Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #61
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

And when everyone kneels they are all the same height
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #62
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
According to one of my mates in the scene when Frodo and Bilbo and Gandalf etc. leave Middle Earth Frodo as all his fingers back.
He must have found his finger lying around and super glued it back on.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:48 AM   #63
Telcontar_Dunedain

He should have poked Gollum in the eye with it!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #64
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Strider

In FOTR after Aragorn has killed lurtz he runs over to boromir, the ground he's running on is covered in dead orcs but as Aragorn runs past one of them it rolls on it's side to watch him

I wonder how PJ didn't notice something that big when he cut the film but trust me it is there.
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #65
Telcontar_Dunedain

I just watched it again today and saw that happen.

Old 09-12-2004, 05:49 AM   #66
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

I think the most irritating movie goof that i can't let go, no matter how many times i watch, is the sword that falls out of Eomers sheath, as he gets on to his horse, after speaking with the three hunters in two towers! Everytime it comes to that part im like... "watch, watch, his sword falls out and no one picks it up. He's riding away without his sword!!!!" That is my favorite sword to! Awsome design with the opposite side swivle headed pony heads on the hilt! My second most irritating movie goof is Rohirrim related as well, and its in the scean with Aragorn and Elrond speaking of Anduril. A wind blows after speaking of the paths of the dead and Theodens armor smashes into the ground. Full suit of armor crashing to the ground without a sound!!!!

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 AM   #67
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think there would have been a lot less bloopers if they hadn't computer animated every darned scene. (Many parts, I acknowledge, had to be animated, I just think they got a little carried away.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:46 PM   #68
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbarad of the Dunedain
I think the most irritating movie goof that i can't let go, no matter how many times i watch, is the sword that falls out of Eomers sheath, as he gets on to his horse, after speaking with the three hunters in two towers! Everytime it comes to that part im like... "watch, watch, his sword falls out and no one picks it up. He's riding away without his sword!!!!" That is my favorite sword to! Awsome design with the opposite side swivle headed pony heads on the hilt! My second most irritating movie goof is Rohirrim related as well, and its in the scean with Aragorn and Elrond speaking of Anduril. A wind blows after speaking of the paths of the dead and Theodens armor smashes into the ground. Full suit of armor crashing to the ground without a sound!!!!
Yeah, Eomer's sword falling out just cracks me up!

I'll have to look for that suit of armor crashing down, I didn't notice it.

ANd as far as the Frodo finger thing, I watched pretty closely, and I haven't found an error yet. Maybe he got the hand mixed up.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:58 AM   #69
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I think there would have been a lot less bloopers if they hadn't computer animated every darned scene. (Many parts, I acknowledge, had to be animated, I just think they got a little carried away.)
I agree, even though PJ did a pretty good job animating. When we got the extended Fellowship, we watched the 'Appendix A' disc that came with it and it said that the Fellowship was animated sometimes in Moria, not to mention other animated scenes...

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:07 AM   #70
Telcontar
Enting

Gimli's different actor

I tried searching the "archives", and I couldn't find any mention of a blooper for Gimli. Well, at least not this one. Has anyone noticed on the DVD that when Aragorn and Co. are at the Black Gate and Aragorn turns around to look at the group (I think it's this part) that Gimli is being played by a different actor? It's pretty obvious once you find it. Everytime I see that part, I can't help but look @ that b/c it's very distracting.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Old Kingdom Proverb
Kill Bill Volume 1)
Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:59 AM   #71
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

That was probably Bret Betie Gimli's scale double you can notice him quite a lot in all three movies if you look, he's normally in the fight scenes of just over other actors shoulders. where PJ oviously thought nobody would really notice.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:38 AM   #72
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I was watching FOTR last night (during ad breaks in CSI ), and I noticed a blooper! I hardly ever do so I'm chuffed.

Maybe someone already saw it but...

At the battle at Amon Hen, when the camera hogging Uruk-hai leader shoots Boromir, the second arrow mysteriously disappears and reappears.

The leader shoots him once in the left shoulder, and Boromir sucks it up and kills some orcs. Then the leader shoots him again in the left side. Boromir kills another orc, and you can distinctly see that only the arrow in his left shoulder is there. When the leader shoots him a third time, all three arrows are plain to see. My first blooper! Woo!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:53 PM   #73
Telcontar_Dunedain

On the Eomer dropping his spear thing. I thought that he did but when I watched it again, it looked to me like he just threw it up and caught it so it was in a position to throw.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #74
Manveru
Elven Warrior

ya that horse thing was sooo weird. i remember sitting there in theaters opening night and being like "what happened to the horses?" and the girl beside me was like "budget cuts." anyway this probably isn't classified as a blooper but in the two towers when aragorn, legolas, and gimli are chasing the uruk-hai, legolas says something like "the uruks turn northeast! They are taking the hobbits to Isengard!" It should be north-west, north-east would have taken them back up the anduin, in the direction of dol guldor. Also when they enter Edoras in Two Towers, in the shots facing gandalf he is using his staff, but in the shots from behind he is holding it down by his side. Also in Fellowship fo the Ring when the hobbits hide from the Ringwraith under the root, the wraith just appears out of the tree, you don't see him show up on the other side. Also in Two Towers in the scene after helm's deep when the main characters ride up and look towards mordor (besides the fact that they wouldnt be able to see mordor by looking in that direction) eomer isnt there, its his riding double or something, some guy is dressed up in karl urbans armour.
Where the shores are sheer and dim
He launched his bark like a silver spark
From the last and lonely sand;
Then on sunlit breath of day's fiery death
He sailed from Westerland
Manveru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #75
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Strider

there is another two towers blooper I've found after Helms deep there is a shot of eyowin giving aragorn a hug. this scene must of origionally been shot for when aragorn returns after going over the cliff because he is wearing his elven cloak, which he doesn't where in the battle, and his long black jacket thing with the ripped sleeve that he didn't where in the battle either. then later on the cloack dissapears again and then returns when you see a close up of aragorn looking at mordor.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #76
ItalianLegolas
Tolkien-aholic

Location: somewhere in the solar system... more specifically NJ...
in the RoTK, isn't there a car buried in the river near Osgiliath?
Old 12-31-2004, 02:18 AM   #77
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

in ROTK when Frodos finger is bitten off at first it is only the top joint of his finger but then it cuts away and the next time it is seen it is the top 2 joints

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #78
Wally
Hobbit

More PJ Mistakes

Sammath Naur/Gollum's Demise

The way Tolkien described the above is concise and 'accurate' so far as a fantasy can be. Once PJ and his two partners-in-crime got their grubby little hands on it in an ill-considered attempt to 'translate' it for the film, however, all such accuracy and "realism" was lost. For example:

1. Lava is hot, between 2000°F and 4000°F under the conditions we see. In an enclosed space like the Sammath Naur, the air temperature alone would have been hundreds of degrees, and the rock to which Frodo was clinging would have been so hot that Sam wouldn't have been able to hear his screams over the sizzling of his flesh. Also, the radiation emitting from the lava would have sufficed to roast Gollum on his way down.

Yes, Gollum was fixated on the ring, but I really doubt that falling into 2000°+ lava would have been so easily ignored, regardless of the attraction of the ring or anything else. No doubt the real effects of doing so were not included by PJ and crew in order to keep the PG-13 rating, but would at least a scream on Gollum's part have been so hard to include here for the sake of some realism?

2. Lava is also dense - with a density about 3 times that of water. It is also quite viscous, as you can see in the film. Hence, when Gollum's skinny little body hit its surface, it would have been like falling into wet cement. Gollum assuredly would not have sunk, but would have merely floated on the surface as he was quickly charred to ashes. The impact alone would either have killed him outright or at least knocked him unconscious, a merciful occurrence when falling into something that is at least 2000°F.

In short, here PJ and his accomplices pulled a typical hollywoodization of a situation, totally ignoring the physics of the events and not putting much thought into them other than for generating "suspense". Frodo's falling over the edge in the Sammath Naur is exactly like Aragorn's falling over the cliff in TTT - neither event is to be found in the book, and both are badly implemented for no better reason than they were PJ's 'vision' of Tolkien's work.

I give this whole scene a thumbs down.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #79
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I just can't spot that suit of armor falling over in ROTK when Aragorn is talking to Elrond - help! Where is it? What line of dialog is before it and where do I look?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #80
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

if i understand aright, it must be when they are in theodens tent at dunharrow, i havent seen this though, will have a look later
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote