Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2003, 09:13 AM   #1
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Darkest Nights Discussion

Okay; I had this idea that I could begin an RPG about these three characters, who all begin in the same place. A dark cave, but they aren't together and don't know each other, and don't know how they got there. The story can be about how they escape and what they find whilst they're in there. Something drew them together there and they need to find out why this happened. I've created the three characters already, so their bios are here, and if anyone thinks this looks like fun then pick who you want to be. I am Isis Kara the Elf assassin, though.

I'm open to other characters as well by the way, I just though I would create some to get it going.

I also thought we could use some good narrative as well, so it's more a collaborative story RPG. Anyhow, twas just an idea.

Name: Phenial 'Raven' Rainshield The magician

Played by: Arcala

Age:??? Appears young though is hundreds of years old if not more.

What type of wizard, and where your type is from: Raven is a master of illusion. He has the ability to transform himself into a Raven (hence the name) and can use all other forms of magick from the schools of Illusion and mysticism. (Like invisiblity, blind, chamealeon spells and such)

Physical Description: Rough looking 6'7" human, usually wears black cloak over anything and caries a silver sword, a crossbow and quiver on his back and a small dagger. Always dark and mysterious looking.

Talents, Areas of Expertise: He is a thief, natural and talented. His affiliation is with the thieves and assassins association (Black Glove Guild)

Personality:Elusive, quiet, reserved, but most of all inconspicuous!
_____
Name: Seri Flick

Played by: Nariel

Race: Sylph (fire nymph of the air)

Description: About 1'5" She has slightly orange, though it is very pale, and her hair and wings are deep red, as are her eyes.

Personality: She isn't shy, and loves to tease passing travellers. People know of her, and sometimes avoid passing her area of the forest when travelling in a hurry! But little else is known of her past.

Magicality: She has the ability to heal, and conjour flames all around her in many different forms. Firewall, firestorm etc.

Abilities/area of expertise: She is an expert at causing chaos and waylaying innocent travellers. She is light, agile, fast, and fiery. She has a minute bow, with which she fires flaming arrows iin her defence, and rarely misses. She also has great knowledge of the forest, and surrounding hills.
______
Name: Isis Kara

Played by: Elfmaster XK

Alias: Iska the assassin

Race:Wood Elf

Description: 5'2" is quick and nimble. Long dark hair, green eyes. Usually wears black, green or brown.

Personality&history: Quiet and reserved she seems, but her lifestyle requires that of her. However, really she is not the most patient person and is reasonably quick to anger.

Talents: She is a very quick and quiet runner, is an excellent archer and posesses slight magical abliities. She can make herself unnoticed or 'invisible' for a short amount of time each day, and her rune scimitars were a gift from an ancient prophet, and the white one delivers not only a normal blow, but a magical frost burn, whereas the black one drains energy from the surroundings to protect the bearer. She is highly skilled with these swords, and has the agility and athletecism to wield them unrivalled.

Weapons: Short recurve bow, silver dagger, rune scimitars.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-16-2003 at 05:48 AM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:06 PM   #2
Arcala
Elven Warrior

I'd like to be Raven, but I've got to think about it first. Does he look anything like my avatar?
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping

Last edited by Arcala : 09-11-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Arcala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
I'd like to be Seri. I like nymphs...

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 08:13 PM   #4
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Hmmm...everyone is taken. Is there a possibility that I might still be able to join? If not, that's okay too.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #5
Aewionen
Elf Lord

oh! me too?
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 05:23 AM   #6
Elfmaster XK

Arcala, he can look like you avatar if that is how you view him. That was just my simplest overview of him.

Nariel, am glad you like nymphs, and hope you intend to make Seri a very mischievious one.

Guilo and Aewionen, of course you can join. Just invent your own characters. I only did those to get started. Alternatively I'll make some up now and you can adopt them if you like. Or take the name but change things about them. Whatever.

---
Name: Alethea

Race: Human

Personality: Know it all. She believes she has a vast knowledge of everything due to her advanced years and studies. This makes her slightly stuck up and unwilling to compromise, but under pressure she will do so. She tends to put up a front, hiding the real Alethea through fear of repeating past mistakes, but once you pass the colder side and get to know her she is kind and intelligent.

Talents: Her area of skill is the destructive school of magic. (Producing fire and ice as a weapon and such.) She is also very skilled in speechcraft, often persuading others to see her POV.

Physical description: Short with black hair and green eyes. Her typical attire is that of elves so that she may blend in with their kind in the forests she shares with them.

Weapons: Silver dagger and assorted other small blades.

-----

Name: Sarkas Sadda

Race: Dark Elf

Personality: Strange (no other word for it), somewhat fanatical, judgemental, wants justice to prevail. He worked for a temple as a sort of crusader against "bad people" for a while, and this has made him have a strong sense of morality, but also very to the point and ready to fight if he cannot seem to turn people to his view.

Description: Burly looking, tall with spiky hair and wears his armour all the time. As a dark elf he has red eyes and dark blue/grey skin, and so looks fairly sinister sometimes. He carries a large silver claymore, and a steel broadsword all the time, often also being equipped with small axes and throwing knives.

Talents: An excellent fighter trained with all kinds of weapon, but he is also dedicated to anything he sets about doing. He is also a skilled healer and alchemist from his days at the temple healing the sick.

So there if you want them. If not, invent your own character. I also repeat; this is a free RPG. Anyone can join at the moment.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-12-2003 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:10 PM   #7
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

I'd like to join as well. If you wish to make a character for me, its fine by me.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #8
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Oh goody!! I'll be Sarkas then. This is gonna be fun...

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:06 PM   #9
Arcala
Elven Warrior

How should we start?
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Arcala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:04 PM   #10
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Yay!

Name: Alaith
Race: Men

Personality: A very happy-go-lucky girl whose head is always held high. She is not afraid to be who she is and will stand up for what she believes in. Alaith is loyal and kind if you are on her good side but deadly if not.

Talents: Grew up in the forests and mountains so she is very good and tracking, hunting, and making shelter. She is also good with animals and weaponry.

Description: Alaith has dirty-blonde hair with light blonde highlights. 5'3, with blue green eyes. She usually wears blue, green, or pale purple.

Weapons: Sword, bow, and throwing daggers.

Lets start!
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 09-17-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:56 AM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

My narrative could use some excercise so could I join? I like to adopt Alethea since Aewionen made her own character.

*has the feeling she's going to enjoy being 'slightly stuck up'*
Old 09-13-2003, 09:40 AM   #12
Elfmaster XK

Welcome aboard everyone then.

Legoles, you can make up a character if you so choose. If not then use the one I have made.

Name: Kailin

Personality: As a scout she gets on very well with other people and is an excellent diplomat. She is also very good when it comes to finding places that are purposefully difficult to find, and thus has become a bit of a mercenary to treasure hunters and rogues. On the whole she is willing to help other people but always for a price.

Talents: Diplomacy in all forms, stealth, athletics (no, not hurdling )

Physical description: Short with red hair and green eyes. She carries as little as possible with her, always wearing clothing to suit her environment.

Weapons: Assorted small blades, crossbow and longbow.

Okay, I thought for a beginning everyone could intorduce their character separately through an event, and then them waking up in the cave, lost. Then we can meet each other and go from there. For example, when I start the RPG I thought I would have my character walking along a beach and then running away from something. Then she will black out and wake in the weird place. That was just my plan, if anyone can think of a better way to start it then I am open to ideas.

And Eärniel, stuck up? I see it now; Alethea hounding every step of the way with endless complaining that she was right...

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-13-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
And Eärniel, stuck up? I see it now; Alethea hounding every step of the way with endless complaining that she was right...
Perhaps only a teeny weeny bit. Afterall you wrote in the character description 'slightly stuck uk'. So I'll be good....

....most of the time

No seriously, I think it's a very good excercise for my poor RPG-skills to try a character that is different from my own personality. I've never tried something like this so it's a big challenge for me.

And I'm itching to try out my 'destructive magic', I've never had a magical character before.

Your idea of opening the RPG sounds fine with me. I don't have a better idea, in any case.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #14
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Kalin... YAY! I don't have to rack my brain for this one!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 06:41 AM   #15
Elfmaster XK

Okay then, so for now we have:

XK - Isis Kara, Wood Elf Assassin
Arcala - Raven the magician
Nariel - Seri the Sylph
Gulio - Sarkas Sadda, Dark Elf Mercenary
Aewionen - Alaith, Human, Hunter/tracker
Eärniel - Alethea, Human, Witch
Legoles - Kalin, Human, Scout

I am going to start now then. Join in any order and any way you'd like to. And have fun!

To anyone else, please ask to join in the discussion thread. Thankee.

Quote:
No seriously, I think it's a very good excercise for my poor RPG-skills to try a character that is different from my own personality. I've never tried something like this so it's a big challenge for me.

And I'm itching to try out my 'destructive magic', I've never had a magical character before.

Your idea of opening the RPG sounds fine with me. I don't have a better idea, in any case.
I don't think your RPG skills are poor. And all these characters are ones I haven't used before. I intended to base a story around them but never got around to writing it, so thought why not make it an RPG. And as for that magic...be careful mate, try not to cause too many rockfalls in the cave

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-14-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #16
Halbarad
Sapling

I was wondering if I could join this RPG as a new character?

Name: Brannawen

Look: long shaggy black hair, glowing silver eyes, about 6'2" but can diguise hight to look smaller or taller, long black cloak that allows him to hide in darkness at will, long black sword in a scabbard of pure mithril with dagger in it, long bow finely crafted by the elves with a quiver on his back filled with 50 arrows. no body armor is worn. Long scar on right cheek.

History: Grew up among the Dunedain. grandson of Halbarad. One of the finest of the Dunedain until he was ejected form them for killing another Dunedain in anger. Went to Fangorn and became a dark Dunedain. (not evil, just not good.)

Personality: You could say he is an aquired taste. Small dark sense of humor. Cynical, untrusting to anyone he does not know closely. Quick to anger, quick to kill. Big loner, prefers to seperate himslef even with a company. However, if he gets drunk enough he is enjoyable, likeable, and extemely festive.
and drown my woe.
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
But there still be...
Many miles to go.
Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
and the stream that falls from hill to plain,
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took
Halbarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:39 PM   #17
Elfmaster XK

Sure, welcome aboard. Introduce yourself whenever you're ready. We've only just started.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-14-2003, 09:50 PM   #18
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Yes Please! Here goes, 7th RPG!

Name: Trigoniastaelinia (Trin)
Race: Men
Appearance: Black hair with silver highlights, green eyes, black shirt, black pants, black boots.
Weapons: A knife in each boot and her left sleeve, a staff with a blue stone, bow and quiver of 50 arrows on her back.
Personality: As her occupation requires, she is very careful. She can be absolutely silent when needs be, and she is very good at hand-to-hand combat. She has excellent hearing and sight, and she is very near a genius. Whatever comes to hand, she can use it as a weapon.

Can we start now?

**edit** No problem, Elfmaster. It's fine, I shoulda thought of that myself.

Last edited by Estel13 : 09-15-2003 at 08:57 PM.
Estel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:33 AM   #19
Elfmaster XK

I posted my introduction. It's in the forum somewhere. Go find it and write your characters entrance.

Can I just make one tiny point about you character Estel? The fact she has no area of expertise, in that every area seems to be her expertise, will seriously undermine the skills of the other characters. Would it be possible for you to change her to have one occupation please?

I hope no one thinks I am being unreasonable and controlling.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-15-2003, 03:05 PM   #20
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I see ye'r still short of some dwarvish fodder to take the beating? I'd enjoy bein a dwarf in this one if that is al'right with yer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Turgin Boulderhead

Race: Dwarf

Personality: Of the usual dwarven spirit: Fear nothing openly, useless at lying, eager for using his axe and always meeting battle headon, and most of all: always dependebal towards his friends. He do not greet friendship too easily though... especially elves should have a hard time of such. And I predict that the dark elf will find a hard time finding a good word from me Oh, and I might add he is not very good at sneaking :P ...and always enjoy a good cag o' ale!

Occupation: Battlerager (a slightly unorthodox fighting style )

Talents: Axecleaving and ehmm... axecleaving :P

Physical description: Normal dwarf physics: Broadshouldered and muscled. Short, long brown beard. He has no hair on the top of his head, but instead it is fancied with a spiked helmet (A long spike on the top of the helmet). He wears mostly leather, but his chest is covered with a metal plate, and his boots enlaid with metal as well. His sleeves are fitted fit razor sharp blades.

Weapons: A doubleheaded axe, enlaid with dwarven runes. Made of a sturdy dwarvish metal . He has also a light shield that usually hangs across his back, and a jagged knife in his left boot (he has to be on his back or heavily crouched to get to that knife though).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So may I join?

OOC: I hope that I have enough time for this... if the post speed isn't breathtaking I guess I should be ok...