, all will reveal itself in due time.
[The grass has grown greener as the company walks, and now they finally see the bend of a river.]
Carandhel: At last a sign that we are on the right path! Look, the glorious river of Mindeb!
[The company runs to the waters to drink, but Mithrandir lags behind. As they go to dip down he leans on his staff.]
Mithrandir: I do not think that wise. Though these waters looks clean now it runs from a land of evil, a place where no good thing lies. Drink it and you drink this darkness.
[Most listen, but Aramorth, overcome with thirst, dips his hand in and drinks.]
Aramorth: If such a dark evil is at the source of this water that it poisons it even hear our quest will indeed prove a failure. But for now I do what I must; my mouth is parched and if I do not drink I cannot see that I will stay alive for long.
[Mithrandir looks, a feeling of knowing something that a fool does not see in his face.]
Feadur: [After a pause.] Well, let us walk on.
[All arise and begin to walk.]
Old 04-15-2000, 01:32 PM   #29
Darth Tater

SCENE 9
[We see the sun set behind dark mountains in the distance, as the company walks towards it. Cut to Aragurth is making a fire, Carandhel brings wood. Calerial is sitting on a log. Feadur sits down next to him, eating some lembas.]
Calerial: [To no one.] Why did I come? Oh, why, why did I come? Nothing good will come of this, nothing good. We will all die, all of us!
Feadur: (Stops eating, looks concerned, but tries to cover it up.) Do not say things like that! We come on a great quest. We will fight many evils, but we will triumph!
Calerial: (Puts hands on head.) I do not believe so. No, no. I am so afraid. (A tear falls.) I fear the dark night, I fear this evil we go to face. (Begins sobbing.) Oh Manwe! I fear death so much. I do not want to die!
(Feadur hesitantly puts his hand on Calerial’s shoulder)
Calerial: I do not want to die! (Crying.)
Feadur: (Hesitantly.) We must all fight together. We are all friends, we will work together. You, you will not die.
[Suddenly Aramorth screams. All turn to look at him. He begins clutching at his chest, ripping at his shirt.]
Aramorth: [Flailing on the ground.] I feel it! Evil, inside of me! Help, it is consuming me!
[Aragurth runs over to his brother, kneels down above him.]
Aragurth: Brother! What is this evil? Brother, speak to me!
Aramorth: Oh!!! My heart, it burns!
[Mithrandir walks over rapidly but steadily. He bends over Aragurth.]
Mithrandir: [Pointing his staff down at Aramorth.] Did I not say that water was evil? This is what comes of foolishness.
[Aragurth rips open his brother's shirt, sees blood welling up on the other side of his skin, as fire consumes his insides.]
Aragurth: My God!
[Mithrandir’s staff begins to glow, brighter and brighter. Suddenly blue light streaks from it, wrapping around the growing red in Aramorth’s chest. It consumes the red, bringing it rapidly back into the end of the staff. Mithrandir falls backwards, sitting exhausted.]
Aramorth: [Lying on the ground.] I am not dead? I feel still an evil in me. I should have listened.
[Aramorth’s head falls back, he closes his eyes. Aragurth lifts it up, putting it in his lap.]
Old 04-19-2000, 11:02 AM   #30
Maglor

Good, but the first part moves too fast. Try some flashbacs to the stories of Feadur and the others.

BTW. If you want to stay accurate to Tolkien try to put some meaning in the names of the elves. Elven names and especially mother names were known to be prophetic.

PS. Carandhel is a womans name.
Old 04-20-2000, 01:32 PM   #31
Darth Tater

There is meaning in the names. Try taking them apart, you'll find it. Yes, I see that it moves to fast. I do plan to go back and add more.

PS. Oops. I guess I'll have to change that in the next draft
Thanks for commenting.
Old 04-22-2000, 08:36 PM   #32
Maglor

By meaning, I mean that the names should recemble their personality, but it's not really important.

Maglor
Old 04-24-2000, 11:04 PM   #33
Darth Tater

Some of the names give hints to the fate of the characters, some show their inner qualities, some do both.