Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #41
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

In TTT, during the breach of the deeping wall one of the elf bowmen is firing in the background of a sword fight (aragorn). They forgot to add the arrow so he's firing an empty bow.

Credit "the boy" for finding that one.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:08 AM   #42
SamNotSoWise
Hobbit

Being a bearded man myself, here's one I noticed. All through the movies I'd been bothered by the wimpy beard Aragorn has. I figured maybe Viggo just couldn't grow a decent beard.

Then suddenly as they are crowning him king, he has a full, thick beard and looks very kingly, I must say.

Music Supervisor of Entmoot's "The Lord of the Rings"
SamNotSoWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #43
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by SamNotSoWise
Then suddenly as they are crowning him king, he has a full, thick beard and looks very kingly, I must say.
lol... Maybe he was using Anduril to trim it in the field. No, wait he didn't have it. How *did* he keep itthe same length all the time?
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 06-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #44
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, obviously he was getting an electric shock caused by static electricity when he donned the crown, and it caused all his hairs to bristle out, thus looking more "full" and kingly.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:27 PM   #45
Cirdan

Or maybe...: *Elrond's voice* "The fate of Aragorn's beard is tied to the Ring.."

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 06-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #46
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

LOL!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #47
Orli17
Elven Warrior

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #48
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by SamNotSoWise
Being a bearded man myself, here's one I noticed. All through the movies I'd been bothered by the wimpy beard Aragorn has. I figured maybe Viggo just couldn't grow a decent beard.

Well now, if the books can be trusted at all, Aragorn had a bit more than three months to grow his beard thicker from the battle before the Black Gate up to his wedding date.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #49
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
Or maybe...: *Elrond's voice* "The fate of Aragorn's beard is tied to the Ring.."
...which could explain why he wanted the Ring destroyed. Not to reclaim his long lost inheritage and realm but to finally have a beard to impress the missus with!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:15 PM   #50
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i always thought viggo looked better with little beard,
big beard make him not good looking at all!!
i may have to leave him and start worshipping someone else instead!! Any suggestions...?

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleMcM
During the charge of the Rohirrim, there is a close up shot of Eomer as he is reaching for his spear. It almost looks as if someone off camera is holding the spear for him to grab.
I assume that the rider next to him was holding it for him whilst he was blowing his horn or swinging his sword or something heroic like that...
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:46 PM   #51
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Don't forget that the entire quest to destroy the Ring appears to be over in about 2 weeks in the movie anyway.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #52
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf and Gimli were in the Golden Hall and the gaurd took their weapons. (Except for Gandalf's staff.) When the muster was caused, Gimli put his axe to Grima's throat, although his axe had been taken from him.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:26 PM   #53
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf and Gimli were in the Golden Hall and the gaurd took their weapons. (Except for Gandalf's staff.) When the muster was caused, Gimli put his axe to Grima's throat, although his axe had been taken from him.
Nope. No axe. He just looked down at him.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer

Last edited by Meriadoc Brandybuck : 07-20-2004 at 10:29 AM.
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #54
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Heh heh... nevermind. I just watched the movie and found out that Gimli didn't put his axe to Grima's throat.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 07-21-2004, 11:09 PM   #55
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Heh heh... nevermind. I just watched the movie and found out that Gimli didn't put his axe to Grima's throat.
Bet he wanted to though...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:13 PM   #56
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Ever notice that the Orc that says "He took a little tumble over the cliff" when Aragorn falls has about 3 metal bands screwed into his head?

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #57
The Nameless One
Hobbit

In the FOTR there is a scene where the Uruk-Hai are running over a log in the forests along the Anduin and there is a close up shot of their feet running over it. There are green glass shards on the log to give the proper sound of their feet running through the forest...it kinda sounds like leaves. I always notice this and laugh.
The Nameless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #58
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nameless One
In the FOTR there is a scene where the Uruk-Hai are running over a log in the forests along the Anduin and there is a close up shot of their feet running over it. There are green glass shards on the log to give the proper sound of their feet running through the forest...it kinda sounds like leaves. I always notice this and laugh.
Really? I never noticed that. I'll pay more attention next time.

Old 09-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #59
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

According to one of my mates in the scene when Frodo and Bilbo and Gandalf etc. leave Middle Earth Frodo as all his fingers back.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #60
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

In the scene where Aragorn is being crowned, when it shows Merry, Pippin, Frodo and Sam, they are all the same height, but Merry and Pippin should be taller then Frodo and Sam.