Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

Diablo II

Not sure if this belongs here, so if it needs to be somewhere else, srry. Anyway, is there anybody else who loves Diablo II the RPG computer game? I think it's great and I'm sure there are others who play it.

"Begun, the Clone War has..."
~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
TheWhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

You must have just recently gotten this game.

Its a waste of time.

It was very addictive its nature REQUIRED that you spend hours a day playing it basically. I had SC so I got this about a year ago. I wasted several month of my life playing this, beating the game many many times and getting high levels.

But whats the point?
After you beat the game once, it never changes. All it is is people cheating, looking to scam you, cows.

Everyone tires of it, believe me. But then, sadly, some just move on to other addictive games like Warcraft III.

SC isnt that addictive. i was addicted to that one for a while too (several years ago)... luckily that was mostly over the summer. I still occasionally play it when I am bored.

Blizzard makes FUN games. But ADDICTIVE and designed to TAKE YOUR TIME FROM YOU.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:26 PM   #3
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I've played DII some. Never very much tho', but I loved what I did play (which is a bit odd, as I am not usually fond of hack'n'slash's). But I never stuck with it enough to get past the first chapter. My brother beat it, tho. I know this one kid who is a complete Blizzard-aholic. He loves WCIII, DII, and plans to buy WOW.

Speaking of DII, my current computer game is Shadowbane, which operates on a system quite similar to DII.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #4
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i played it at my cousins i thought it was good but it isnt worth your time.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

Yea I also like WCIII, but I've never heard of Shadowbane, I'll have to check it out.

~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #6
Gwaimir Windgem

Be forewarned: It's an MMORPG, which means you have to pay to play. For this reason, I don't know any other folk who play it. But it turns out that it's even closer than I thought. The Barbarian and Huntress professions are rather closely based on the Barbarian and Amazon from DII.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-10-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

oh ok, so it's only MP? I like playing on BattleNet with DII, but it sucks when people cheat to hell and give themselves like 80000 life. It just ruins the point, and it makes it no fun. But I heard that that's just for Open Battlenet, and if you start another character that's just for battlenet than nobody can cheat. Do people use hacks and such on Shadowbane?

~Yoda

~H.I.M.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
Gwaimir Windgem

Not that I know of. Tho' I haven't done any "PvP" in it. And actually, I don't think it's PvP as much as GvG (Guild vs. Guild). The Guild system is really awesome. Totally revolutionary.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #9
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWhiteRider
oh ok, so it's only MP? I like playing on BattleNet with DII, but it sucks when people cheat to hell and give themselves like 80000 life. It just ruins the point, and it makes it no fun. But I heard that that's just for Open Battlenet, and if you start another character that's just for battlenet than nobody can cheat. Do people use hacks and such on Shadowbane?
The first Diablo was really fun. I must admit that I used hacks But only after I beat it first. Though they were fun to use. Makes the game interesting for a while.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:41 AM   #10
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I play WC3, but not nearly often enough that I'm any good at it. On the same lines, I don't find it all that addictive... but fun to play while I'm playing it.

I was somewhat better at SC, but there was a while when I played it fairly often with friends, which I haven't really done with WC3.

I haven't tried RPGs like Diablo, though. There comes a point when spending that much time on a game just isn't worth it.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 04:45 AM   #11
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

I played DII during the summer it was released and I like to think I was fairly decent. After that, I played it on the weekends with some friends of mine. Over the years, though, mainstream play has been reduced to repetitive runs through boring, but rich, areas. Pretty much the only reason to play for extended periods of time was to take advantage of the lucrative trading business. Some misguided souls would pay hundreds of dollars for 'legitimate' data bits.

The only faint hope for revival of the D2 'culture' was the v1.10 patch. However, that was scheduled for release last spring. Clearly, Blizzard has abandoned D2 in light of new titles. Of course, I wouldn't mind if they proved me wrong.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:56 PM   #12
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
The first Diablo was really fun. I must admit that I used hacks But only after I beat it first. Though they were fun to use. Makes the game interesting for a while.
yea, I used hacks too after I beat it, which is ok. What I meant was that people go on battlenet with too much everything, claim that they are legit, then kill you in one hit. I don't mind if people cheat, but they should at least be honest, and not enter games called 'NO HACKS'! Oh well, I don't really play that much anymore.

~Yoda

~H.I.M.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:55 PM   #13
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

I played D2 a bit, but mainly because the person I liked (who I am now going out with!) played. Looking back, I think I could have better spent my time, but it was fun. I don't like WC3, but looking at the WC3 art book I really like. The pictures of the Night Elves are really pretty and cool. On a sword, it reads "suurinen" in Elvish script. It means "by the wind". (Double U means long vowel, dont know how to do accents in this thingy) Thought it was odd.

My favorite class was the sorceress.
I like Arcanum- it has technology and magic.
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #14
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I haven't ever beaten it yet, but it's a great game. I've been having a craving for it recently, but I lent it to my friend.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:09 AM   #15
Anglorfin
Alasailon

D2 was fun while it lasted. To me, StarCraft was Blizzard's best game.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote