Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #1
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Is the Sil project done?

Is the Sil project a done project?

Why I ask is because we are getting a bit behind. Durin1 has agreed to do chapter 14, but I have not heard anymore from him.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #2
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

Which one? Ancanar? I think it is done...they are just looking for a distributor.

Note: That was not an actual quote from J.R.R. Tolkien's novel!
Pippin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pippin Skywalker
Which one? Ancanar? I think it is done...they are just looking for a distributor.
I'm sorry, I really didn't give enough info in my post. I mean the project going on in this forum Pippin.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-09-2003, 01:10 PM   #4
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I don't think it matters so much if we're lagging a bit. The discussions on a new chapter is most lively the first few days, and then it slows down. The last post on chapter 13 was posted 19/9, two weeks before chapter 14 was due.

Last edited by Artanis : 10-09-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:55 PM   #5
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yeah, your probably right. I hope Durin1 puts it up soon though, so that it doesn't colide with the due date for chapter 15.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, no matter what happens, I'll be posting my Maeglin ch. intro on the assigned date. I've worked too long on it not to post it! Let's give Durin another day or two, then re-reassign it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:37 PM   #7
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I'm just hoping that if Durin can't do it, that it can be re-assigned. It already was a re-assignment. I am still trying to re-assign my chapter "Of The Coming Of Men Into The West" and there have been no takers.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-10-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
azalea
Long lost mooter

What about Sween? He said he wanted one.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:20 PM   #9
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I PMd Durin1. He has not been on the board since the 6th. I told him we will wait until the 13th and then I will try to re-assign ch.14 again.

Btw, we have a member that has been around for awhile lurking, but hasn't posted much. His name is "Iluvatar," and he has offered to take ch. 17, "Of the Coming of Men Into the West."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-12-2003, 12:58 PM   #10
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Chapter 15, at least, will be coming in on schedule. By me.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #11
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus
Chapter 15, at least, will be coming in on schedule. By me.
Thank you Attalus.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-13-2003, 07:19 AM   #12
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I wouldn't mind doing another chapter, but I have done two chapters already. It's not that I don't want to do another one but I want to give others a chance to do one as well.

But if there's a chapter that really needs to be re-assigned and there are no takers, I'll gladly take it up. (given a little time for research of course)

Anything to keep the project going. There's too much fun and deep thinking to be had on this.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #13
Durin1
Elven Warrior

I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate on this board for a while, but some unexpected commitments and issues in the (not so) real world have kept me away for a couple of weeks.

As a result, I have not had much chance to look too much into the assignment (which I apologise for and am sorry about ). However, I have now done some reading and light research and should be ready quite soon. I should have posted my stuff on 18th - if that's ok?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:42 AM   #14
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Durin1
I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate on this board for a while, but some unexpected commitments and issues in the (not so) real world have kept me away for a couple of weeks.

As a result, I have not had much chance to look too much into the assignment (which I apologise for and am sorry about ). However, I have now done some reading and light research and should be ready quite soon. I should have posted my stuff on 18th - if that's ok?
You don't have to feel bad about it Durin, I expected to have some delays. It is a long and difficult project, and at its end, will be two years or so in completion. I must say, I am pleased at how far it has come considering the complexity and time it consumes for members to do their research. They have been a dedicated lot, so no worries. Here's how I think we'll do this from now on folks. When a chapter becomes extensively late in being posted and runs into the date for the next chapter, I will just stick them both to the top of the page. Durin will have chapter 14 ready on the 18th, that would only allow for 6 days of discussion. Attalus will post chapter 15 on the 24th, so we will have two chapters up to discuss. I will then unstick chapter 14 after two weeks. This way, we stay on schedule and every chapter gets its time in. Aren't I clever? Anyway, Durin, looking forward to your introduction.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-17-2003, 02:30 PM   #15
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yay! Great idea, Sis!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #16
Attalus

Seen and noted. The 24th, it is.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:19 PM   #17
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

So, where is ch. 14? It's now Oct. 21st!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:29 PM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
So, where is ch. 14? It's now Oct. 21st!
Good question. I haven't heard anything more from Durin1. He indicated that he had some real life things to attend to, but would try to post the chapter, by the 18th, which has come and gone. I hope all is well with him. If he can post it at anytime from now until the due date of chapter 16, then I will just have 14 and 15 stuck to the top of the page, on 15's discussion time. If however, 14 does not get posted in this time, it will be a skipped chapter in the project, and we will just go on to chapter 16. That's all I can think of to do, and still keep the assignments on schedule.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #19
Attalus

Expect Chapter 15 tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #20
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus
Expect Chapter 15 tomorrow.
Looking foward to it Attalus.

Travel and Tourism Guide