Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2000, 03:45 AM   #1
Niffiwan

Ever had a dream inspired by a game/book?

This topic was inspired from the one in the "Middle Earth" forum.
So, have you ever had a dream inspired by a book or game (virtual game)?
As for me, when they do happen, I usually don't remember them (I usually don't remember dreams at all nowadays).
Some that I remember most clearly are:
(book)
After reading Raptor Red for the second time (I must've read it 5 times by now), I had this dream about a sequel to the book; except that the dinosaurs could talk.
I was Raptor Red's mate in the dream. It was like a more civilized version; in the "sequel" the dinosaurs learned how to talk, and were moving ahead technologically.

(game)
After playing Loom (I forgot which time; I've probably played it about 60 times or so)... I heard a friend tell me during the day that they were making a sequel to it (I guess he didn't know that it was abandoned about 5 years ago (at the time) ).
Note: Loom is a fantasy game.
So anyway, in the dream I was Bobbin (main character from the game) in "Loom2", and I was running away from this huge advancing darkness. It was some kind of huge, terrifying monster. I was running away from it really fast. That's all I remember.

I don't usually get these kinds of dreams; the Raptor Red one was a gift, considering its length.

PS Admins, sorry that I posted this topic here; seemed like the most appropriate place for it...
Old 08-01-2000, 04:05 AM   #2
Johnny Lurker

Re: Ever had a dream inspired by a game/book?

I have had some Quake II dreams
Old 08-01-2000, 08:42 AM   #3
emilsson

I once had a dream inspired by Tad Williams´Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. It was just about me being trapped on an island, hunted by some evil warrior-like guys and their evil leader was called Pyrates.

I have also dreamt about playing the computer game Tie Fighter .
Old 08-01-2000, 01:25 PM   #4
noldo

Once I had a dream inspired by the book "The Beach". It was great. Me and my friends went to this totally deserted and remote paradise-island and started living there. It was a very nice dream but there was a lot of excitement into it as well. I remember me and my friend running through this dark jungle not knowing what was chasing us. There was something freaky going on... I can't remember what.
Old 08-03-2000, 08:46 PM   #5
Rambunctious Ugnaught

Just after readingg those romance novels..never mind.
Old 09-20-2000, 10:49 PM   #6
HarryPotterbookfan

I had a couple with Harry Potter chracters trying to kill me...
Old 09-21-2000, 01:42 AM   #7
Gilthalion

Miss Kitty jumped on me at 5:25 this morning, which is five minutes before my alarm was set to go off.

Being awakened in the midst of a dream is the best way to catch the fleeting memory of it.

Some folk actually set clocks to wake them just so that they can write down the dream. They keep dream diaries, and the longer you do it, the better you recall your dreams. This can lead to lucid dreaming, where you realize that you are in a dream and take command of it!

So they say...

Anyway, the cat woke me up and I was dreaming of ENTMOOT.

I've got to stop all this posting!
Old 09-21-2000, 05:18 AM   #8
Loopy

I actually had an LOTR dream once. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all the details, I just remember it was really weird and trippy. And I was Frodo.
Old 09-21-2000, 07:04 PM   #9
dunedain lady

Hey, cool, another person who's read Raptor Red!

I've had several dreams based on The Two Towers MUD, The Lord of the Rings, Wizard's First Rule, and other books I've read. I once had a really odd dream about The Glass Menagerie, since I was acting in the play at the time. I have also had some really bizzare computer-inspired dreams.
Old 09-21-2000, 08:21 PM   #10
Elbreth of Carhouth

Movies and books, yes. Not any games though. After reading a fantasy book I'll have a dream that will have something in it from the movie, not actually set in the movie. Like a relic, sword, ancient tree, etc. Actually I have had a dream that had to do with a game(s). Myst and Riven, two of the best games I've played. I've even designed my own Age with a link book and everything. I've taught myself their numerical system.
Old 09-21-2000, 09:51 PM   #11
arynetrek

i've had a couple LotR dreams - find the "ever have LotR-related dreams?" thread.

aha! another Wizard's First Rule fan! woo-hoo!

aryne *
Old 09-22-2000, 01:34 AM   #12
Grand Admiral Reese

I've had one dream with LotR characters in it, but I don't remember much about it now.

I've had a few Star Wars/Babylon 5 related dreams as well. They can be strange things.
Old 09-22-2000, 02:32 AM   #13
Finduilas

I often find myself in a Valdemar based dream (Mercedes Lackey is the author of the Valdemar books (at last count there were 27 books including books of short stories in the series). Never as a main character, but as a minor (non-existant) character.

When working on a story (usually as a school project) I find myself dreaming from my story.
Old 09-22-2000, 04:07 AM   #14
Aara Hakey

I not only have dreams about books and movies...I have dreams about my RPG characters. As Aara, I have roll played as a Jedi Knight turned General battling against the idiotic forces of one called Darth Tater. And of course my full-time occupation rollplay as the fair Lady of Camelot.
Old 11-20-2000, 03:09 AM   #15
SahanaElf

Way too often. I've had Star Wars dreams, ReBoot dreams, LOTR dreams, Shannara dreams, Zelda dreams (WAY too often... once I had a dream I was stuck in Ganondorf's body... ye-uck!), First Wave dreams (First Wave is my favourite TV show) and more... yikes...