Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 01:26 AM   #1
Ulmo
Enting

Search Engine

There is no administrative or help forum here?

Anyway, the forum search engine is not working for me. No matter how many words I enter, I get the following message:

Quote:
The search term you specified (led) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
As with every Tolkien forum, there are undeniably some threads about Led Zeppelin lyrics and I was going to direct the present discussion to some of the older threads.

Thanks.

...take counsel with thyself, and remember who and what thou art.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:43 AM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Re: Search Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulmo
There is no administrative or help forum here?

Anyway, the forum search engine is not working for me. No matter how many words I enter, I get the following message:

As with every Tolkien forum, there are undeniably some threads about Led Zeppelin lyrics and I was going to direct the present discussion to some of the older threads.

Thanks.
You need to leave out the term "led" since any single word can not be less than 4 characters. Just do a search on zepplin. Since Led Zepplin is a band - it should be in the entertainment forum. Hope this helps.

Searching on "Zepplin" I came up with several threads, including two led Zepplin threads in relation to Lord of the Rings...

Led Zepplin: Lord of the Rings Books Forum
Led Zepplin Middle Earth Forum

General discussion of Led Zepplin should be done in the Entertainment Forum though.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-12-2003 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yup! Listen to JD.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-12-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol, no offense, but this is the dumbest thread ever

If it says no words can be under "4 letters", then simple logic would tell you that "led" cannot be used, lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 10-12-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
gdl96
the greg the admin

Because Led Zeppelin rules so so much, the questionable ignorance of the question shall be overlooked.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
Because Led Zeppelin rules so so much, the questionable ignorance of the question shall be overlooked.
Well Greg, they're not the Moody Blues, so I'm closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread