Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2002, 01:43 AM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, I for one thought Sir Ian was pretty great in "X-Men". And in seeing some interviews with him, he is a well-mannered, genteel gentleman with humor and wisdom. I cannot think of another actor who would have put in the performance Sir Ian put in as Gandalf. I cannot wait to see him in Two Towers and Return of the King! [Okay, I can't wait to see EVERYTHING about Two Towers and Return of the King]

And he was very good in Gods and Monsters [first Oscar nom?]

EDIT NOTE 01/14/07: This quote "And he was very good in Gods and Monsters [first Oscar nom?]" is a total LIE. I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, said Ian McKellan was good in Gods and Monsters. This is something added at a later date by some jackass with admin/mod privileges to make my postion seem to be what it was not. I have never SEEN "Gods and Monsters", and from what I have heard, it is some movie about homosexuality, a film which I would have walked out on the moment the slant was apparent. Some politically correct pro-homosexual edited my comments to hijack my own credibility to make their own pro-homosexual point.

I am decidedly anti-homosexual [and if it gets you off to call me "homophobic", go right ahead], and this re-editing is an attempt to impose politically correct speech upon one of the most un-politically incorrect posters to have ever posted on Entmoot.

Ian McKellen is a wonderful actor, but someone using MY posts to promote a homosexual film to an audience with a lot of children in it is just sickening. If you wanted to praise this film, and Sir Ian's performance in it, why in the living hades didn't you have the guts to post your OWN opinion, in your OWN post, under your OWN moniker, and not hijack mine?

Ladies and gentlemen, please check your own posts as well: If they felt comfortable in distorting my opinions, then yours are not sacrosanct, and it may have happened to you as well...
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 01-15-2007 at 12:49 AM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote