Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

fashions

dont you think that every 4months or so something new comes in to fashon like in our bit of the country its what section are youeg:goth skater etc
And with all the boys its warhammer and Yugi-oh cards, what next eh.....What do you think and what is the craze in your area??
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words

Last edited by Legolas_is_fit : 04-11-2003 at 03:56 AM.
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 04:32 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

So this is what we've come down to.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

The next trend will be bright orange fright wigs.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

you spelt fashion wrong.

i'm not real sure what the fad around here is right now, but i don't really care that much. i just wish that depsite what ever weird fashion is all the rave at moment they'd put regular clothes on the racks. i went shopping today and couldn't find any jeans that fit because A) they were all stretch B) most of them were replaced with capri pants. no matter what the size they make 'em stretch jeans. if they didn't all stretch i could find some that fit right.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #5
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Next craze hmmm........... Lord of the Rings wear. Every one will be wearing "Frodo Lives" shirts, or elven cloaks, or whatever. Yah......thats what I hope, not what I really belive.

Like EA. I'm not really sure what the fashion is around here.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #6
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
Next craze hmmm........... Lord of the Rings wear. Every one will be wearing "Frodo Lives" shirts, or elven cloaks, or whatever. Yah......thats what I hope, not what I really belive.

Like EA. I'm not really sure what the fashion is around here.

agreed!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:54 AM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I don't keep up with what's "fashionable" and I don't see that there are sudden overwhelming cultural changes that are happening every four months.

Things like Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering were at some point or another considered fads among children, but I fundamentally disagree - they've lasted too long. When I was in the fourth grade, Magic cards were the "craze". Now my brother's in the fourth grade, and Magic cards are still the "craze" (even though the game's become ridiculously convoluted and oversaturated, in my mind).

There were some things that were seasonal, true... Furbies, Tickle-Me-Elmos, Pogs, Tamagotchis - but some of those were mostly propelled by a gift-buying craze over the Christmas season due to aggressive marketing tactics. The main reason a lot of them went out of fashion, so to speak, was that the same aggressive marketing tactics replaced them with something new the year after.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:57 AM   #8
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Things like Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering were at some point or another considered fads among children, but I fundamentally disagree - they've lasted too long.
I agree. Some people might say that Warhammer is a fad, but I disagree for the same reason you do. Warhammer has been around for two decades I think, and it's still here. Of course, not that many people play it nowadays, but I have a few friends that do and I know someone who's been playing it since it came out in the '80s. (Of course, I play it too. )
Old 04-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #9
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

Re: fashions

I tell you another thing that is a craze in the U.K the LOTR models me and my brother collect them and we have quite a lot now,
and even my mum is getting in on the action she said to us 'thats it I'm going to help you on your models for stress relif'
She has exams at the moment.
And so is smoking everyone round the area I live nearly everyone smokes!
Personaly I think its mingin' Ive seen sence and I'm going to not be part of this craze.

Old 04-11-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

i don't smoke and i'm english!

i like the program Yu-Gi-Oh (anime fan... ) but yeah, what's with the warhammar? i've seen LOTR ones of those (i think) but don't really get it...
i tend not to keep up with fashions, they'll only become unpopular! (like Pokemon cards, finger skateboards, those Alien things...)
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:45 PM   #11
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

next fashion is snowboarding.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #12
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

That's not really a fad/fashion. That's just something that you do, and a fad is something that you collect (from what I know).

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf.Freak
yeah, what's with the warhammar? i've seen LOTR ones of those (i think) but don't really get it...
Warhammer is basically like the LOTR one, but with more races and units. I play High Elves (I always loved Elves. ) But they're really fun to paint and gaming is even more fun.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:23 AM   #13
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elf.Freak
[B]i don't smoke and i'm english!

Well its only round the area I live and it tends to be the people who want to rebelle against there pearents.
But i tink the worst place has got no be Chester im sorry if you live there but every time i go there is always ciggertte ends all stamped into the floor.
I used to like pokemon but at the moment im in to that T.V program the Murder Game on BBC 1 at 9.35 watch its really good.
My brother watches yugi-oh and I think that whats his name is the best not joey the one with the pointy hair do.

Old 04-12-2003, 08:21 AM   #14
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I know exacly what you mean!
Nearly everyone who lives near me smoke and most of my friends do!
I live in th UK and I have never smoked and never will and i don't understand how people can think it's cool.

There is loads of goth/skater wear at the moment here too. You go into town and nearly everyone is dressed like that. I don't have a problem with it at all but it's not the kinda thing i'd wear.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 08:46 AM   #15
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

Ye and when the boys wait after school for us they normally smoke and they all go down an alley before school, but you know the sad thing is that, there in my age group and they probally wont even make it to the age of 30-40, I was a skater but my deck broke (jumped out the top window on it)
So now I just wear what I feel good in.
And its well bad when your mum and dad try and join in and try and act cool. typical of pearents.
(Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes im part Dislecsict)

Old 04-12-2003, 08:55 AM   #16
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_is_fit
.....but you know the sad thing is that, there in my age group and they probally wont even make it to the age of 30-40,....
Experts or scientists or who ever "they" are think we'll be the first generation to have a lower life expectantcy (spl?) than our parents. pretty sad.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:51 PM   #17
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_is_fit
My brother watches yugi-oh and I think that whats his name is the best not joey the one with the pointy hair do.
Tristan???

i think another 'fashion' is drugs. so many people in my class have tried drugs or are either doing them! it makes me sick...
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #18
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

dog collars are in fashion. as are those black leather strap bracelets with silver studs. it seems like everyone has them, it isn't even a punk thing anymore.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #19
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I hate over-fashionable people! Everything has to be punk or skater where I am, or you are a poser apparently. People are a little mixed up on the definition of poser.

But I predict the naxt fashion will be really far out, whatever it is. I went out today to look at sneakers and everything has elastic bands and buckles or something all over them. I feel out of the loop, but that is brand new! So the next fashion will be ridiculously bright colors and useless gadgets all over your clothes.

I hope pogs make a comeback as a fad.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #20
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I make my own fashions... it's kind of annoying cuz I do something and then I find out it's a trend so I feel all... unoriginal. Like a safety pin in the ear. It grosses lots of people out, but some people say it's a punk trend. Or I cut my fingernails so they're spiked and I paint them black with silver tips... someone told me they know someone who has already been doing that. And duct tape. I didn't know other people did this stuff!!!

However, I do my own fashion. like I boiled a toothrbush and bent it in to a bracelet. and I once put a strap on my piggybank and wore it as a purse around the mall. One of my belts broke so I made it in to a bracelet. I painted a pair of sandals green glow in the dark with duct tape trim. Sure, I'm weird. A lot of people think I'm gothic... I greatly admire goths but I don't follow gothic trends or live the lifestyle. Would this make me poserish? I hope not, cuz I don't consider myself a goth... I don't have enough money to buy all the stuff i want lol

the biggest annoyance I have encountered... I discovered Finger Armor on ebay when I was looking for rings... a few months later I figured out it was a gothic trend. ergh!
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote