Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #41
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

OOC: Sam, I never would have thought that Ellie would become a hobbit... I didn't think hobbits usually had pitch black hair and deep green eyes or anything... but I don't mind

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 12:20 AM   #42
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I just thougth it would be easier for them to fit into the hobbit society if they were hobbits. I mean there are th tiny houses to think about, the chairs etc. Although Gandalf didn't have a hard time sitting on them apparently. Hmmm. I can change my post if you'd like.
And thanks Michelle. Now it makes ALOT more sense than it used too. And remeber. WE HAVE NEVER MET ALLURA IN OUR LOVES BEFORE!We dont know who she is, which I hope explains my next post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frodo stopped short when he saw who was coming towards them"Oh BOTHER my luck." and he vanished behind a tree. The next minute Gwen heard leaves rustling above them as Frodo positioned himself on a branch."Wot in the world is 'e doin'"thought Gwen.
Oops over ran time limit.
Gotta Go
Sammy girl
ps. DONT POST. I have an idea for this so just STAY CALM1Hopefully I can come on tommorrow. See yah.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:30 PM   #43
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex approached them, looking quite flustered. "Um guys, listen, This is Merry and Farmer Maggot. Or so they say. I'm starting to think my brothers have really gone too far this time. So does anyone know where we are?"

"Why," said the little hobbit. "You're in the shire. Quite a sight, it was, you just appearin' here out of nowheres. Quite a sight."

"Magic or no, no one tresspasses on Farmer Maggot's land," the old hobbit said.

"Okay, can you stop saying that, please? We can't help that we're here now," said Lex.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 12:31 AM   #44
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
While the others were talking Merry leaned over to Gwen"Was that just me or did an overgrown squirrel just shimmey up that there tree?" Suddenly a large chestnut came from the thick foilage and hit Merry straight on his head. The sound of a bird sounded from the branches above, quite angrily and indignant. Merry looked up to the top of the tree still rubbing his head"Yep that'd be a crow. Or should I say a Crodo?" he added in a whisper to Gwen. A slight mumbling was heard above them. It sounded like"You'll pay for that Merry." Then there was silence.
Gwen looked at Merry in suprise "He knows you?" "I should say so Miss. He's my second removed cousin on my fathers side and his mothers side."
Finally Lex and Farmer Maggot got thngs cleared up and the small group returned to the field where they found Allura and Pippin talking pleasantly. Ellie leaned over to Gwen"Who's THAT?" she asked meaning Allura. "Dunno Ell but I'm sur ewe'll find out soon enough." Suddenly the sound of a breaking limb and a thump caused Gwen to turn around. Frodo was out of his tree.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 05-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #45
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

While the others had obtained their accents immediately, it seemed to take a moment for Lex's to kick in. Suddenly, another hobbit jumped out from a nearby tree. "Blessed Eru!" she exclaimed. "Am I fooled or do these creatures multiply as we speak?' She suddenly realized that her voice was that of an educated Brit. Why, she knew not. Nor knew she who this Eru was of whom she spoke.
"Nay, lady. I tell ye, these scoundrels were in me garden again, stealin' me mushrooms!" said Farmer Maggot.
"We weren't stealin', mister." said Merry, approaching with the newcomer. "We were just passin' through, right lads?"
Frodo and Pippin nodded heartily.
"Very well, then. Would someone please reveal to me our location." said lex.
"Why, you're in Middle Earth, in the shire, like I said," repeated Pippin.
"Middle Earth?" laughed Lex. "Why, that is nothign but a children's tale, a bedtime story. What year is it?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-05-2002, 09:37 PM   #46
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Uh oh. What year was it when Frodo set off on his whatchamacallit? Ummm ummm. Ummmmmmmmmmm. I THINKG they got back in 1318 but I'm not absoballylutely sure. Hold on. It was 3018 in September. This should be in...July let's say?Or should it be August. Let's make it August.
Cant post anything due to a time limit.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 05-13-2002, 04:54 PM   #47
Michelle The Fair
Enting

"It is August 3, 1418, by Shire Reconing," Pippin replied.Allura looked at Pippin then to the girls. She felt something strange about this place. The dreams she'd had as a child were coming true right in front of her. She looked back at Pippin.She didn't know weather to be happy or frighten. What would happen to them now? She wasn't sure.......

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 05-15-2002 at 07:32 PM.
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:24 PM   #48
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Frodo looked from Allura to Pippin,"And whom might this fair maid be?" he asked,turning to the girls. They just looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. "Her name is Allura Sarin Songguard," Pippin said. "What a mouth full!" one of the girls blurted out. All heads jerked in thier direction. The girls started looking around like nothing was said. Merry stood there trying to stiffle and laugh. Frodo jabbed him with his elbow, and Merry burst out laughing. Soon everyone was laughing. "My Lady it is pleasure to meet you," Frodo said with a chuckle. Pippin smiled, then offered his hand to Allura. With Frodo's help they soon had her on her feet. Farmer Maggot half frowned," Well, seeing as she's hurt you had best bring her to my place. The missus can patch her right quick." So they all started out for Farmer Maggot's home......

Old 05-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #49
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Gwen gave Lex a look as if to say "Guys." Lex nodded and rolled her eyes heavenward. They followed behind the farmer his dogs and their new friends. The woman called Allura and the young hobbits. Gwen trotted up to Allura as they were walking. "Were'd you come from? I mean last thing I knew there was only three of us sittin' round this book at the library an' now we've got four chaps an' all. What's up?'ow'd you get dragged into this? Wot's yore name an' all?"
My anme is Allura, as you heard well enough back in the field. I am 22, but here I dont know HOW old that would be. What aobut you?" "ME? My name's Gwen an' I'm fourteen. But 'round 'ere I dunno 'ow old tha' is. 'ey you hobbit chaps 'ow old is fourteen in yore years?" Pippin looked at Gwen "YOU? FOURTEEN? You'd be a little toddler so you would. Nope you look more along MY age around...28 or so." Gwen looked suprised"But 'ow old IS tha'?" Pippin looked at her in surprise"What do you mean? 28 is 28 an' tha's a fact" "No where I come from fourteen is when you're a TEEN ager. You know irriesponisble stealing the" here Gwen paused wondering if she should say car or not. She decided against it"...ponies from the stables and takin' a wild night ride on 'em. Stealin' vegtables an' all. You know."
Pippin nodded and fell behind to talk to her "Yeah, 'ere I'm a counted as a tween. I have five more years before I become of age at 33, figure it out form there." Gwen calculated on her fingers "So tha' would make me your age...28. Cool I'm older'n Allura there."
Pippin shook his head " HER? nah she's about 40 45. SOmewher ein an' around there. Frodo there HE'S fourty nine, almost fifty in September." Gwen shook her head "FRODO? FIFTY. He looks like he's thirty." Pippin nodded "He'd be about tha' old to you. What is it like form where YOU'RE from" "Well for one thing people LOOK their age. They're startin' to grey around forty or so." "FORTY!!"Pippin exclaimed "Where're you from?" "I'll tell you later. Let's catch up to the others."
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 05-16-2002, 11:54 PM   #50
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex smiled. Gwen seemed to be getting along with the "hobbits" just fine. But she was the only tall person here. It made her kind of awkward feeling. She wondered how old she'd be in "shire reckoning"
"Pardon me," she said to the one called Merry. "I am seventeen. How old would I be in your time?"

"Why miss," said Merry. "It's 'ard to tell with elves, far as I know. You could be three thousand or you could b a 'undred."

"I see," said Lex.

"And what was your name?" Merry asked.

"Alexandria. But by my friends I am called Lex."

"And I," said the little hobbit, bowing lavishly, "Am Meriadoc Brandybuck. But by my friends I am called Merry."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-17-2002, 02:25 AM   #51
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Ellie stood off in the distance, watching her 3 companions talking with the hobbits. The shy girl that she was, she waited patiently for them to finish. As they moved off she began to follow them slowly, still astounded by the beauty surrounded her. Suddenly she was broken out of her reverie by a tap on the shoulder. Spinning around, she came face-to-face with the hobbit they had called Frodo. Quietly she asked, "What age do you think I would be?" He replied, "Oh, you look a bit older than your friend gwen... maybe about 31, 32." Ellie, looking behind her, realised that the others had vanished into the cornfields. "Dont worry," Frodo said as he saw her anxious face. "We'll catch up to them soon enough." He began to lead her through the cornfields to Farmer Maggots house, and Ellie started to talk about the beauty of the land surrounding them. Frodo sighed and said, "Yes, it is the loveliest place in the world. I wish never to leave it" Ellie wondered why he sounded so sad, but before she had time to ask him they were on the doorstep of Farmer maggots' house. Frodo opened the door for her and they followed the others to the living room.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 05-17-2002, 06:58 PM   #52
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Pippin took Allura to a chair placed before the fire. Farmer Maggot's wife came into room astonished to see two elves in home. "Well what have here?" But before any one cold answer her, she notice the wound on Allura's head. "Dear you had best have a seat. Let me have a look at that." She turned to Pippin, "Go an fetch some water." Pippin returned a few moments with some water and a towel. Taking the towel and wetting it, Mrs. Maggot began to clean the wound."It's not as bad as it seems. With a bit rest you should fine by tomorrow." Farmer Maggot finially asked, "So will someone tell me what you where doing in my fields?"

Old 05-17-2002, 09:44 PM   #53
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

"Ah well. Ummmmm Le's see." Pippin stammered "Ummmm. Ladies first ya know proper whatsit!" Mrs Maggot looked up from Alluras wound to Pippin"Why ye've never treated my girls like tha' Master Peregrin. Wha's changed yore mind all of a sudden like?" Pippin blushed."Well Ye know Mrs Maggot" He began as he started edging towards the table behind Gwen. There was water on it." These folks are elves an eveythin' an' we want to treat 'em nice like ye know." He replied as he picked up the water and walked over to the chair opposite Farmer Maggot, Mrs Maggot, and Allura. On his way he tripped on Gwens outstreached feet and fell with a thud. The water landed square in Gwens face. She and all the others begn laughing at Pippins unfortunate mistake. Gwen wiped her sleeve across her face and still chuckling began a story QUITE different from the true story.
"Well ye see Mr Maggot sir, my friends an' I were born outside of The Shire, in Bree ye know an' we've lived there all our lives an' all. Well Ellie an' I were born...outside of The Shire. We've been wantin' to see the birthplace of our parents for awhile so we made our way 'ere. We met up with THESE two just outside of the border." Here she pointed at Lex and Allura" We went on together quite nicely until we came across THESE two in yore feilds" Here the young girl pointed at Merry and Pippin who had been migrating nearer the door as she spoke." They were...were...um oh there's a word for it...They were takin' a stroll I guess not knowin' they were walkin' on your fields'. All of a sudden Allura 'ere tripped on a rock or somehting that rolle dout from beneath her feet and she fell backwards. Ellie an' I ran for 'elp were we met Frodo 'ere then we was met by you an' Lex an' Merry an' Pippin an' went on from there."
Ellie looked at Gwen wide eyed, Frodo also was staring at Gwen. He had SEEN them fall from heaven but had decided not to say anything until they knew each other better. Merry and Pippin were backing her story with vigurous nods and exclamations like "Oh yes. We were goin' for a stroll an' all. Ummm we like goin' over fields an' stuff so...Yeah." They smiled and continued nodding until a weird look from Gwen stopped them.
Allura and Lex didn't say anything. Lex was suprised that wen had said all that without so much as a blink of an eyelid but she knew that Gwen was protecting Both themselves AND their new hobbit friends from the certain wrath of Farmer Maggot.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 05-20-2002, 12:39 PM   #54
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: okay so they're both elves. Here's the change.

"An' lady elf, why were you in me garden?" said Maggot.

Lex had to think fast. What would two "elves" be doing walking through the shire?

"My friend Allura here had been wandering when she suddenly knew not where she was. I was in Bree, after having traveled from" what was the name of that elf city from the fairy tales? "Er, Rivendell. We met there and decided to travel together. I had never visited it, and thought that perhaps this would be the time to see it and therefore we came here. We perchanced upon your field and encountered the "hobbits"."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc

Last edited by Nariel Starfire : 05-22-2002 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:17 PM   #55
Michelle The Fair
Enting

OOC:Nariel Starfire, you may have to change some of post. Allura become an Elf. sorry if I didn't make that clearer.

Old 06-06-2002, 04:25 AM   #56
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Confused by this change of events, Frodo leaned over to whisper in Ellies ear, "So how did you REALLY get here?" Ellie grinned back at him and said, "believe me, I dont have the faintest clue and if I tried to explain it I'd just get us both confused." Then, seeing the eyes of her friends upon her she quickly turned to Farmer Maggot and halted the silence by inquiring, "Erm... what is it like living in the Shire. I've always wondered how it would feel not to be surrounded by people taller than you and looked down at." Distracted from his previous thoughts, Mr maggot started to talk. "Well, I really wouldn't have anything to compare it to, having lived in this house all my life, as did my father and his father..." He kept talking for over an hour and by the time he was finished the four girls were fast asleep in their chairs.

Old 06-28-2002, 06:18 AM   #57
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Michelle! Samwise! Nariel! Dont let this RPG die!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2002, 06:00 PM   #58
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

I um gotta go, I didn't know it was still running. I'l try to post tommorrow.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...