Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2001, 06:52 PM   #1
bmilder

Old RPGs (Leif, Mathron, etc. please read)

I want to add the two old RPGs, Fangorn Forest and Hobbiton, to the Tolkien Trail Fan Fiction area. I haven't followed the RPGs, and I'm wondering how you would suggest doing this. Just cut and paste the whole thing? Indicate the usernames? or what...
Old 04-16-2001, 09:49 PM   #2
Mathron

Re: Old RPGs (Leif, Mathron, etc. please read)

That is an interesting plan...
You could either simply cut and paste, and do things the simple way, or try and merge the posts together a bit more fluidly. It depends on how much time you have to do the project. I would be glad to try and sort together Fangorn Forest, and The Great Quest when it is done, but would not be able to do so immediately, being rather busy with only a few weeks of school left.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:50 PM   #3
Lief Erikson

Re: Old RPGs (Lief, Mathron, etc. please read)

I'm not sure how you would go about it, frankly. Either cutting and pasting and indicating the usernames or simply making a link from the Tolkien Trail to those RPGs would probably be best. I personally don't have the time to help you with the job, as I'm very busy writing a book myself, and I've been spending a lot of my free time working on that. But I will be interested in seeing it when it's done.

Perhaps Gilthalian will know of a better way, as I think he probably knows a lot more than me about computer graphics and the things you can do from the Internet.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:30 AM   #4
Elbreth of Carhouth

Good idea Ben, I was thinking about suggesting it to you, but didn't want to impose. I would suggest cut-and-past unless you have someone who is extremely diligent and wishes to re-type the whole think. The plus side to re-typing is that necessary exclusions can be made, like when someone mis-read a post, or some error was made in the game. Then there isn't the mundanity of reading over the character's backtracking.
I wouldn't suggest a link, there are any number of ways that a link could be broken, causing lots of trouble. Good luck with it, and though I'd love to help I'm afraid I've not the time.
Old 04-18-2001, 07:03 PM   #5
bmilder

How about cutting and pasting the writing, but using a different color writing for each new user posting? I'm also assuming I would cut out OOC stuff.
Old 04-18-2001, 08:58 PM   #6
Lief Erikson

That would be a fine idea. My color can be very dark brown. For Fangorn Forest, anyway. My characters in The Great Quest are quite different.
Old 04-18-2001, 10:28 PM   #7
Mathron

That sounds like it would work! If we have colors, just make me black. Fits all my characters, anyway...
Old 04-19-2001, 12:58 AM   #8
Lief Erikson

Then that leaves Morkhon, Xivigg and Sauganast. Elbreth can post her own colors, but I don't know how present the others are.

I'd say gold for Morkhon and green for Sauganast. Green seems to fit his character's character anyway. :lol: . Xivigg, I don't know. Perhaps light blue.
Old 05-03-2001, 12:58 AM   #9
Morkhon

Decided to check back in on this forum after a few months away and I see this. Sounds like a great idea to me and just for legal stuff you have my permission to use my posts. I don't know about Gold though, I like either a Dark Blue or Dark Green, perhaps a grey if those two don't work.
Old 06-26-2001, 02:55 PM   #10
Elbreth of Carhouth

What ever you think will work best, Ben, is fine. Although I fancy blue...
Old 06-26-2001, 03:38 PM   #11
bmilder

Heh, I never did get around to this. Well now it's summer so I will have time
Old 06-26-2001, 04:03 PM   #12
Mathron

Excellent - and the Great Quest is finished now, so you can put it all together!
Old 07-17-2001, 09:37 PM   #13
Shanamir Duntak

Good. Is it over?
Old 07-18-2001, 01:34 AM   #14
Lief Erikson

Certainly is. And if you want to join into the new one entitled "The World of Danger," you're welcome to. After you enter your character(s) into the discussion area and give a little info about them, you'll be welcome in. Someone (possibly me) will give you a brief outline as to what has happened so far, if you don't want to read it yourself.
Old 08-11-2001, 02:32 PM   #15
Gilthalion
Lord of the Southfarthing

Hobbiton

I think that Hobbiton was never resolved.

We made a fan fic out of our Bree RPG at the Barrow Downs. It turned out pretty well, and was done along the lines bmilder suggests, but without colors or other differentiation of writers.

Let me know how this works out. I haven't thought about Hobbiton in a long time.
Gilthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 03:33 PM   #16
Ben
Retired Ent

Yeah I didn't post about it but Mathron did up the fan fic of the Fangorn Forest RPG awhile ago. He said that when he gets a chance, he'll try to divide it up into chapters - and will try to get to the other ones too.

It ended up not being with the colors, but just a ruled line to differentiate the posts.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 06:18 PM   #17
Gilthalion
Lord of the Southfarthing

Hobbiton

I will make an attempt to deal with this sooner or later. I'll post here when it's done. I propose to create an end to the story and proof the rest of it (leave out OOC, check spelling & grammar, etc.).
Attached Files
File Type: txt hobbiton.txt (53 Bytes, 40 views)

Last edited by Gilthalion : 08-12-2001 at 06:20 PM.
Gilthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 06:51 PM   #18
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

wow short rpg. that was, what? 6 words long maybe?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:08 PM   #19
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

The actual is quite a bit longer, and farther in the archives - I think it simply never got finished.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:19 PM   #20
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yes, it was long. Not so long as The Great Quest maybe, but still quite long.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote