Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #1
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Back to Middle Earth discussion thread

My friend, sicirus, and I were discussing a new RPG to make, and this is what we came up with. You can be either a person from here/now, a person from Middle-earth (not an actual character in LotR, but you can know them, and we probably will meet some of them), you can do both, but I would not recommend it if you want to keep from getting confused.

Jean and Keita’s parents, big fans of the Lord of the Rings, organized a Lord of the Rings convention on January 3, Tolkien’s birthday. They rented an old inn not far from their houses, in England. Then, they decorated it to look like the Prancing Pony. Amazingly enough, there was even a room on the first floor that had round windows. It turned out that it was at the site of the original Prancing Pony, renovated (I mean, the Third Age was a LONG time ago), but still very similar. One night, Keita notices a loose floorboard, and under it they find a red book, actually The Red Book. Somehow they are able to read Westron/the Common Tongue—whatever-you-want-to-call it—as well as they can read English, and they read about the journeys and adventured of Frodo and Bilbo as they really happened. They notice a similarity to the Lord of the Rings books. When they wake up the next morning, they look out the window and discover that they are no longer where they were when they went to sleep. They still have their own clothes, and everything else they had with them, but they are now in the real Prancing Pony, in Bree. It is January 4, 1450 (S.R.).

In the years 1451-1455 SR, Bill Ferny, his sons, and some other evil men came back to the Shire, destroyed it completely, and enslaved the hobbits. In 1454, knowing that the Shire would be destroyed, Sam’s daughter Goldilocks took the Red Book to Bree, so she could preserve a bit of hobbit history. On the way she met Radagast, the only wizard left in Middle-Earth. She told him about what was happening, and he enchanted the book to bring the reader back to the year 1450, the year before the Shire was invaded, hoping that they could prepare the hobbits, and prevent the invasion. The Red Book was finally hidden under a floorboard in the same room in the Prancing Pony where Frodo and his companions were supposed to sleep, where we discover it millennia later.

This is my character:

Name: Keita
female
Lives in: England = Britain
Hair: long, light brown
Eyes: blue
Height: tall
weight: medium
Is obsessed with the Lord of the Rings (esp. Faramir), books in general, horses, mythology, and fantasy.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 02-03-2004 at 09:47 AM.
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote