Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Seven Evils [RPG]

Howdy all. As a select few of you know... I've started a wanna-be novel called "Seven Evils." And Pip and I have come up with an idea. We wish to start an RPG of the novel, with 5 other Mooters. I'll be more than happy to post everything we need... so, feel free to join!
---------
The main idea for the story is told in the title. “Seven evils.” A long time ago, there were seven guardians picked to guard against the evils that plagued the land of Kodanya. These evils are more commonly known as hate, greed, deceit, suspicion, fear, violence and death. (Hate leads to violence, violence leads to fear, fear leads to deceit, deceit leads to suspicion, suspicion leads to greed and greed leads to death.) Each race--Elf, dragon, human, satya, kostalya, lynethe and the nirav--is weak against a certain evil, making them very prone to it, and each are practically untouched by another evil. The first seven guardians had stones made of different precious gems, with a rune in their own language in it, and that is the one they are strong against (or in other words, the one they guard). But one guardian had ill intentions, and thus tainted the seals which were meant to be used as seals for the main center stone which holds a layer of each single seal and doomed his comrades. Each guardian slowly succumbed to the taints on their seals, and slowly became the monsters that they were meant to fight against. In a final retaliation, the seven sealed themselves away beyond the gates with the very magic used to create the entire thing. At one point, a small group of elves (seven to be exact) decide to gain an unknown power of some sort. Their purpose was to reopen the seals, not knowing what lay behind them. The warnings were written in each language, but the elves were too hasty, and continued on to the ‘temple’ for the ceremony. The stones recognized that their holders were not of the proper race, and something went awry. The first layer of the center stone shattered, releasing the first evil; hate. A war soon followed--the ‘disease’ had attacked the elves the strongest, they being the weakest against it and driving them mad with the alien emotion.

As if being called to their duty, a new group of guardians slowly make their way to meet in an Oceanside town, bringing them together. One of each race, some don’t get along with each other as well as they were meant to. The war had brought many ill feelings towards certain races.
----------
(It's worded poorly, so if they're are any questions, please kindly take them to the Discussion thread that Pip has set up. We'll be more than happy to answer them ^_^)

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #2
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Hullo Akai! *is giddy with excitement* hope people join!
-Pip

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Character Bios!

Name: Akuji
Race: Human
Appearance: Looks as if he is 21 years of age. Is of average height, 5'8" and has very strong arms, but not wide build. Short cut blond hair and dark brown eyes. Despite his history of war, he is virtually unscarred, except for a crescent shaped gash that runs down his left cheek.
Personality: Well spirited and rarely depressed. Finds a way to put humor in to the most dire times. Not often pessimistic, neither optimistic, but usually takes a factual point of view. (If you ask him if the pint is half empty or half full, he'll down it and tell you that it doesn't matter as long as it's ale)
Weapons: Akuji practiced fencing every day as a child for sport, then after many years of heavy labor he developed finely toned and strong arm muscles. When the Hatred first began to spread, Akuji switched his attention to a long sword, a weapon that had just been invented as a heavier sword made for actual combat. When the first war broke out his put his skills to use, parrying and lunging more than one normally would. His practiced paid off, and he survived the war unscathed by the Elves. He also has a natural affinity for white magic, something which he never really studied until his proficiency was recognized by a master in the art. His knowledge of it was still at an intermediate level when the war broke out, at which time he abandoned the study and went to fight.

Name: Istas
Race: Elf
Appearance: Crystal blue eyes and shoulder length, straight blonde hair. 5’7”, slim and fragile looking.
Personality : Calm and forgiving. Never shows any anger or any emotion really, fairly neutral most of the time. Patient and a quick learner. Very trusting; innocent and naive. Comes off as a very neutral person, not an introvert or an extrovert. Not easily angered, or unbelievably chipper either. Fairly level-headed and down to earth.
Weapons: Doesn’t know any other weapon than the bow, and occasionally applies her knowledge of magic. Uses her reasoning skills to better understand what attack she should use, and whether she should do anything at all. At first she doesn’t really realize that she has to fight to survive, but eventually the realization sinks in and she becomes a hardened warrior, calm and unperturbed during her fighting.

Name: Zeroun
Race: Satya
Appearance: Very Tall (6'7") Weighs 260 pounds but isn't wide due to his height. Has light brown/reddish hair and green eyes. His skin is well tanned with a clay like tint to it. He has more scars on his hands and lower arms than anywhere else.
Personality: Rough and strong willed person. Once he starts something, he never lets go until he finishes. Doesn't take much joking lightly, especially sarcasm. Speaks loudly, and almost always.
Weapons: A massive sword weighing 40 pounds, reaching 4 feet in length and one and a half feet in width. The blade has three large runes of a green tint on either side.

Name: Tarun
Race: Dragon
Appearance: Pure white scales cover most of Tarun’s body, except for the larger ones on his neck, stomach and chest, and the shielding ones that cover his front forelegs, and feet, as well as part of his back legs, which are all silver. Eyes of pure silver stand out like a pair of polished sword blades, and the thin membranes of skin that stretch out across his wings match his shielding scales. Claws and teeth are all razor sharp and never dull. Silver spikes scale from the back of his head down to the tip of his tail, with intervals of two feet between them.
Personality: Inquisitive and ever curious, as most young dragons are. Usually fairly serious, at least when there’s a need to be. Open-minded and excepting, he hardly ever carries a grudge against anyone, but after the war that changed. Now very untrusting towards creatures he does not know, for fear of his life. Doesn’t rush headlong into things, but rather thinks them through. Hates being hasty and rash if it’s avoidable. Would do anything to defend his friends, or his kin.
Weapons: Do you really need to ask? (Fire, claws, teeth, and elemental magic)

Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

fyi; I call Tarun!
-pip

Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #5
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Character Bios [continued]

Name: Valmair
Race: Nirav
Appearance: Stands roughly 5'7" and weighs 200 pounds. Has black fur all around him and a yellow pair of eyes. His teeth are wickedly sharp and pure white, and the claws in his paw/hands are a contrasting black.
Personality: Is a "lone-wolf" type of person, keeps to himself and takes care of himself. Has a very aggressive attitude but ironically doesn't have a bad temper. Is greatly loyal to what he calls "his pack," whoever that may be.
Weapon: Carries a long and spiked mace with long indents in the handle to fit his claws in to, giving him a much better grip. Valmair carries a large shield in his other hand, sufficient for blocking most blows until a good opening for attack comes. When need be, he will use a pair of poisonous, spiked knuckles that fit perfectly on both his hands. While he uses these knuckles, Valmair is much more free to cast his spells.

Name: Rhiannon
Race: Lynethe
Appearance: 5'5", Fairly slender, lean muscles, almost a wiry sort of look. Acidic green eyes and straight red hair that falls just below her shoulders. Dark skinned and nearly as graceful as the elves. Usually hides her features under a veil or hood of some sort. Really sarcastic.
Personality: Fairly friendly, but very edgy when she first meets people. Grows uncomfortable under the "spot light" or around large groups of people. Trustworthy, but untrusting. Easy to anger on certain subjects (past, alliances etc), and quick to start a fight (and I don't mean word fight, lol)
History: Ten spikes, each ten inches long, from tip to end of hilt. Hilt consists of a four inch extension wrapped for grip, ad ends where a plate sticks out and curves downward into four miniature spikes, each about 2 inches long and half an inch in diameter. Main spike is hollow and is etched with runes in a spiraling pattern. It’s six inches long, and an inch and a half in diameter. Always sharp, and cursed too, by the way.

Name: Nakia
Race: Kostalya
Appearance: Sky-blue tinted skin, with light violet eyes and thick curly black hair that falls at about her mid-back. 6’2”, feminine features, appears to be more fragile than Istas, but only appears.
Personality: Always incredibly cheerful. Full of laughter. Has a good humor and rarely ever gets angry with anyone. Never seen depressed, and always smiling. Very eccentric and stubborn in her beliefs. Good natured, even when in one of her rare arguments.
Weapons: Magic of course, and when that fails (which it rarely ever does) she resorts to using her shurkins (throwing stars) and two thin bladed daggers.

(All Bio's are modifiable, lol. Feel free to change what you feel needs to be, but be sure to notify either Pip or myself...)

Oh yea, one last thing. Some of them don't get along with each other very well... Here's the list!

Friends

Rhiannon = Tarun; Akuji; Valmair
Akuji = Rhiannon; Zeroun; Valmair
Istas = Nakia
Zeroun = Akuji; Valmair
Tarun = Rhiannon; Nakia
Valmair = Zeroun; Rhiannon; Akuji
Nakia = Rhiannon; Istas; Zeroun; Tarun; Valmair

Neutral

Rhiannon = Istas; Zeroun
Akuji = Tarun; Istas; Nakia
Istas = Akuji; Zeroun; Tarun; Valmair
Zeroun = Rhiannon; Istas; Nakia
Tarun = Akuji; Istas; Zeroun
Valmair = Tarun; Nakia
Nakia = <blank>

Dislikes

Rhiannon = Nakia
Akuji = <blank>
Istas = Rhiannon
Zeroun = Tarun
Tarun = Valmair
Valmair = Istas
Nakia = Akuji

(I'll post anything else in the discussion thread, if anyone has requests... --including pictures of the runes and whatnot, as well as homelands and a kindergarten style map )

Old 01-01-2004, 06:43 PM   #6
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

and I think I shall claim Rhiannon... since I seem to favor her... ::grins sheepishly:: Sorry all, can't help it!

Old 01-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Me.. I'd choose Nakia. I'll help w/ a map[once my scanner starts working] I drew a relatively accurate lotr map for my 7th grade game project. just PM me what it looks like.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #8
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
You guys took everyone I wanted to be at first! It was funny, I was scrolling down the list, thinking 'I'll be the Dragon! ...Ok, I'll be the Lynethe! ...Or the Nirav! ...Just kidding, I guess I'll be the Elf.' heehee!

I'm Istas. You guys just don't want me to be something other than my usual elf maiden, do you?
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

teehee, the thread isn't closed anymore! fyi, the thread isn't middle-earth related, so we have to make it so. Its in mIddle-earth now, lol.
-pip

brash ti rhoh 90 sec rule!

Old 01-02-2004, 04:13 PM   #10
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

i call valmair. im guessing hes broad in the shoulder aswell?
Old 01-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #11
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

suppose so. So we still need Ajkuji, the man and Zeroun the satya. I think i'll go recruit gulio, she might like Zeroun.
-pip

Old 01-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #12
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Pippin, you fool of a Took! Clean out your blasted PM box! I can't talk to you! Either that or get on AIM. *stares down the bridge of her nose at pip*

I'm think I might have someone for Akuji... hehe. I'll get back to you all. Oh yea! I'm tryin' to set up the site Kalile suggested... (At least I think it was Kalile)

Old 01-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sorry pal, my pm box is all funktified, its broken. i clean it out everyday, and everyday I get an e-mail saying it is full! *sigh* I'll get on aim tho. I msged aewionen and asked ifshe and gulio wanted to join, I think gulio might like Zeroun, due to his dwarf-like qualities.
-pip

Old 01-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #14
Legoles

pip I had that problem too. Go to your message box, and go to received messages, and erase.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-02-2004, 11:01 PM   #15
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I still can't figure it out. Anywho, we still need 2 players, Akai got one of her friends who helped her witht he story and he said he might join up.
-pip

Old 01-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #16
Legoles

Pip go to message tracking in the folder section in hte righthand corner, and delete.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #17
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ok, thanx leggy, i think I actually got it now.
-pip

Old 01-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #18
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Could I be Zeroun, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...meh I'll put this post in the other thread in case it's not seen here.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #19
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Earloth, if you wish to be Zeroun, then by all means... Please do! ::grins:: Now all we hafta do is find a person to be Akuji and we're set... for the most part... I gotta find out if I forgot to tell you all anything... ::sits down in her chair and ponders for a while::

Old 01-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #20
Legoles

Me finds one thing wrong. It says Nakia and Rhiannon are friends, but in dislikes you put rhiannon diskiles Nakia? What is wrong w/ this piccy?

PADFOOT LIVES!