Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2001, 04:59 PM   #1
galadriel1

Mythodea - theme music for NASA`s 2001: Mars Odyssey.

For all of you Space nuts and music lovers! Check this out! Classical and opera meets new age in a cool, mystical place. And this music has been designated by NASA as the theme music for the recently launched NASA Mission, 2001: Mars Odyssey. Awesome!
VANGELIS MYTHODEAMusic for the NASA Mission: 2001 Mars OdysseyAlbum In Stores Fall 2001exclusively on Sony Classical
On June 28, 2001, Oscar-winning composer Vangelis' epochal composition, Mythodea, will be performed at the ancient Temple of Zeus in Athens, the first concert ever to take place at this historic site. The concert will feature performances by world-renowned sopranos Kathleen Battle and Jessye Norman, the London Metropolitan Orchestra, the National Opera Choir of Greece, twenty percussionists, and Vangelis on electronic keyboards. The event, which will also be filmed for television and broadcast worldwide during the fall of 2001, is being presented by the Hellenic (Greek) Ministry of Culture, in conjunction with the Hellenic Cultural Heritage Society, the entity responsible for the organization of the Cultural Olympiad. Mythodea has been designated by NASA as the theme music for the recently launched NASA Mission, 2001: Mars Odyssey.
Mythodea has been recorded for CD, which, in addition to the concert on DVD and VHS, will be released by Sony Classical in the fall of 2001.
© 2001 Sony Music Entertainment All Rights Reserved
Old 07-19-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
galadriel1

Re: Mythodea - theme music for NASA`s 2001: Mars Odyssey.

Aw darn it! My paragraphs never work between this darn webtv system and ezboards. The only way I can make paragraphs is to use html and since it`s not available to use on this board, I cannot do so. If one of you admins. or mods. has some time, could you please edit my post and make it so there are new paragraphs where I have the arrows? That way, the text isn`t all jumbled together. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! -Galadriel
Old 07-19-2001, 09:51 PM   #3
juntel

hmmm... i'm missing the first 3 movements...

Ahhh! Vangelis... still strong after all these years, since l'"Apocalypse des animaux" and even before...

(while others, like JM Jarre and Oldfield have faded since long...)
Old 07-19-2001, 09:52 PM   #4
galadriel1

Thanks for the effort, Tater. But I meant to split the places I had marked into separate paragraphs with space between each so everything wasn`t just one whole big text. No biggie. Don`t worry about it. Thanks anyway. Appreciate it. Why don`t you guys just institute the html option under post options when you`re replying to a post? It doesn`t take much to do so and each poster can decide for themselves if they want to use it or not. Most boards provide the option. Just curious.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:03 PM   #5
anduin

It poses a security problem....or so I'm told.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:08 PM   #6
juntel

[maybe not the formatting you intended, but here goes...]

"For all of you Space nuts and music lovers!

Check this out!

Classical and opera meets new age in a cool, mystical place.
And this music has been designated by NASA as the theme music for the recently launched NASA Mission, 2001: Mars Odyssey.

Awesome!

VANGELIS MYTHODEA

Music for the NASA Mission: 2001 Mars Odyssey

Album In Stores Fall 2001 exclusively on Sony Classical

On June 28, 2001, Oscar-winning composer Vangelis' epochal composition, Mythodea, will be performed at the ancient Temple of Zeus in Athens, the first concert ever to take place at this historic site.
The concert will feature performances by world-renowned sopranos Kathleen Battle and Jessye Norman, the London Metropolitan Orchestra, the National Opera Choir of Greece, twenty percussionists, and Vangelis on electronic keyboards.

The event, which will also be filmed for television and broadcast worldwide during the fall of 2001, is being presented by the Hellenic (Greek) Ministry of Culture, in conjunction with the Hellenic Cultural Heritage Society, the entity responsible for the organization of the Cultural Olympiad.

Mythodea has been designated by NASA as the theme music for the recently launched NASA Mission, 2001: Mars Odyssey.
Mythodea has been recorded for CD, which, in addition to the concert on DVD and VHS, will be released by Sony Classical in the fall of 2001.

© 2001 Sony Music Entertainment All Rights Reserved "
Old 07-19-2001, 10:14 PM   #7
juntel

yep, security problems...

some javascript could still be embedded and do not so nice stuff...
Old 07-19-2001, 10:41 PM   #8
Johnny Lurker

Heh heh heh...

*twiddles his thumbs and whistles innocently*
Old 07-20-2001, 06:23 AM   #9
galadriel1

Hey thanks Juntel. Perfect! I still don`t get the security problems or whatever with html. None of the other boards have problems with it. Totally confused! Whatever. Geez, I forgot about JMJ. That`s a name I haen`t heard in years!
Old 07-20-2001, 03:49 PM   #10
Shanamir Duntak

Javascripts is the thing that do pop-ups. strong language, you can do many things with it. If it's allowed here, you'll see spammers poping-up us to death....