Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Special Edition DVD Preview....

Ok, this really can't get lost in the mix of the other thread cuz if you watched the Preview for the Special Edition DVD there are many awesome things coming!!

Huorns!!! That's all I need to say about them

Boromir is in it, during a flashback sequence involving Faramir and Denethor. Also, with Boromir rejoicing about retaking Osgiliath, and then of course with his horn being found cloven in two.

More scenes with Gollum, always a plus!

Aragorn and Gandalf talking about how Sauron is fearful.

Sam and Frodo climbing down the mountain wall with the elvin rope.

The drinking of the Ent draughts

The burial of Theodred.

Gandalf riding to find the Rohirrim.

Flotsam & Jetsam...

I am so excited about this as well, because from the preview it looks like there are scenes in there that many of us thought PJ just forgot about, but I guess not. I definitely can't wait for this!!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

The extended edition is going to be so AWESOME, I cannot wait for it to come out.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Strider Extended edition of Tow Towers...

Quote:
Boromir is in it, during a flashback sequence involving Faramir and Denethor. Also, with Boromir rejoicing about retaking Osgiliath, and then of course with his horn being found cloven in two.
Yes, I think this overview of the interactions between Denethor, Boromir, and Faramir will be great and possibly shed some light as to why Faramir came across as he did in the movie. Anyone remember Celeborn theatrical version vs Celeborn Extended DVD version? It added alot of depth.

I too look forward to the entdraught scenes, and also of the scenes not glimpsed in the teaser on this DVD.
c'mon November!
Old 09-07-2003, 03:23 PM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I'm absolutely stoked about this. This may well address every single issue I have about the theatrical cut (just as FOTR did in pretty much every respect).

I mean... HUOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNS!

Also, I'm glad to see that many of the scenes we saw in the original March 2002 TTT preview at the end of FOTR are being put back. ("So Gandalf Greyhame thinks he has found the lost king of Gondor..." / "Sauron is not so mighty that he is above fear; he fears you, Aragorn" / et al.) I wonder if we'll see the bit in Rivendell where Arwen says, "You have the gift of foresight, tell me what you have seen!"

Now, as for the whole "Flotsam and Jetsam" chapter being put back in - well that takes some weight off ROTK. I don't think we'll see Merry and Pippin smoking Southfarthing weed when the others arrive, though - without the Scouring of the Shire it doesn't make sense.

HUOOOOOOOOOOOORNS!
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
Gamigar
Elven Warrior

Strider

is this trailer on the tt dvd?
And I must follow if I can
Pursuing it with eager feet
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet
And wither then I can not say
Gamigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:03 PM   #6
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Sorry to drop in suddenly and be a boor, but I couldn't help saying "I told you so!" I started a thread way back called things you hope will be in the extended cut. I put entdraughts and the shattered horn at the top of my list. ka-ching!

Pete
Old 09-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
Gollum

when does the extended version come out?

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:44 PM   #8
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

November. I waaaaannnnttt iiiiittt nooooowwww!!!

I love the clips from the entdraugh (spl?) scene, as well as the stuff with Boromir, Faramir and daddy. The floatsam and and jetsam stuff looks cool, and I love the part in the book with the elven rope, and am glad to see it's gonna be in the EE (though, does anybody else think that Elijah Wood's screams are a little silly sounding?).

Me CANNOT wait.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote