Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2001, 12:57 AM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Howard Shore's score is beautiful.

http://www.soundtrack.net has a feature article with 30-second clips of every track on it.

It's beautiful

I haven't seen the score in context of the film yet, obviously, but judging from the score alone... this is one to remember. It will contribute to cementing the film as a classic, if the latter doesn't already do that on its own.

Memorable themes? Listen to the clip from "Many Meetings". (My favourite clip from the bunch.) This is the LOTR theme. And even by my standards, it's more than adequate. I already have it stuck in my head.

And to think that we've only heard small clips of the soundtrack. And that the soundtrack is only a truncation of the actual film score, which is about two-and-a-half times as long.

In the meantime, let's concentrate future discussion of the score here, as the soundtrack is being released within the next two weeks anyhow...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 12:58 AM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The exact link
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 11-06-2001, 12:28 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

I haven't downloaded clips from all the songs (I want my first experiance with the cd to be a special one!) but what I have heard is absolutely amazing. I think there are two ways to judge a film score: how well it works with the film, and how well it works on its own. Many great film scores lose some of their power when listened to without the visuals. However, the trully superior scores (Gladiator, Oh Brother, etc) are just as powerfull without the film. What I've heard so far of the LOTR soundtrack can trully stand on its own.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 02:26 PM   #4
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I want my experience listening to the Cd to be a special one as well, so I don't want to spoil it by listening to the 30 second clips, if your word is anything to go buy IP. What does everybody think of this in comparison to John Williams Harry Potter soundtrack?

Whats the difference between the Standard rings sountrack and the special one?
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 03:49 PM   #5
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

Strider

Wow. Tess listens to the sound clips over and over (and over ...).
The clips are beautiful!

John Williams is doing the "Harry Potter" music??!!!
Well, that settles that debate. I am definately going to go see the movie. Williams and a LotR trailer! Hoorah!
Old 11-06-2001, 03:51 PM   #6
Darth Tater
The man

Comic Book Guy, from what I've heard there's no comparison. Harry Potter score is just same old same old, and LOTR is just, well, wow!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 01:24 AM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
"Whats the difference between the Standard rings sountrack and the special one?"
The actual music content on the discs are the same. From what I've heard, the special one comes with a whole bunch of bonus stuff... pictures, information, nice packaging, similar stuff to the Star Wars Special Edition soundtracks from a few years back. Well not exactly the same, but hey.

I actually like the clips I've heard from the Philosopher's Stone soundtrack so far, though... Tater's right. No comparison. LOTR is going to be one of the legendary scores.

Old 11-09-2001, 02:08 AM   #8
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

For those of you with streaming connections:

ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK on streaming QuickTime broadcast.

GO HERE NOW

Old 11-09-2001, 05:48 AM   #9
easterlinge
Elven Warrior

AWESOME!!! My hair is standing on end from the "the Prophecy".....

KA WOW..........

I had to stop myself from listening to all the music, I want to save it for the movie.

There is no emoticon to describe my reaction to the music, alas!!
:awed :awed

Last edited by easterlinge : 11-09-2001 at 05:53 AM.
easterlinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:34 AM   #10
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I can't stop listening

Old 11-10-2001, 02:48 AM   #11
anduin
Entwife

Do you smell a Grammy?
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 12:01 AM   #12
Grand Admiral Reese
Sapling

Strider

I have the entire soundtrack on MP3. God it's beautiful. Grammy? I smell a Best Soundtrack Oscar...
Grand Admiral Reese is offline   Reply With Quote