Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-26-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Mooters!

Fim looked around when she heard the approaching footsteps. Around the corner came what appeared to be an elf.

"Hello, are an elf? I am entwife but then I suppose that would be being hasty woudn't it?" Fim asked.

"I suppose it would. Yes I am an elf. My name is Legoles but you may call me Ivy." Ivy told Fim.

"Tell me why it is that so many of you walk in my forest now? Just the other day I saw three dwarves two hobbits and an elf. That's normally more than I see in a decade."

"My dear entwife you must be living under a rock. Surely you know of the evil that has been growing in the south?"

"I felt somthing change in the earth long ago but I didn't know what it was. Now that I do...you have more friends like your self yes?"

"Why yes I do."

"Bring all your friends and all your friends friends to this place in two days time then Ivy then we will talk about what to do about this new evil."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:42 AM   #2
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Akai shifted the pack on her shoulder as she stepped over the winding roots of the trees. The wind whispering through their leaves made her smile. Makes me wish I could hear them... To know what they were saying. A small laugh escaped her as she trudged along. Slowly the wispered became actual voices, unmistakable in their tones. Tilting her head to the side, Akai stopped. She did not want to intrude on their conversation, well, moreso she didn't want to be attacked. Glancing around, she sought to find another means of travel, even if it meant taking the long way 'round. "Oh dear... I'll get lost in here if I stray from my course..." Hoping the voices ahead belonged to civilized people, she continued one, listening to their tones again, but being increasingly careful to block out their words. It wasn't polite to eavesdrop.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio looked around, but couldn't see Ivy anywhere. Suddenly she saw her, speaking with what seemed to be a large tree. "Ivy, what is that?" She asked, cautiously approaching her friend.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akai peered around the massive trunk of an old oak. Two elves stood speaking with what looked to be a... talking tree. She blinked and took a step back, her foot landing on an old brittle twig, its snap causin the elves' heads to turn. The tree seemed to turn with them, its creaking branches sounded as if it were merely swaying in the wind. Akai knew she had seen it turn though. Fool! Don't be daft! Trees don't turn... She paused for a moment. She'd heard something about the trees living from an old elven friend of hers. Where they spoke, rather than whispered to the wind. Akai ducked her head behind the trunk, though she knew they'd seen her. An ent then... Hm. Maybe.

Old 09-30-2003, 07:02 AM   #5
Fimbrethil

"Not dropping any eves are you? I don't like evesdroppers(sp?)." I said a little to loudly because it scared some birds away. "Are you a SPY?!"I thundered.

Old 09-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #6
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"This is an Entwife, and that is I belive Akami. Don't be scared dear, I just know many things. Expecially since I met you on your 60th birthday." I turned to [is it Fim in this one?]"I don't really think that she's a spy."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
Fimbrethil

"Well if she against the evil then she is on our side. Come over I didn't mean to scare you. Now, Ivy you must go back and bring all your firends here so that we can talk about what to do."

Old 09-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #8
Legoles

"Yes, I shall go and return to you in a few days." She ran off out of the circle of trees and went out into the distance.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:59 PM   #9
Gulio, Strength of Many

Gulio trailed after Ivy, wondering what had just happened, "Um, Ivy, what was the entwife-tree thingy talking about?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:50 PM   #10
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Watching two of the figures leave, Akai stepped out into the open. "I didn't mean to interrupt anything..." She paused, and shook her head. "I was only walking, but I guess I offended someone... Oh, I don't know. Never mind, just ignore me, I'm rambling." She walked over to the ent and the remaining person with a small smile. "The name's Akai. Sorry if I bothered you."

Old 10-01-2003, 12:12 AM   #11
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ic: Out of the distance rose a great smoke, above the trees. The smell of burning wood reached the nostrils of those in the forest.
Birds winged swiftly from the spot, and animals fled in fear.
The great forest was burning.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 10-01-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:15 PM   #12
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Drevra looked out her window in the top floor of the old tower and laughed, a cold, heartless laugh. She was miles upon miles away from the forest, but even now she could see it burning in her mind. With luck, that would be the last of the elves and ents that were discovering even now that there home was burning to the ground. Without luck, she would defeat those that dared oppose her anyway. Again she laughed, and gently touched her hand to the Silmarils that rested on her brow.

"Soon," she said to herself. "Soon they shall see the true power of the Silmarils"

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #13
Fimbrethil

"Akai! Come quikly the forest is burning!" Fim scearmed above the din of the animals. A few hours later Fim set Akai down in an another forest far away from her old home. "I hope everyone got out alright. And I hope the others can find us...About what you said earlier you are not a burden why should we ignore you? But don't answer that yet. I fear that our freinds won't be able to find us here, you must go and met them and bring them here. But be careful the enemy must already have spies everywhere. Go now!" And with that Akai was gone to find the others. And Fim sat down to attend to the burns she had gotten in their narrow escape from the forest.

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 10-03-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #14
Gulio, Strength of Many

Gulio paused, "Ivy, I smell smoke." She turned back tothe forest and to her horror she could see orange flames licking the tree-tops about two hundred feet from the edge of the wood.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #15
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

"My Lord. What is the next step of Your plans?" Morgon stood in the doorway to his Master's chamber. He looked as if he was a ghost, devoid of blood, heart, and soul. His silver and gold eyes gleamed in the half-light. He could smell pain and death and blood. The source was, most likely, the dungeons and the torture chambers. He called them his "pleasure rooms". "My Lord, if we are to move swiftly, it would be best if you would instruct me to see to the breeding of the Orcs, Wargs, and Trolls. Your Grand Army is only at, perhaps, three quarters of its full potential. We need more of the fell beasts. What say You, My Lord?" He took two steps more into the chamber, and waited for his Master's reply.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:37 PM   #16
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Kalile climbed higher into the tree as it burned below her, leaping from a branch as the fire licked at her boot. Finally, she reached the top and could go no further. The top revealed her last hope was in vain; the trees nearby were also wreathed in flame. She couldn't hope to stop the fire either, for it was fed by some devilry stronger than her small magic.

A white shape like a stricken bird flew out of the tree, impossibly far and high, floating in terrible grace to kiss the sun before turning down and plummeting to the earth beyond the fire.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 01:15 AM   #17
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Rosie-Posie stepped out of her hobbit-hole, which the mirkwood elves made made for her, into the sunlight. It was a beautiful day, but something wasn't right, something in the air. 'Must be Vara cooking again!' she thought to herself. Suddenly a rider burst through the trees...

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #18
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Drevra, dark cape billowing about her in the wind from the open window, turned to Morgon.

"Yes, Morgon. You are right. I think we have enough trolls, for the time being, but we must see to breeding more orcs, and wargs," She had always been partial to using the wolf-like creatures to fight, despite their weakness to fire.
"but it is not the army that troubles me now." again she looked out the window. "Destroying the forest did not go entirely to plan. Many of the ones that oppose me still live. Morgon, I know you are busy with the army, but I have never known you to pass up an opportunity to take some innocent people captive." She smiled wickedly. Her High Adviser had a very admirable taste for inflicting pain. "If I use my powers to send you to them, will you find our enemies? You could do with them what you pleased, as long as they did not stand in my way." Again she looked out the window, awaiting his answer.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #19
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Morgon smiled. That smile had been the last thing many had seen. "As always, My Lord, I am ever at Your Command. I do, however, have use for more slaves. If it is Your Wish, then it is also mine."
Old 10-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #20
Legoles

"Oh my god! RUN!!!!!!!!!"

PADFOOT LIVES!