Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2001, 02:42 AM   #1
Elbreth of Carhouth

Anyone ever broken a toe before?

I did, just yesterday morning. I was late for the bus, so I was in a hurry. There's this box of books, which means it's heavy, sitting by the door of my room. I was wearing those lovely toe-socks with all the bright colors, so my toe were vulnerable. While running past, I managed to catch the baby toe of my right foot on the corner of the box. At first I'd though I'd just stubbed it really hard. I still went to school, and it got really swollen, so I took some anti-inflamitories. Then I went to the gym with our youth group and played basketball. When I got home late last night, I finally took a look at it. It's black, purple, blue, green, and red! So I have a very colourful, very sore toe. I couldn't walk on it for the first few hours of school, but then it got better. I think I just set it back though.
Anyway, that's my stupid thing lately.
Old 01-21-2001, 03:02 AM   #2
Bullroarer

Re: Anyone ever broken a toe before?

I was carrying a heavy table, stupidly, without my shoes on. The other person drops his end unexpectedly nad I can't hold the whole thing up myself.

SMASH

I have a fake big left toe. I don't like to talk about it.
Old 01-21-2001, 04:02 AM   #3
Spock1

Eoc. Doesn't sound like you broke the toe. Believe me; I've broken two on separate occasions; you'd know if it were broken and you wouldn't be walking around on it the same or the next day.
Old 01-21-2001, 04:19 AM   #4
Johnny Lurker

Broken toes? Sure.

Not my own, though :P

(Just kidding... I usually break peoples' legs, arms, wrists, etc...)
Old 01-21-2001, 04:25 AM   #5
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: Broken toes? Sure.

I was thinking it was only a fracture, not a real break. It sure looked broken, it was really swollen.
Part of the reason I think I could walk on it is because I have flat feet. That means I have no arch in the bottom of my feet at all, and as a result my feet/ankles roll inward as I walk. So I'm not actually walking on it. That's my excuse.
Old 01-21-2001, 07:48 PM   #6
Johnny Lurker

Flat feet suck.

NT
Old 01-21-2001, 08:38 PM   #7
Ghost of Gilthalion

Re: Flat feet suck.

Now the Mrs is making fun of my feet. We were just reading the thread...

She and the painter (picture Gomer Pyle) were moving our heavy glass table top in the dining room. Naturally, it landed on her toe, which didn't quite break. The toenail looks terrible. It may be lost.

I was very sympathetic (packing her toe in ice when I got home and giving her the only relief she'd had from the pain), but probably shouldn't have remarked that at least the toe will heal.

The glass top would be hard to replace.

[c] OWWWWWW! (That was me, not the Mrs.)[/c]

Sorry about the toe, Bullroarer. That makes sports difficult. Not to mention most everything else.
Old 01-22-2001, 03:11 AM   #8
Tar Melian

Elbereth

I can't tell you how many times I've done that! It sure does hurt! My pinky toes have permanent little hunch backs because of the numerous times I've hit them. The good news is...next time you do that, you won't have to wear toe socks...your toes will be colorful enough!
Old 01-22-2001, 05:57 AM   #9
Elanor

Re: Elbereth

Ouch, Elbreth!

I've never broken a toe, but my brother "Gimli" has had very bad luck with his, especially on holidays, for some reason. Several years ago he was sent to get the 40 lb turkey from the outdoor freezer for Thanksgiving dinner, and dropped it square on his big toe. It turned black and the nail fell off, but it got better. Then this Christmas he got one of those new scooters, was riding it around the house in bare feet, caught the same toe between the rear wheel and the brake, and ended up in the emergency room getting stitches all over it.
Old 01-22-2001, 02:13 PM   #10
X Rogue

Re: Elbereth

Nope, but I did break an ankle once. Curiously enough, that didn't hurt as much as some occasions when I have badly stubbed my toe. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact I was forcibly immobilized by the ankle. But I hope your toe gets better quickly-injuries to feet are among the most annoying know to man(or hobbit)
Old 01-22-2001, 10:27 PM   #11
Bullroarer

na...

I can still bowl (and quite well)
Old 01-23-2001, 06:22 PM   #12
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: na...

Your sympathy is much appreciated. I've always been a quick healer, my toe already has that annoying half-ichy-half-painful sensation you get when a wound starts healing.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:04 PM   #13
Darth ATAT

I did much better than a toe!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:32 AM   #14
easterlinge

I broke my big toe on a heap of steel i-beams.... I was fond of leaping, you see, so I tried leaping over the beams...... and snagged my right big toe.

It was swollen, blackish, bluish for 3 weeks.....

Ouch.....

I'm still fond of leaping, but I'll pick less hazardous things to leap over now.

Old 07-13-2001, 01:39 AM   #15
Johnny Lurker

Heh...

I busted mine up real good. Kicked a great big chunk of ice with ****py sneakers after not trimming my toenails for a long time.

Not broken, but the toe got infected and started secreting stuff that smells like Death. Treated that with antibiotics, removed the nail... the new one's sorta growing back (it's really screwed up in shape), but hasn't finished yet.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:37 AM   #16
Shanamir Duntak

Re: Heh...

Really had to go in details?
Old 07-15-2001, 01:59 PM   #17
GlaurungTheGold

i've never broken a bone in my life, the worst i came was spraining my left thumb and right ankle really bad... actually, the right ankle was about a week before my 8th grade graduation so i had to walk up there on crutches
Old 07-15-2001, 08:30 PM   #18
Shanamir Duntak

One day, I fell 25 foot. I did not broke anything... My nose was bleeding like hell thought...
Old 07-15-2001, 08:44 PM   #19
anduin

You must have a big nose to sustain that fall.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:59 PM   #20
Darth Tater

Me and a friend were up about 20 feet on a tree, planning to scare our sisters. There was a rope tied to his belt and I was holding it. The belt broke and he fell through the branches (it was a fur tree) all the way to the hard ground. He was fine, but upset about the belt