Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
gdl96
the greg the admin

When are you seeing ROTK?

I'm assuming most of us are going on Wednesday, and some of us even going to the midnight showing. However, life sucks for me, and I cannot go until THURSDAY!!!!

THURSDAY!!!!!!!

aRRGGG!!!

This happened last year too because our winter concert is always on the same day. Ben and I tried to work it out to see it in between school and band, but we don't think we'll have enough time. And midnight showing? Neither of our parents would be very happy with us coming home at 4 in the morning. So that leaves Thursday. We did this last year, and it's just not nearly as fun as I would assume it is on opening day. Bah. But at least we're going with friends and such.

So when are you guys seeing it?
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
thranduil
Elven Warrior

12:20
so third showing
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Re: When are you seeing ROTK?

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
I'm assuming most of us are going on Wednesday, and some of us even going to the midnight showing. However, life sucks for me, and I cannot go until THURSDAY!!!!

THURSDAY!!!!!!!

aRRGGG!!!

This happened last year too because our winter concert is always on the same day. Ben and I tried to work it out to see it in between school and band, but we don't think we'll have enough time. And midnight showing? Neither of our parents would be very happy with us coming home at 4 in the morning. So that leaves Thursday. We did this last year, and it's just not nearly as fun as I would assume it is on opening day. Bah. But at least we're going with friends and such.

So when are you guys seeing it?
I'll probably go with some friends on 27-DEC-2003.

FYI. If anyone has AAA membership (in the USA) you may wish to check about getting discounted movie tickets.

$5.00 & can be used in any viewing with the following caveat: Only good for shows that have been in the theatre more than 10 days. (so I couldn't use the tickets for Gigli )

You will need to check all the details, but it is IMO worth investigating.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

We have our tickets for Wednesday, the 10:30 showing. I have a prior commitment to sing Christmas Carols with my barbershop chorus earlier in the evening. I wanted to get in on those Tuesday marathon tickets, but they sold out an hour after they went on sale here.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:57 PM   #5
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Re: Re: When are you seeing ROTK?

Quote:
Originally posted by mithrand1r
$5.00 & can be used in any viewing with the following caveat: Only good for shows that have been in the theatre more than 10 days. (so I couldn't use the tickets for Gigli )
Yeah - but would you REALLY have paid five bucks to see 'Gigli'???
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Christmas break sometime, probably near when it comes out. I want to go when the audience is still full of hardcore book and/or movie fans. They're just better at watching movies.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #7
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

I'm in our city's TORn line party and will see it at 12:00 Midnight a week from Wednesday.

I'll probably see it again on Friday and Sunday too.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Wednesday, 09.00 (second showing). Skipping school that day. Too bad I didn't get premiere tickets, even though I slept in queue.

Last edited by Falagar : 12-08-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:04 PM   #9
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

I probably won't see it until at least about December 27th myself. Before that, it'll be tough between the job, the family and Christmas shopping. Plus, I generally don't see anything when it opens... it's good to learn patience (actually - I don't like fighting a mob - and I like a good seat - center and just a few rows back from the front - no obstructions and the screen fills my view).

I may even have to wait until after the New Year (I went to TT the second weekend last year and it was still packed). Another issue is finding someone to go with, because my wife is NOT interested. For FOTR, I rounded up a group of 7-8 friends (tried for 9 ) - Saw TT alone the first time, and went with a couple other guys to see it again in Feb or March.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #10
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

i have no idea!! last year me, my brother, and several of his friends left straight from school for a showing at about... 4 i think. that could end up happening again this time, but i really dont know. i kind of don't want to go opening day because i think i'm going to end up having homework then, seeing as how my last day of school before christmas break is the 23rd! grr... craziest christmas schedule ever, but that's a different story.

so, yeah, no idea when i'm gonna be seeing this one.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #11
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Midnight Show to keep the tradition going from the two previous years
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #12
Millane
The Dude

10 am is the first showing when i can see it... ON BOXING DAY THE 26TH OF DECEMBER
Old 12-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #13
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Midnight Show to keep the tradition going from the two previous years
Same here! Ahhh...can't wait! Even if it isn't that great, I am dying to see it.
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #14
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Wednesday, December 17th- 4:30pm showing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:35 PM   #15
Pimpernel
Enting

Seeing as I'm still attending high school, I won't be attending the midnight showing, but I will go Wednesday, no matter what. Even if I have to walk for lack of car and driver..
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Pimpernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #16
Silpion
Elven Warrior

I will not be seeing ROTK until December 27th. I am supposed to see it together with a family member who is not currently on the same continent. I am trying to negotiate an agreement where we will see it on the same day (waaay before the 27th) even if we aren't seeing it physically together.
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:44 PM   #17
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I'm going the 17th, 4PM. I would do a midnight showing, but I can't because of my job (I'm supposed to be on-call then). I'm dragging my wife along, but she doesn't mind because we get the night off from work. The theater I'm going to totally sucks, though.
"WHERE? WHERE?"
"Oh. Well, it blazes up from a crimson-sheathed visage brooding darkly above the haunted towers of impotent indignity which, like melons hovering unhappily over lifetimes of empty meaning which-"
"THE ADDRESS!"
"Oh. Oh, I didn't notice. But look for a brooding, glaring trail of cosmic fury rising from a crimson-sheathed visage-"
They lead him back to his car, and send him on. -- Philip K. Dick

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -- Diderot
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:09 PM   #18
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I've got my tickets and I'm seeing it on the 26th December at 1:20 PM. The ROTK comes out on the 26th here, drat it. And since that's the day after Christmas, the people I'm going to see the film with want to sleep in, so I have to wait till the afternoon.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:59 PM   #19
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

The regular screening of ROTK won't be shown in Manila 'til january 9th owing to that darned film festival we have every december which prevents people from watching foreign quality films during that time. And so, almost every other group is lining up to show "special advance screenings" of ROTK.

Our group, The Philippine Tolkien Society, will be sponsoring one such screening on Dec. 22nd and the tickets were sold out a day after we got them (500). However, I'll also be watching a special show on the 19th by another group. heheh.

I plan to watch ROTK at least 3 times to help fulfill my vow to watch:

Three viewings for Return of the King under the sky
Seven for The Two Towers and its walls of stone
Nine for Fellowship of the Ring doomed to make you cry
One Extended Edition Marathon to rule them all
One Extended Edition Marathon to follow
One Extended Edition Marathorn to bring them all
And in the DVDs play them
In the DVD player where Special Features lie...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 12-09-2003 at 01:20 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #20
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I will go as soon as I can, who knows when that will be! I'd like to ditch the kids and take my husband with me.......actually, I'd like to go with Elvet! (but she lives in Canada)

I'd enjoy going with any of you excellent and admirable Mooters! Well.....except the ones that don't like the movies.

Last edited by Lizra : 12-08-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote