Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

School shootings

Has there been a school shootingor something of the sort near you? A couple of days ago the was a fifth grade boy in a town about 12 miles from me and he shot himself in a school bathroom. He had 7 other guns and a list of people he wanted to kill before himself but decided not to. His parents were having a dicorce and were fighting over custody and along with that kids made fun of him at school.

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 04:55 PM   #2
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

oh my God! that is so sad and unfortunate! in answer to your question, no I don't think there's ever been any shootings at a school near me...thank the Lord
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:03 PM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Re: School shootings

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli-son-of-gloin13
Has there been a school shootingor something of the sort near you? A couple of days ago the was a fifth grade boy in a town about 12 miles from me and he shot himself in a school bathroom. He had 7 other guns and a list of people he wanted to kill before himself but decided not to. His parents were having a dicorce and were fighting over custody and along with that kids made fun of him at school.
thats pretty harsh i always try to be nice to those kids that sort of get singled out but some like it that way to. as for shootings never happened around here
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:09 PM   #4
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

That's horrible!!! There's never been anything like that here where I live. Just lots of fights but no kids killing themselves
Old 06-06-2003, 07:31 PM   #5
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

that's sad, only in 5th grade and already hated his life enough to end it. how'd he get 8 guns without any one knowing?

As far as i know nothing like that's happened at my old school, although several years ago i think there was bomb threat there. Seems like there was a bomb threat or a someone with a gun at a school close to here. I don't think it ever made it to the local news though.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:48 PM   #6
Ruinel
Banned

That is so sad.

I wonder how stressed out a 5th grade kid has to be to finalize his life in such a manner.

I also wonder how he got ahold of so many guns. How would a 5th grade kid have access to such a hoard of weapons. damn.

Nothing like that has happened here, that I know of. Or, it has happened and I didn't hear about it. (hopefully the first thing)
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #7
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

i havent heard of anyhting like that near my school.

How could a 5th grader get so many guns

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:05 PM   #8
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

To answer a question most of you had, he got them from home (My friend knows them and he has been to their house a cuple of times) The parents probably feel really guilty.

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 12:50 AM   #9
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Parents can be really cruel without meaing to to their children when they're getting a divorce.

I was a junior councilor at a camp and everyday - his parents would fight over him through his lunch. It was day camp and one day he'd stay at his mother's and the next at his father's. In his lunch he would also have letters from either parent saying "I wish you could live with me forever" and all this other stuff. He used to run into the cabin and cry and I felt so sorry for him. I wanted to tell the parents so badly what they were doing to him.

As for if there has ever been a shooting in a school near me - no, but inner city schools rutinely have problems - but it just never gets reported nationally. All most people really care about is if the shouting occurred in a "good school" or "good neighborhood". In inner city schools - people used to get shot for their Nikes.

Note - This is the first post off of my new computer.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-07-2003 at 01:13 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:06 AM   #10
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I hate hearing about school shootings. Fifth grade is very young; how sad.

Only last year two people were killed at my university, and a few people were seriously injured. I don't know why the guy did it; during a tutorial he just took a gun from his jacket and began shooting people. Everybody was traumatised - even I, despite the fact I was on the other side of campus that day.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:45 AM   #11
Baby-K
Corruptor

That's extremely sad - gods, I can only imagine what must have been going through that poor kid's head, I'm just relieved that he did not shoot the other people too.

As for having school shootings - we had a case a week or so ago where a matric pupil (gr 12) shot & killed a gr 8 pupil at a private school in PTA (Pretoria). Apparently the Matric kid had been bullying the gr 8 & when the gr 8 stood up for himself & reported it (obviously leading to the older boy getting in trouble) the older boy took his dad's gun (the father is a highranking officer in the police force) and shot the younger kid in the head at school.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:06 AM   #12
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

If it's the same one I was reading about today, the reason he decided not to do it was because a teacher spotted the gun in his bag; he then locked himself in the bathroom, and shot himself when the police came in. So tragic. Only 12 years old.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 07:44 AM   #13
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia

Only last year two people were killed at my university, and a few people were seriously injured. I don't know why the guy did it; during a tutorial he just took a gun from his jacket and began shooting people. Everybody was traumatised - even I, despite the fact I was on the other side of campus that day.
Cass, you know how the guy tried to get into the room opposite his lecture room? My cousin was in that room- and she was pretty damn shaken up because of it. Thank goodness for those men who tried to restrain the gunman- who knows what else could have happened?

Those shootings caused a lot of pain- I believe counselling services were offered to students etc because of it?

And you know what else was so devastating? That he had a number of guns, legally . A man like that should have never obtained possesion of such weapons so easily.

Last edited by Linaewen : 06-07-2003 at 07:45 AM.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #14
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

There were 2 bomb threats at my school. but all the teachers and authorities knew that they werent real. unfrotunetly they didnt convoy this information to the students very clearly and people were a little freaked out for a while.

i read a really interesting book about a school shooting. its called "Give a Boy a Gun' (you know like, 'If you give a mouse a muffin', the childrens book??) I forget the author, but I wqould recomend this book to anyone who is interested in this topic. (i know that sounds morbid cause no one is really interesting is school shootings, but its a really good book that explains a lot about what people think about school shootings and how they dealt with them...)

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:29 PM   #15
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Poor kid.............hope they name the twats who were bullying him.

Never had any shootings at my school, although a few teachers were beaten up by pupils :/

I can only recall one school shooting in the UK, in the 70's a girl walked into her school and killed one of her teachers (story immortalised in the Boomtown Rats record)...........pretty sure there have been incidents since tho'.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote