Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2000, 07:45 PM   #1
Michael Martinez

Recent Suite101 articles

Programming projects have forced me to cut back on my various discussions over the past few weeks, so that's why I haven't been posting. But I figured it was time to catch up on some of the Suite101 announcements. I'll try to respond as usual.

www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/tolkien

Where have all the dragons gone?

J.R.R. Tolkien's first story concerned a "green great dragon", which he was told was not the correct way to speak of dragons. Years later, the author found the means to speak of dragons in a most compelling fashion. But how great were his dragons, and why did they like gold so much?

Elves by the numbers

How many Noldor reached Aman? How many returned to Middle-earth? These questions have annoyed Tolkien fans for years. But though we cannot know what J.R.R. Tolkien intended, we can make some educated guestimates.

Moving sale: magic rings and other trinkets half off

The Elves of Middle-earth had many regrets. But were they simply being materialistic when they grieved for lost treasures, or was there something more?